Windows 11 is now available for download, and the free update is now being sent out to eligible devices. New features include snap layouts (which allow you to arrange numerous windows on the screen in various layouts) and the ability to download Android applications. Certain functions of Windows 11 require a Microsoft account, which may result in some data harvesting. Windows is not the most privacy-friendly operating system available, which emphasizes the need to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
A VPN enables you to enjoy Windows 11 while ensuring your privacy is protected. This is accomplished by the encryption of all of your internet traffic. When you connect to a VPN server, a new, temporary IP address is assigned to you. This creates the illusion that you’re browsing from a different place. Not only does this enable anonymous browsing, but it also enables you to access geo-restricted or even government-censored information.
Numerous VPN providers provide Windows clients. However, we discovered the best VPN for Windows 11 by evaluating those that met the following criteria:
- Rapid server response times and limitless bandwidth.
- Servers located across hundreds of countries.
- Encryption provides a high degree of security.
- Provides privacy protection with a stringent no-log policy.
- Support through live chat and email (ideally 24 hours a day).
- At least 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
Best VPN for Windows 11
NordVPN is our top suggestion for Windows 11 compatibility. It provides simple-to-use applications for a range of operating systems, including Windows. With over 5,000 servers spread across several countries, there is no lack of possibilities for unblocking geo-restricted websites and services. This is one of the fastest VPNs we’ve tried, and it’s ideal for streaming and torrenting. Notably, it works very well with Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
With NordVPN, you’ll get a slew of options, like split tunneling, which allows you to secure certain applications and URLs. Full security is provided by AES 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak prevention, and a kill switch. It has even been independently audited to establish that no records are being kept. Do you need assistance in configuring or utilizing your Windows application? You may always contact NordVPN’s 24/7 customer service via live chat or email.
Apart from Windows, NordVPN supports the following operating systems: Android, Mac, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. There are browser extensions available for Chrome and Firefox. While wireless routers are also compatible, manual setup is necessary.
How to configure a VPN connection in Windows 11
Using a VPN with Windows 11 is quite similar to earlier Windows versions. Indeed, registration and setup should take no more than a few minutes.
The following sections describe how to utilize a VPN with Windows 11:
- To begin with, locate a VPN service that provides a Windows client (most VPNs do). We suggest NordVPN in particular.
- Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be able to download the VPN’s Windows client. The VPN we mentioned supports multiple concurrent connections.
- Connect to a server by logging into the VPN app. Your internet traffic is now encrypted, and you’ve been assigned a temporary IP address.
- On Windows 11, you may now browse and stream securely. If you’re having trouble viewing geo-restricted content, try deleting the cookies from your browser.
- Are you still experiencing difficulty? Customer support for your VPN provider may be able to assist you further.
How we discovered the best VPN for Windows 11
The majority of VPN providers provide desktop and mobile applications (such as Windows). However, not all are compatible with Windows 11. As such, we began our search for the best VPN for Windows 11 with this. To further restrict the field of possibilities, we checked for the following:
- Servers located across the world: A good VPN should include servers in dozens of countries, allowing you to access a diverse choice of content regardless of your geographic location. This should cover nations such as the United States and the United Kingdom for the purpose of accessing popular streaming services.
- Speed: We emphasize VPNs with high server speeds since this enables them to be used for purposes other than simple surfing. Using VPN connections at a high speed is ideal for streaming and torrenting. Additionally, it is critical that each VPN provides limitless bandwidth to ensure that you will not encounter any constraints.
- Unblocking: While certain websites and services are quite simple to unblock, others deliberately prohibit shared VPN IP addresses. Despite this, the best VPN for Windows 11 is continually on the lookout for methods to circumvent this restriction. As a result, you should be able to access services such as BBC iPlayer.
- Security: Windows is susceptible to security attacks. You may have been afflicted by viruses, for example. A VPN adds another degree of protection by encrypting your data and protecting you from leaks. Certain VPNs provide additional features such as ad blocking and dual VPN servers.
- Privacy: Windows is not very considerate about user privacy. A VPN may assist if you’d prefer that your ISP not view or share your browsing data with other parties. After examining over 100 VPN logging policies, we’ve determined which VPN allow for anonymous browsing (and which do not).
- Ease of use: The VPN discussed in this article are simple to use since they provide user-friendly Windows applications (and various other operating systems). Additionally, each offers 24/7 help through live chat and email for fast and simple remedies to concerns.
- Value for money: Even if a VPN provides all of the aforementioned capabilities, it should nevertheless provide reasonably priced, value-for-money subscriptions. You should be able to pick between long-term and short-term subscriptions, and you may save even more with our VPN discount codes.
Best VPN for Windows 11: FAQs
Why do I need a VPN while using Windows 11?
It is critical to utilize a VPN with Windows 11 to ensure safe browsing. Windows is susceptible to security threats, including malware, phishing scams, and viruses. By using a VPN, you can ensure that your data is secure and cannot be accessed. This is especially critical, since Microsoft is not exactly recognized for its privacy-friendly practices. Encrypting and protecting your data with a strict no-log policy enables you to remain anonymous online.
Is it possible to utilize a free VPN with Windows 11?
While a free VPN is compatible with Windows 11, we do not suggest it. To begin with, free VPNs often have a restricted number of servers, making it difficult to unblock content from certain regions. Additionally, speeds are often poor owing to bandwidth limitations, making them unsuitable for streaming. Finally, free VPNs may not encrypt your data correctly, and some may store records of your surfing activity, selling the information to other parties.
How do I configure a VPN connection in Windows 11?
It’s as easy as signing up for a VPN service, downloading the VPN’s Windows program, and installing it on your Windows device. After that, you may log in and connect to a server in your desired location. Once connected, all internet traffic is encrypted, and you also have access to geo-restricted and government-censored websites and services.
Is NordVPN Windows 11 compatible?
Yes, NordVPN is compatible with Windows 11 (32-bit and 64-bit) (and all versions going back to Windows 7). Its Windows software makes securing your Windows surfing experience simple and fast. Apart from Windows, NordVPN supports the following operating systems: Android, Mac, iOS, and Linux. Even better, you can use a single NordVPN account to connect to multiple devices concurrently.
Is Windows 11 included with a free VPN?
While Windows 11 has a built-in VPN capability, it is relatively restricted in comparison to the VPN discussed in this article. Additionally, it needs manual setting, making it less user-friendly. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > VPN to locate it.
What should I do if my Windows 11 VPN connection fails to connect?
Do not worry if your Windows 11 VPN is not functioning. To begin, reinstall the VPN program (while ensuring that you are not connected to another VPN). Disable your antivirus and firewall software one by one to ensure that they are not interfering with the VPN connection (you may need to add it as an exception before enabling them again). Finally, if you’re not using one of the VPNs mentioned, it’s possible that your VPN is incompatible with Windows 11.