While British Netflix does not have as many titles as Netflix in the United States, it does feature numerous movies and television series that are not accessible to Netflix users in other regions of the globe. This implies that British vacationers may be unable to continue viewing their favorite programs. In this post, we’ll teach you how to access British Netflix from any country and offer some of the best VPN for Netflix UK.
A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, encrypts all internet data generated by a device and passes it via an intermediate server located in the location of your choice. Connecting to a VPN server in the United Kingdom, for example, enables safe access to the Netflix UK collection.
Netflix has become aware of this strategy and has begun restricting connections from recognized VPN servers. This implies that not all VPN services will function with Netflix in the United Kingdom. If you try to access Netflix over a prohibited VPN or other proxy service, you will see the following error:
“Whoops, something went wrong. Streaming error. You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
We conducted research on numerous companies to determine which is the best VPN for Netflix in the United Kingdom. Our selection was made using the following criteria:
- Worked reliably with the United Kingdom’s Netflix.
- Rapid download rates ensure continuous streaming.
- Security and privacy policies that are robust.
- Compatible with a variety of different devices.
- Customer service that is prompt and competent.
Bear in mind that even if a VPN service is compatible with Netflix, just a few of its servers may be. As such, we suggest contacting your VPN provider’s customer service to determine which VPN server is best for streaming British Netflix from overseas. Additionally, we cannot promise their compatibility with Netflix’s Android, iOS, and media console applications.
NordVPN is compatible with various regional Netflix libraries, including those in the United Kingdom, the United States, France, India, the Netherlands, and Spain. To learn which servers are compatible with Netflix, you may either explore NordVPN’s knowledge base or send an email to live customer service. Additionally, NordVPN provides safe access to a variety of additional streaming services, such as Amazon Prime Video, Sky Go, and BBC iPlayer.
Generally, speeds are adequate to broadcast high-definition video without buffering. NordVPN encrypts your data at 256 bits using AES and provides full forward secrecy. The firm maintains no records of user activity. Your data will not leave the VPN tunnel due to leak prevention and a process-specific kill switch. NordVPN has a network of over 5,000 servers in several countries.
On any plan, you may connect multiple devices concurrently. Apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android are available.
Can I use a free VPN to access Netflix in the United Kingdom?
We advise against using any ostensibly free VPN services for Netflix UK. Free VPNs often lack the resources necessary to circumvent Netflix’s anti-VPN measures. Additionally, they introduce hazards and limits that respectable premium VPNs avoid. If you try to watch Netflix UK using a free VPN, you will almost probably face the dreaded proxy error and will be unable to access the movie.
Numerous free VPN providers have data quotas or bandwidth limitations, which makes bandwidth-intensive activities like video streaming difficult to do. Server selection is quite restricted and you may need to wait in line to join.
Even if a VPN service presents itself as being free, it must generate revenue in some way; these are not philanthropic endeavors. A free service provider may install tracking libraries on your device, watch your activity, and sell the data to advertising. Certain free VPNs directly insert adverts into your browser, and a couple even deliver malware payloads.
In short, spend a few additional dollars and enjoy the peace of mind that a solid VPN provides.
Does Netflix permit using VPNs?
Proxies are technically forbidden under Netflix’s terms of service. Having said that, the business has not established a precedent for punishing consumers who view or try to see content over VPNs. While the majority of VPN servers are blacklisted, Netflix seems to be unconcerned when customers attempt to view while connected.
Netflix implemented the VPN prohibition in 2016, soon after the service’s worldwide launch. Netflix is compelled to limit viewing to particular countries due to content licensing limitations on TV series and movies, even if doing so is not in the best interests of its users or Netflix.
VPNs are completely legal in practically every country.
What content is available exclusively on Netflix in the United Kingdom?
Even though the US edition of Netflix contains approximately 1,000 more titles than the UK version, the British version still includes a few titles that are not available in the US. Among the most popular TV series available exclusively on UK Netflix are the following:
- Orphan Black
- Star Trek: Discovery
- The Expanse
Apart from television episodes, Netflix UK offers a slew of films that are not accessible in the United States. Netflix’s American film inventory has diminished in recent years as the firm focuses on acquiring more television episodes and original programming. The licensing fees for streaming such films are apparently significantly lower in the UK, implying that older films and masterpieces remain in the UK archive.
Bollywood aficionados can also find a lot to enjoy in Netflix’s UK edition. Netflix UK’s international film area has expanded with Bollywood films, both old and new.
Are you still seeing the Netflix proxy error? Consider the following:
If you’ve connected to the VPN mentioned above but continue to get the Netflix proxy error while attempting to watch a movie, try the following steps:
- Consult your provider to see if servers are compatible with Netflix UK.
- Log out of all Google accounts, including the one that is associated with the Chrome browser. Google caches IP addresses and so enables Netflix to determine your true location.
- Disable your device’s GPS and any other location-based services. If you have already been granted Netflix access to view your location, you may deactivate this permission in your browser settings.
- Delete all cookies, cache, and temporary files from your browser. Clearing cookies and clearing the browser cache on each of the main operating systems is covered in our lessons.
- Deactivate IPv6. This is mostly intended for Windows 10 users, but it may create problems on other operating systems as well. IPv6 may be disabled in Windows 10’s wireless settings.
- Purge the DNS cache. Open Command Prompt in administrator mode on Windows and type the following command: ipconfig/flushdns
- Adjust the timezone on your device to the country in which you’re attempting to stream Netflix. Summertime in the UK, the time zone is UTC+0, whereas wintertime is UTC+1.
- If you are connected to a wireless network and have access to the wireless router, rename the wireless network, or SSID. Add the suffix “_nomap” to the network name (minus quotation marks). It disables Google’s geolocation services, which rely on wifi networks to assist in determining people’s locations. Your device must be reconnected to the renamed network.
- Disconnect and rejoin the same server location to check if an alternative IP address that is not banned by Netflix becomes available.