Whether you’re in Zimbabwe or overseas, you’ll often come across websites that are not accessible from your region. Fortunately, this issue may be easily resolved by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Your internet traffic is likewise secured when you connect to a VPN server. This protects it from hackers and snoopers and enables anonymous browsing.
Certain internet content may even be banned in certain nations as a result of government censorship. While Zimbabwe has made progress in this area, there are still issues to be resolved; the government banned social media services in January 2019 in response to large demonstrations.
If you are unable to access content due to geo-blocking or restrictions, you may often still access it through a VPN. Additionally, you are given a temporary IP address that gives the appearance of surfing from a different place. As a result, you will be able to access geo-restricted content from both Zimbabwe and outside.
What factors contribute to knowing the best VPN for Zimbabwe? After all, there are hundreds of VPN services available nowadays. To limit the field of candidates, we searched for the best VPN that fulfilled all of the following criteria:
- Server network spanning hundreds of countries.
- For streaming, lightning-fast speeds and a limitless amount of bandwidth are required.
- Maintain the security of your data with a high degree of encryption.
- Strict no-logging policy safeguards your privacy.
- Allows you to connect to several devices concurrently.
- You may test it risk-free with a money-back guarantee.
Best VPN for Zimbabwe
NordVPN is our preferred option for usage in Zimbabwe. It provides an optimal combination of servers, speed, and security. You’ll have access to thousands of servers spread across several countries. Additionally, with lightning-fast server speeds and limitless bandwidth, you can stream and torrent as much as you want. Indeed, NordVPN is compatible with a wide variety of restricted websites and services, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and a variety of social media platforms, including Twitter.
With a NordVPN membership, you will receive 24/7 live chat and email assistance. Additionally, you may connect to several devices simultaneously. There are other specialty servers available, such as Double VPN servers. NordVPN released many additional security features in 2019 and 2020, including a password manager and its WireGuard-based protocol, NordLynx. This VPN adheres to a strict no-logs policy and employs 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and leak prevention for DNS and IPv6.
In Zimbabwe, connect to NordVPN using the applications for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Android TV. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are available. However, for usage with wireless routers, manual installation is required.
Our approach for finding the best VPN for Zimbabwe
Browsing from Zimbabwe has some difficulties. Apart from the fact that a large number of websites and services from other nations are geo-restricted, the government has previously banned social media. Additionally, there are worries about internet monitoring and the resulting loss of privacy for people. We consider all of this while determining the best VPN for Zimbabwe.
- Speed: Speed is a critical aspect to consider while choosing a VPN. This is because many individuals want to browse in addition to streaming and torrenting. We benchmark VPN speeds to identify the best VPN that offers unlimited bandwidth to ensure you’re never restricted.
- Network coverage: Any reputable VPN service will have servers in dozens of countries. This enables you to safely access a broad variety of geo-restricted websites (including popular streaming services!). Additionally, the more servers in a given area, the quicker the speeds may be expected in general.
- Servers in close proximity to Zimbabwe: The closer a server is to your actual location, the quicker your connection will likely be. While relatively few VPNs provide servers in Zimbabwe, the one mentioned above does. By connecting to these servers, you may more easily stream and torrent.
- Security: Regardless of your location, security may become a problem. This is especially true while utilizing public WiFi connections since data is more easily captured by hackers and snoopers. The best VPN for Zimbabwe utilizes encryption and includes a kill switch and DNS leak prevention.
- Privacy: In Zimbabwe, internet service providers are obliged to furnish the government with customer data. This increases the difficulty of browsing anonymously. Fortunately, by utilizing a VPN, even your ISP will be unable to monitor your internet activity. We evaluated each VPN’s logging policy in order to determine which ones provide the greatest protection.
- Ease of use: While having all of the aforementioned capabilities is desirable, they are worthless if the VPN is difficult to use. This is why we seek companies that provide user-friendly mobile applications and browser extensions. Additionally, it helps if they provide live chat and email assistance, especially if they are accessible 24 hours a day.
- Value for money: VPNs are available in a variety of pricing ranges. However, a more costly VPN does not always imply a better level of service. That is why it is critical for us to discover a VPN that provides all of the above while being reasonably priced. Indeed, our VPN coupon codes enable you to save even more!
While we check for all of the above in the VPN we suggest, this is just a portion of our process for VPN testing. We’re able to offer you the most accurate, up-to-date information by carefully evaluating every aspect of a VPN for ourselves. Hopefully, this has aided you in your decision-making process!
How to use a virtual private network (VPN) in Zimbabwe
Are you prepared to utilize a VPN in Zimbabwe? Within minutes, you may be signed up and connected to a server. Indeed, we’ve included detailed instructions to save you time.
- Join the best VPN for Zimbabwe now. We suggest NordVPN in particular for usage in Zimbabwe.
- The next step is to download and install the VPN application (or browser extension) that is suitable for your surfing device.
- Connect to a server in your chosen location by opening the VPN app. Your connection is likely to be quicker the closer the server is to Zimbabwe.
- You may now browse privately and securely. Additionally, you should be able to access geo-restricted websites and services.
- It is possible that you will need to clear your cookies for the changes to take effect. If you run into any difficulties, we recommend contacting your VPN support team for further help.
Best VPN for Zimbabwe: FAQs
Why am I required to use a VPN in Zimbabwe?
According to Freedom House’s Freedom on the Net 2020 report, internet usage in Zimbabwe is only “partially free.” The 46/100 score, however, was an improvement over the previous year, when the government banned social media in reaction to huge demonstrations (January 2019). This includes social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and WhatsApp. By using a VPN, you can guarantee that you can circumvent such restrictions in the future.
Zimbabwean internet users may face penalties for their online activity. This is usually reserved for critical internet comments (such as undermining the president of a nation) or online activism. The country is concerned about the state’s internet monitoring, especially of opposition party leaders. Additionally, ISPs in Zimbabwe are legally obliged to give authorities user information. A VPN encrypts your data, ensuring your anonymity.
Is it possible to use a free VPN in Zimbabwe?
While it is feasible to utilize a free VPN in Zimbabwe, doing so is mostly pointless. Free VPNs introduce a slew of complications. To begin, they usually provide servers in fewer countries, thus restricting the amount of content you may access. Indeed, free VPNs struggle with Netflix and other streaming services due to the restricted number of IP addresses available. Speeds are sluggish due to the high number of users on each server, resulting in lag and buffering when streaming.
With some of the worries about Zimbabwe’s restricted freedom of speech and the possibility for internet monitoring, free VPNs are especially hazardous. Many lack the security measures necessary to remain anonymous online (such as advanced encryption or a kill button). Additionally, some free VPNs keep logs of your activity and sell them to other parties. The top VPNs for Zimbabwe adhere to strong no-logs rules, ensuring that your privacy is always secured.
Are VPNs legal in Zimbabwe?
Fortunately, there are just a few countries where VPN usage is prohibited. Even better, VPNs are legal in Zimbabwe. Naturally, some internet behaviors (such as torrenting copyrighted content) remain unlawful regardless of whether a VPN is utilized.