We’ll discuss the best virtual private network (VPN) for Dhaka, how to use it, and why it is critical to use it in Bangladesh.
In Dhaka, surfing the web may be a difficult experience. You’ve probably come across region-locked websites and services, whether it was a news site or a streaming service like Netflix. However, Bangladesh does have a degree of censorship, especially against individuals who are critical of the government. This has resulted in arrests in certain instances.
By encrypting your internet traffic, a VPN protects you from hackers and snoopers alike. Additionally, traffic is routed via a VPN server in the region of your choice. This may be close to home or halfway across the globe—the choice is yours! Once connected, a new (temporary) IP address will be given to you. This creates the illusion that you are surfing from a different location, enabling you to circumvent country-wide censorship or streaming limitations.
Best VPN for Dhaka
NordVPN is our top recommendation for Dhaka users. This well-established VPN service offers thousands of servers in several countries. As such, it enables safe access to a wide variety of popular websites and services, such as Netflix or Skype. In our most recent tests, NordVPN was one of the fastest VPNs on the market, with an average download speed of 115 Mbps. This is in part due to the introduction of its NordLynx protocol in April 2020, which is an adaptation of the open-source WireGuard standard.
This VPN allows you to connect to three different kinds of specialized servers: P2P, Double VPN, or Onion Over VPN. The latter two security-related choices are especially beneficial in Bangladesh, a nation where internet users’ rights may be abused. Additionally, 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks are included. Additionally, NordVPN adheres to a rigorous no-logs policy. If you need assistance, you may contact us through live chat or email 24 hours a day.
NordVPN applications for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV allow you to secure multiple devices simultaneously. While extensions for Chrome and Firefox are also available, they must be configured manually to operate with your wireless network.
You may be wondering how our top VPN for Dhaka was compiled. We go into more depth about our testing methodology below, but in summary, a VPN has to meet the following essential criteria to be selected:
- Servers are located in hundreds of countries.
- For continuous streaming, fast connections and unlimited bandwidth are required.
- Secure your data using high-end encryption.
- Around-the-clock live chat and email assistance.
- No-logs policy enables anonymous browsing.
- Allows for a minimum of five concurrent connections.
How to use a virtual private network (VPN) in Dhaka
You may be nervous if this is your first time using a VPN. The good news is that the best VPN for Dhaka provides user-friendly interfaces and round-the-clock assistance.
- Begin by registering with the VPN mentioned in this article. We highly recommend NordVPN.
- Following that, you should download and install the appropriate software for your device. The VPN mentioned above also provides browser extensions.
- Connect to a server in your chosen country by opening the VPN app. Connecting to a server in Bangladesh, for example, gives you a Bangladesh IP address.
- Navigate to the previously banned website or service—it should now be accessible in your region!
- If you continue to have difficulties, make sure to delete your browser’s cookies. Another possibility is to use a different server. Otherwise, contact your VPN customer service, who should be able to assist you further.
How we discovered the best VPN for Dhaka
There are many things to consider while selecting a VPN. When it comes to utilizing a VPN in Dhaka, we know that you’ll want one that has a large number of servers for circumventing limitations and a good degree of privacy protection. We have explained part of our methods for determining the best VPN for Dhaka (and for Bangladesh) below:
- Servers worldwide: Due to geographical limitations and government censorship, a VPN for Dhaka should provide servers in several countries. This simplifies the process of circumventing limitations. The VPN mentioned earlier has servers in dozens of countries.
- Speed: You don’t want to be restricted to browsing. Slow VPNs, on the other hand, do just this. Fortunately, the best VPN for Dhaka provides high server speeds, allowing you to watch and torrent simultaneously. Additionally, they offer limitless bandwidth, which implies that there is no limit to how often you can perform these actions.
- Streaming: While having servers in many places is amazing, it is not nearly as remarkable if they do not enable you to safely access region-locked content! We thoroughly test VPNs against a variety of popular websites and services to verify that they function as advertised.
- Security: Security is critical regardless of location. VPNs should use industry-standard encryption to protect all internet traffic from hackers and snoopers. Additionally, it helps if other security features are included, such as automated wifi protection or even double VPN servers that offer an additional layer of encryption.
- Privacy: Due to some of the privacy issues associated with internet usage in Bangladesh, it’s a good idea to utilize a VPN with a no-logs policy! This means that no one but you has access to your browser data. Regrettably, not all VPNs safeguard your privacy. That is why we conducted an analysis of more than 100 VPN logging rules.
- Ease of use: A VPN should enable you to connect to a server or change your settings in a couple of seconds. After all, this may be your first time using a VPN, in which case the fewer complexities the better! Additionally, look for live chat and email assistance, which should be accessible 24 hours a day.
- Value for money: Free VPN services are insecure and sluggish. Indeed, we discovered that even some of the most costly VPNs are feature-deficient. As a result, we’ve sought a VPN that strikes a balance, providing the greatest value for money. You can save even more money by taking advantage of our VPN discount codes!
To offer you reliable and up-to-date information about a VPN’s speed and security, we must do our tests! Our VPN testing process includes an in-depth examination of all aspects of a VPN from your viewpoint. This enables us to disentangle truth from fantasy, allowing you to make a better-educated choice.
Best VPN for Dhaka: FAQs
Why do I need a VPN connection in Dhaka?
Bangladesh has restricted internet freedom, especially during the COVID-19 epidemic. The government has responded by trying to ban websites and arresting users who are critical of their approach. As such, it is essential to have a VPN in Dhaka (or indeed, elsewhere in Bangladesh) to continue unblocking and accessing any internet content without fear of persecution.
It’s also worth mentioning that Bangladesh’s absence of data privacy legislation exposes internet users to monitoring. However, a good VPN encrypts your data and does not retain any records that may be used to identify you. This implies that while in Dhaka, you may surf the web anonymously without your ISP or the authorities seeing you.
Is it possible to use a free VPN in Dhaka?
We do not suggest using a free VPN in Dhaka or anywhere else. This is for a variety of reasons. One is that free VPNs provide sluggish speeds. While this complicates surfing, it makes streaming and torrenting almost impossible. Several of these free VPN providers will even restrict your internet connection. You’re likely to discover that they too struggle to circumvent regulations, restricting the amount of internet content available in Dhaka.
Another disadvantage of utilizing a free VPN is the lack of security. It’s important to bear in mind that some do not encrypt your data adequately. When this is combined with the absence of a kill switch or leak prevention, hackers and snoopers have access to your data. While some free VPNs earn money from advertising, others record your browser activity and sell it to other parties. As such, it is extremely improbable that you would be able to remain anonymous online in Dhaka with a free VPN.
Are VPNs legal in Bangladesh?
Due to the government’s censorship and geographic limitations in Dhaka, it is strongly recommended that you use a VPN. The good news is that virtual private networks (VPNs) are allowed in Bangladesh. Indeed, they are banned in just a few countries, so even if you go overseas, you should be alright. If you’re unsure, you can always check our comprehensive list of countries where VPNs are allowed and prohibited.