While in Turkmenistan, you may unblock online content and surf the internet freely by utilizing a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Additionally, your internet traffic is encrypted, which protects it from hackers and snoopers (such as the government). Additionally, the best VPN for Turkmenistan has strong no-logs rules. With such security measures in place, you’ll always be able to browse and watch anonymously.
No matter where you are, you may come across websites and services that are region-locked owing to copyright restrictions. On the other hand, Turkmenistan is a harsh, authoritarian regime. As a result, internet users throughout the nation face severe online restrictions. The state-run internet service provider (ISP) bans independent news outlets and social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. State monitoring is extensive, which implies that there is little to no privacy or anonymity.
It may take a long time to search the internet for a reliable VPN provider for Turkmenistan. We’ve done the legwork for you by suggesting just the highest-quality service that meets the most critical requirements for anybody in Turkmenistan. The VPN we mentioned has the following features:
- Servers are located worldwide.
- Rapid accelerations.
- Advanced encryption.
- Policy for non-logging.
- Customer service that is helpful.
- Allows for several concurrent connections.
We will discuss these requirements in more detail below, along with our VPN testing process.
Best VPN for Turkmenistan
NordVPN is our top recommendation for Turkmenistan. Its network is comprised of thousands of servers located in nearly a dozen countries. You’ll be able to access a broad variety of content through this VPN, whether it’s a streaming service like Netflix or a social networking site like Facebook. NordVPN offers fast servers (an average download speed of 115 Mbps for testing) and limitless bandwidth for worry-free surfing, streaming, and torrenting.
When you use the NordVPN applications, you’ll come across Double VPN and Onion Over VPN servers, which provide an additional layer of encryption to your connection, protecting you from government monitoring. Indeed, with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak prevention, and a kill button, there is no lack of security features. NordVPN servers have been operating on diskless RAM servers since September 2020. As a result, no data is locally saved. Additionally, NordVPN adheres to a rigorous no-log policy. Additionally, there is 24-hour assistance and the ability to connect to multiple devices simultaneously.
A NordVPN membership gives you access to NordVPN’s mobile applications for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Android TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are available for download. This VPN also works with some routers, but manual configuration is needed.
How to use a virtual private network (VPN) in Turkmenistan
Is this your first time using a VPN? The VPN mentioned in this article is user-friendly and provides live chat and email assistance. Below you’ll find a brief step-by-step tutorial to help you get started.
- Join the VPN mentioned in this article. We suggest NordVPN in particular for usage in Turkmenistan.
- Download and install the VPN application that is most suitable for your surfing device. The VPN mentioned above supports multiple concurrent connections.
- Connect to the server using the VPN app. For anonymous surfing, you’ll be given a new IP address.
- Navigate to a website or service that is geo-restricted. It should now be accessible to visitors from Turkmenistan.
- What if it didn’t work? You may need to delete your browser’s cookies and refresh it. Another possible solution is to connect to a different server. Otherwise, you should contact your VPN customer service, as they may be able to assist you further.
Methodology for selecting the best Turkmenistan VPN
While there are many VPN services available, the majority are not worth your time or money. After all, some provide inadequate unblocking capabilities, while others lack security. We compiled our list of top Turkmenistan VPNs by searching for those that provide the following:
- Numerous locations: VPNs have servers in dozens of countries globally, allowing you to access a wide variety of content while traveling.
- Servers located near Turkmenistan: While few VPNs opt to operate servers in Turkmenistan, having a server nearby helps enhance performance.
- Rapid transmission: High-quality streaming requires rapid transmission and a limitless amount of bandwidth. We conduct comprehensive speed testing in order to identify the fastest VPN.
- Strong security features: Encrypt your data to keep you safe online. Additional points for features such as kill switches.
- Policies that prioritize privacy: A no-logs policy that safeguards your privacy and guarantees your activity remains anonymous. As part of our study, we reviewed over 100 VPN logging rules.
- Customer support that is helpful: Customer service that is accessible through live chat and email so that you may get assistance immediately if you run into problems.
- Covers numerous devices: Enables several concurrent connections to safeguard any device you possess.
Best VPN for Turkmenistan: FAQs
Why am I required to have a VPN in Turkmenistan?
According to Freedom House’s Freedom in the World 2020 report, Turkmenistan is “not free,” earning a score of only 2/100. (with 100 being the highest possible score). It is described as a “repressive, authoritarian state” and operates by a state-run internet service provider named Turkmentelecom. This prevents access to a wide variety of websites, including independent news outlets and social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Indeed, some VPNs are banned.
Turkmenistan maintains a high level of governmental surveillance, with officials allegedly listening in on VoIP conversations, remotely operating cameras, and recording keystrokes. Critics of the government risk intimidation and incarceration. This is why you should use a VPN in Turkmenistan. The best VPN for Turkmenistan protects your data, preventing the authorities from monitoring your online activity.
Is it possible to use a free VPN in Turkmenistan?
No, free VPNs are mostly ineffective in Turkmenistan. To begin with, they are woefully inadequate in unblocking content. This is because their tiny server networks support a finite number of IP addresses, the majority of which are banned by state-owned ISPs. Bear in mind that many free VPNs are overcrowded and may implement bandwidth limiting. This results in sluggish speeds, further complicating streaming and torrenting.
However, poor performance is not the only reason free VPNs are problematic in Turkmenistan. Due to their lack of protection, you are unlikely to browse anonymously. This is particularly hazardous in countries like Turkmenistan, where internet users risk jail time for criticizing the government. Bear in mind that some VPN providers track and sell your information. This makes browsing anonymously while using a free VPN almost impossible.
Is it legal to use a VPN in Turkmenistan?
While it is unclear if VPNs are banned in Turkmenistan, we do know that the government has aggressively blocked certain VPN providers. Indeed, Turkmenistan has just one state-owned ISP. If you do decide to use a VPN in Turkmenistan, it’s prudent to exercise care.