Numerous individuals use VPNs to gain access to region-restricted websites and services. However, you may want to connect to a server in a certain city. This is advantageous if the content is geo-restricted or if you reside nearby and want the protection of a VPN without sacrificing surfing speed.
By connecting to a server in London through a VPN, you may get a London IP address (or UK IP address). This implies that when traveling overseas, you’ll be able to fake your location and access geo-restricted content. Regrettably, not all VPNs allow you to choose a particular city. That is why we have mentioned the top VPN for London that will enable you to do this.
There is much more to consider than a VPN’s presence in London. To start, you may need to have unrestricted streaming speeds. As a result, we created a list of critical characteristics that any VPN must include to qualify as the best VPN for London:
- Servers located in hundreds of locations around the world, including London, the United Kingdom.
- For streaming, lightning-fast servers and an infinite amount of bandwidth are required.
- Secure your data with advanced encryption.
- Customer service is available through live chat and email.
- Strict no-logs policy to safeguard your privacy.
- User-friendly desktop and mobile applications.
Best VPN for London
NordVPN has a network of well over 400 servers in London. Indeed, it operates thousands of servers in several countries. This makes it a great option to unblock geo-restrictioned content such as Netflix UK and BBC iPlayer. When you combine NordVPN’s network with its lightning-fast server speeds, you get the perfect streaming conditions. Even better, this subscription includes unlimited bandwidth, so you won’t experience latency when watching.
Additionally, while using NordVPN, you have the option to connect to specialized servers. This may be to enable you to torrent (through P2P servers) or just to improve your security (on Double VPN or Onion Over VPN servers). If you have any questions, you may contact us via live chat or email 24 hours a day. NordVPN adheres to a strong no-logs policy, ensuring that all of your sensitive information is kept secure. Additionally, you can anticipate 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS and IPv6 leak prevention.
NordVPN is available through the following operating systems’ apps: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and Android TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are available. To utilize NordVPN with supported routers, a manual installation is required.
How to use a virtual private network (VPN) in London
If this is your first time connecting to a VPN, you may be uncertain how to proceed. To assist you, we’ve included some detailed instructions below.
- To begin with, you’ll need to sign up for a VPN service with London-based servers. We suggest NordVPN in particular.
- Download and install the appropriate app for your device. The VPN mentioned earlier also provides browser add-ons.
- Log into the VPN application. You should be able to locate servers organized by country. Before connecting to a London-based server, do a search for the United Kingdom.
- You now have an IP address in the United Kingdom and London. This enables you to see information that is exclusive to that area.
- Are you still unable to unblock a certain website or service? It is possible that you may need to delete your cookies or connect to a different server. Otherwise, contact the support team for your VPN.
Best VPN for London: FAQs
Why do I need a VPN in London?
The majority of UK-based region-locked content may be unlocked simply by obtaining a UK IP address. This implies that you may connect to a server located in any location in the United Kingdom, including London, Manchester, and Glasgow. For instance, streaming services such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, and Netflix UK do not need a London IP address. However, some websites and services may need a local London IP address to be accessed.
If you’re in London and want the security of a VPN without compromising speed, the answer is to connect to the closest available server. In terms of security, many individuals use VPNs to safeguard their privacy and allow them to surf anonymously. The UK is a member of the Five Eyes organization and conducts significant monitoring, while ISPs may be compelled to record and store browsing data for up to a year. By connecting to a VPN in London (or indeed, any place), you can ensure that your data is encrypted and thus unhackable.
Is it possible to use a free VPN in London?
You can find free VPNs that connect to London servers. There are a few reasons, though, why you should avoid them. The majority of free VPNs have a limited server network. When a large number of users are merged, the result is sluggish speeds. This is especially troublesome while streaming, as you may notice significant latency and buffering. Additionally, it’s worth mentioning that many free VPNs are unable to unblock BBC iPlayer and Netflix UK.
A VPN should secure your data and safeguard you from data breaches. Regrettably, some free VPNs fall short of this. Worse still, some free VPNs record your activity and then sell it to other parties. In comparison, the top VPNs for the United Kingdom use advanced encryption and adhere to stringent no-logs rules. This implies that they should be able to give no data at all, even if asked. As such, you may use them to surf the web anonymously without fear of your identity being compromised.