If you’re in Bangkok at the moment, you may wish to connect to a local VPN server. This enables you to continue using geo-restricted websites and services while retaining the security advantages of a VPN (and possibly even faster speeds). Similarly, going overseas (outside Bangkok, Thailand) results in the inaccessibility of certain internet content from home. However, by obtaining a Bangkok IP address, you may access your favorite websites and surf normally.
VPNs encrypt your internet traffic and send it via an encrypted channel. This data is sent to a VPN server in a location of your choice, such as Bangkok, Thailand. Once you’ve obtained a Bangkok IP address through a VPN, you’ll be able to access Thai content freely without being restricted geographically or experiencing bandwidth throttling. Additionally, the protection and freedom offered by a VPN are critical in Thailand, a nation with highly limited internet access.
Are you curious as to how we arrived at our conclusion? Numerous VPNs strive for our attention. We were able to select the top VPN for Bangkok, however, by searching for the best provider that offers the following:
- Thai servers (and in Bangkok where possible).
- For streaming, lightning-fast speeds and a limitless amount of bandwidth are required.
- Unblock content that is geo-restricted or blocked by governments.
- Encrypt your data and maintain a “no-log” policy to safeguard your privacy.
- Apps for beginners on PC and mobile.
- Support through live chat and email, ideally accessible 24 hours a day.
Best VPN for Bangkok
NordVPN has a server network of 5,000+ and locations in several countries. In Thailand, all of its servers are based in Bangkok. If you’re in Bangkok, you’ll be able to connect to a server located near you for the best speeds available. In that vein, NordVPN is one of the fastest services we’ve tested, with unlimited bandwidth, making it an excellent option for both streaming and torrenting.
When you sign up with NordVPN, you’ll be able to connect to multiple devices simultaneously. Additionally, you’ll have access to specialized servers (P2P, Double VPN, and Onion Over VPN), as well as 24/7 live chat and email support. Internet users in Thailand have been punished for their online activity, but have no fear: NordVPN protects your data with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak prevention, and a kill switch. Additionally, this VPN adheres to a rigorous no-logs policy.
Connect to a NordVPN server in Bangkok using the NordVPN client software for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux. Additionally, browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox are available. You may also configure NordVPN manually on your wireless router.
How to use a virtual private network (VPN) in Bangkok
While VPNs may seem complex, they are very simple to use. All you need to do is follow the given step-by-step instructions.
- To begin with, create an account with a VPN service that has servers in Bangkok, Thailand. We specifically suggest NordVPN.
- Following that, you’ll need to download and install the VPN application on the device (or devices) that you’ll be using to surf and stream in Bangkok.
- Before connecting to a server in your desired location, log into the VPN app. This may be a server in Bangkok, Thailand, or a server in the United States for unblocking Netflix.
- Once connected, a new IP address will be assigned to you. You may then surf anonymously in Bangkok to get access to content that is geo-restricted.
- If geographic limitations persist, consider deleting your browser’s cookies or connecting to a different server. Otherwise, assistance from your VPN provider may be available to help.
Best VPN for Bangkok: FAQs
Why do I need a VPN in Bangkok?
According to a Freedom House study titled “Freedom on the Net 2020,” Thailand’s internet access is highly limited. There is a disproportionate amount of content that is blocked and considered critical to the monarchy. Even some VPN providers’ websites have been banned. Apart from government-censored content, you’ve almost certainly seen region-locked websites. By changing your IP address using a VPN, you can continue to access all of your favorite online content, normally, both in Thailand and while traveling overseas.
In Thailand, internet users have been detained and punished for their online activities. Additionally, the Thai government regularly monitors individuals’ online activities. A VPN encrypts your data, rendering it unreadable to the authorities. Additionally, you’ll be assigned a new, temporary Thai IP address that is not associated with your actual location or identity, allowing you to surf anonymously. In Thailand, internet service providers are obliged to keep records that may be viewed by authorities. However, the VPN mentioned in this article does not retain any records that might be used to identify you.
Is it possible to use a free VPN in Bangkok?
We do not recommend using a free VPN in Bangkok (or indeed, any other location). To begin with, very few free VPNs provide servers in Thailand, many in the capital city of Bangkok. By and large, free VPNs offer a limited number of servers, many of which are overburdened with users. As a result, server speeds decrease, and performance problems such as latency while streaming occur.
Additionally, certain websites in Thailand are filtered, while others are restricted by area. In comparison to the best VPN for Thailand, free VPNs, on the other hand, have a bad reputation for unblocking content. Consider security concerns as well. Not all free VPNs protect your data, and some even profit from your browser activity by recording and selling it. This is especially dangerous in countries like Thailand, where internet users fear punishment for expressing their right to free speech.