Residents of Kuwait have seen an increase in internet censorship in recent years, making the Virtual Private Network (VPN) an excellent alternative for anybody living in or visiting the nation. This program will encrypt your internet traffic and prevent snoopers from tracking your behavior, such as your Internet Service Provider (ISP), government agencies, and hackers.
Additionally, a VPN allows you to connect to a server located in another nation and alters your apparent location (by issuing a new IP address) to correspond. This allows you to visit websites that are geo-restricted and would otherwise be prohibited.
In this article, we disclose the best VPN for Kuwait and discuss why and how to use one. Not all VPN companies provide the same level of service, and they vary in terms of privacy, security, speed, and customer support, among other factors. When it came to selecting the best VPN to use, the ones that made our list had to fulfill several criteria, including the following:
- Maintains a massive worldwide server network.
- Provides rapid, dependable connectivity.
- Compatibility with well-known streaming providers such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.
- Provides applications for all major operating systems.
- Utilizes robust security measures and provides enhanced security features.
- Maintains no logs that may be traced back to a specific user.
- Provides superior customer service.
Best VPN for Kuwait
NordVPN is an excellent VPN provider in Kuwait. Its network of over 5,000 servers provides plenty of options. It is capable of unblocking some of the most difficult-to-access streaming services, such as Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer. If you have any difficulties, live chat customer service is merely a few clicks away.
You won’t have to worry about any information being logged while using the service since NordVPN adheres to a strong no-logs policy. Your communication is encrypted at 256 bits, and a kill switch and leak prevention (DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC) guarantee that it never leaves the encrypted tunnel. Automatic WiFi protection, split tunneling, and a double VPN connection are just a few of the other features offered by NordVPN.
Apps for Linux, Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android are available for download, and some routers may be set up manually. Multiple concurrent connections are permitted.
Is it possible to use a free VPN in Kuwait?
There is no question that there are several free VPNs accessible, but there is much debate about their use. The majority of free VPN services are substandard in terms of functionality and security. They are often comprised of tiny networks with an excessive number of users competing for bandwidth. This results in sluggish, unstable connections and lengthy wait times for server connections.
Even if you do have a solid connection, there is no assurance that it will function well for your intended purpose. For example, free VPNs lack the resources necessary to offer the same level of unblocking as their commercial equivalents and hence will often be unable to assist you in streaming videos from Netflix, Hulu, or similar sites.
Having said that, free VPN companies exist to earn a profit. Typically, they do this by bombarding you with advertisements or upsells, or by gathering your data through tracking cookies to sell it to other parties. Please exercise care if you want to install one of these services. After all, some VPNs do not encrypt your data, and other VPN applications have been discovered to contain malware.
We suggest that you skip all of this bother and instead pay a small fee for a dependable, secure connection.
The methodology used to determine the best VPN for Kuwait was as follows:
Kuwait’s government maintains a tight grip on the internet, making even basic surfing difficult for overseas tourists. On the bright side, the correct VPN can protect you and assist you in regaining access to your regular services throughout your stay. The following are the important characteristics we considered while selecting the best VPN for Kuwait:
- Speed: Regardless of what you want to do, a sluggish connection may create issues. Fortunately, we do regular VPN performance testing, which enables us to determine which providers are the quickest and most trustworthy at any particular moment.
- Unblocking and cloaking capabilities: Whether you’re wanting to watch Hulu or just remain connected to services that aren’t generally accessible in Kuwait, you’ll need a service that has powerful unblocking and cloaking capabilities.
- Security and privacy: To keep your activities safe from prying eyes, we need our best VPN to use 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak prevention, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy. Naturally, more sophisticated features are a significant plus.
- Usability: We searched the market for the best user-friendly VPNs. As such, our preferred providers must have applications for a variety of devices, live chat assistance, and a quick-connection button. We especially like those that use streaming-optimized servers and do not have a connection cap.
- Cost-effectiveness: We will never propose a VPN that is overpriced. Additionally, we make every effort to offer information regarding specials, discounts, and money-back guarantees to help you spend the least amount possible.
VPNs in Kuwait: FAQs
Why should I use a virtual private network (VPN) in Kuwait?
Kuwait’s government has a history of enforcing control over internet activities. Existing laws enable it, among other things, to refuse people access to the internet and ban content. These rules have long been accused of stifling free speech by imposing fines and jail penalties for crimes such as criticizing the emir in an internet forum, insulting religion or religious leaders, criticizing the country’s judicial system, or endangering relations with foreign governments.
Kuwait’s restrictive content rules were enacted in 2014, during a period of increased prosecutions of opposition activists and other government opponents. As predicted, this tendency was maintained after the passage of the bill. One famous example is Waleed Fares, a Kuwaiti activist who was sentenced to 10 years in jail for posting offensive remarks on Twitter.
While the internet is blocked in Kuwait, VPN usage is permitted. Having said that, it’s important to remember that you remain accountable for any crimes committed while connected.
Is it possible to access my typical streaming services in Kuwait?
Apart from circumventing internet restrictions, another main reason residents and tourists to the nation may want a VPN is to access ordinary services like streaming and online banking from overseas.
For instance, Kuwaitis have access to Netflix, but the catalog is restricted. Due to licensing constraints, Netflix provides a distinct library based on the nation in which you are located. Even if you sign up in another country, Netflix will recognize your location and automatically redirect you to the Kuwait library when you use the Netflix website or app from Kuwait.
To regain access to your normal content, you must connect to a VPN server located in your country of origin. Thus, to access the most popular Netflix library in the United States, you must connect to a US server; to access Netflix UK, you must link to a UK server. Similarly, you may safely access other popular streaming sites, such as Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and HBO, among others.
Is internet banking available in Kuwait?
While many worldwide services will not ban access from Kuwait, attempting to log in using a Kuwait IP address may raise red flags and result in your account being locked out. This is an undesirable situation to be in when traveling and one that you would like to avoid.
Fortunately, the answer is as easy as connecting to a VPN server in your home country and utilizing your new IP address to access your online bank account. In this manner, your bank’s alarm system will not be activated, and you will not have restricted access to cash.
Even if you intend to utilize a VPN, you should notify your bank that you will be traveling to avoid problems with card usage or other forms of transactions while overseas.