HBO Max is continuing to grow into new regions, having started on October 26, 2021, in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Spain, and Andorra. However, this service remains region-locked, which means that the majority of individuals visiting overseas will need a VPN to watch.
Even if you signed up for HBO Max in a supported country, you will get a notice similar to the following if you attempt to watch from another location:
Sorry, HBO MAX isn’t available in your region yet.
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) encrypts your internet connection and routes it via a server located in another country. To access HBO Max when traveling, you must connect to a VPN server located in a compatible country (for instance, you could use a US server to get a US IP address).
With so many VPN companies available online, it may be tough to determine which one can unblock the services you want while maintaining a secure connection. The following factors guided our search for the best VPN for HBO Max:
- Can assist you with gaining safe access to HBO Max.
- Rapid transmission of high-definition video streams.
- Customer service that is helpful.
- Confidentiality and security.
- Includes a money-back guarantee.
Best VPN for HBO Max
With NordVPN, we had no trouble unblocking HBO Max. Because it’s the fastest VPN we’ve tested this year, you’ll have no trouble watching high-definition videos. This is an excellent value-for-money alternative with high security and responsive customer service.
Additionally, NordVPN is compatible with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, the BBC iPlayer, and Hulu.
Apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and Fire TV are available. Up to six devices may be connected simultaneously.
FAQs for HBO Max VPN
HBO Max is accessible in which countries?
HBO Max is accessible in over 40 countries worldwide, including the United States of America, Brazil, Mexico, Spain, and Denmark. However, the service’s worldwide growth is expected to continue, with over a dozen more European nations expected to receive access in 2022 alone.
Is it possible to use a free VPN to unblock HBO Max while traveling?
We highly advise against using a free VPN to access HBO Max. HBO is one of the few streaming providers that has traditionally penalized customers caught using VPNs, so it’s better to invest in a reliable one. If you use a free VPN, your connection will almost certainly be banned, and HBO may suspend or cancel your subscription.
Additionally, free VPNs are sometimes too sluggish to view high-definition videos. They often impose data quotas or bandwidth restrictions. Numerous of them have even been reported to monitor users’ internet behavior or to contain viruses.
How can I use a VPN to watch HBO Max?
- To begin with, you must sign up for HBO Max. This requires a payment method from the United States.
- Subscribe to the VPN mentioned above. Download and install their app on your smartphone.
- Start the VPN application and go to a server in the United States or another compatible country.
- Connect by clicking the Connect button.
- After establishing the VPN connection, launch HBO Max and begin viewing!
What if my VPN is unavailable?
If you’re using the VPN we suggest but are unable to access HBO Max, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Delete the cache and cookies from your browser.
- Attempt to connect to a different VPN server.
- Contact the customer service department of your VPN provider.
- Attempt viewing on a different device or on a browser.
What distinguishes HBO Max from HBO Go and HBO Now?
HBO Now and HBO Go are two defunct streaming services that have been completely phased out in favor of HBO Max. While previous services were limited to HBO content, HBO Max features programming from a variety of networks and studios.