Everyone is talking about Disney Plus these days, owing to the popularity of The Mandalorian. However, this service is currently only offered in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, the Netherlands, India, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, France, Austria, Spain, Italy, and Switzerland.
Regrettably, this means that if you go outside of the United States, you may be unable to view your favorite programs. Indeed, if you attempt it, you will very certainly see the following error: “Something went wrong. Kindly try once again. If the issue continues, please contact the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code: 83). ” The good news is that you can simply circumvent these limitations and watch Disney+ from anywhere with the correct VPN. Not all VPNs are compatible with Disney+.
How to unblock Disney+ in five simple steps from overseas
There is no need to fret; with the correct VPN, accessing region-locked services like Disney+ is straightforward. Simply follow the instructions below on how to access Disney+ from any location.
- To start, sign up for the VPN mentioned below (we particularly recommend NordVPN).
- Install and log in to the right app for your device.
- Connect to a compatible country’s server (Disney+ will initially be available in the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands).
- Sign up for Disney+ by visiting the Disney+ website. Please keep in mind that you’ll require a payment method associated with the address in the country where this service is currently accessible.
- Finally, try watching a Disney+ video. It should begin instantly, but if the following error message appears: “Something went wrong. Kindly try once again. If the issue continues, please contact the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code 83. “), erase your browser’s cookies, and then reload the page.
How else can a VPN help you?
Apart from unblocking Disney+, VPNs serve a plethora of additional purposes. For example, they enable you to:
- Bypass country-wide internet restrictions and gain access to region-locked services such as Netflix and Hulu when traveling.
- Utilize their strong encryption to browse the web discreetly.
- Avoid having your activity tracked back to you (assuming you have a no-log VPN).
- Reduce the risk of your Internet Service Provider limiting your bandwidth.
Best VPN for watching Disney+ from abroad
NordVPN has thousands of servers in several countries. Due to its fast speeds and above-average unblocking capabilities, this service is an obvious option for streaming. Indeed, it will get you access to key sites such as Netflix US, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer, in addition to Disney+. Additionally, it supports multiple simultaneous connections, allowing you to view them on any device you like.
This VPN takes your security extremely seriously. It protects your activity from prying eyes with 256-bit encryption, a customized kill switch, and protection against WebRTC, IPv6, and DNS leaks. Additionally, there is an integrated ad-blocker and malware scanner, as well as specifically configured servers for customers seeking added protection. NordVPN adheres to a strong no-logs policy, ensuring that your online activity cannot be traced back to you. Support is provided through live chat 24 hours a day.
NordVPN offers client software for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android. This service must be set up manually to work with home routers.
How to watch Disney+ from abroad: FAQs
Is it possible to use a free VPN with Disney+?
You could potentially do so, but we would not recommend it. Free VPNs are sometimes prohibited outright by big streaming providers, and their speeds are typically subpar due to their high user counts. This implies that you will very certainly encounter stuttering and choppy playback if you can view it at all.
Additionally, you should be aware of the security dangers associated with free VPNs. Recent investigations have shown that a large proportion of free VPNs include malware, and possibly more concerning, many do not encrypt the user’s communication at all. Even if they do, there is no assurance that your free VPN service will not sell your browsing data to advertisements. The easiest way to stay secure when streaming is to use a trustworthy, privacy-focused VPN.
Does Disney+ prohibit the use of VPNs?
Disney+ very certainly includes some type of VPN filtering. However, as seen above, a few VPNs still enable you to access the service from a foreign location. There’s also no need to worry about future access since our suggestions have historically found a solution within a few days whenever a big streaming provider changes its VPN-blocking capability.
Which countries offer Disney+?
Disney+ is now accessible in the following countries:
- The US
- The UK
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
The service is scheduled to begin in Belgium, Portugal, and the Nordic nations in the summer of 2020, followed by expansions across Eastern Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
Is it legal to use a VPN to watch Disney+?
VPNs are legal in the majority of nations. Additionally, their usage is not expressly prohibited in the Disney+ membership agreement. As a result, you shouldn’t have any trouble viewing Disney+ from overseas using a VPN. If in doubt, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the applicable regulations in your country before trying to use Disney+ from an unsupported location.
What is available on Disney+?
Disney+ is not limited to Disney films; it has a diverse selection of popular series and titles from a variety of other networks. Indeed, Disney themselves published a Twitter thread detailing roughly 300 films that were accessible at the introduction of Disney+ in the United States.
We’ve included a list of some of the platform’s most popular titles below. Even better, there are applications available for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Apple TV, PlayStation 4, and Xbox, allowing you to watch across several devices:
- Lady and the Tramp
- The Emperor’s New Groove
- The Simpsons
- The Mandalorian
- Captain Marvel
- The Muppets
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
How to purchase Disney+ in the United States without using a foreign payment method
While a VPN may be used to unblock the Disney+ website from overseas, you will not be able to see anything unless you join up. This requires that you have a payment method associated with an address in one of the countries where Disney+ has already debuted. However, some Disney fans have discovered methods to access Disney+ in countries such as the United Kingdom, where the service is supposed to be blocked.
Here are a few strategies we’ve seen folks use to unblock Disney+ while traveling:
Method 1: Using an Apple ID to unblock Disney+
Please keep in mind that this approach is only applicable if you own an iPad, iPhone, or Apple TV. On other devices, you can change your iTunes region, but you will be unable to download applications.
- Start by accessing the App Store.
- Following that, sign out of your account and go to the bottom of the page.
- Select United States by clicking on the flag symbol.
- Create a new Apple ID but leave the payment method blank.
- Purchase an iTunes gift card in digital format. Bear in mind that it must be loaded with US dollars; otherwise, this will not function. On Amazon.com, you may purchase American iTunes gift card codes directly. Due to the fact that the cheapest card available is $25 USD, you may want to consider purchasing a year of Disney+ access in advance (which costs $69.99).
- Once you’ve received your code through email, visit the Account Settings page to redeem it.
- Connect to a VPN server located in the United States of America, and download the Disney+ app from the Apple app store.
- Subscribe to Disney+ on the app and pay using your iTunes balance. You should now be able to use Disney+ without any issues from overseas.
Method 2: Using a Google account, unblock Disney+
This approach should work on any Android device that has Google Play Store access.
- To begin, establish a connection to one of your VPN’s US servers.
- Create a new account in the Google Play Store (but do not log in yet).
- Purchase a gift code for Google Play from a reliable merchant (these are available on Amazon.com). Bear in mind that the card must be pre-loaded with US dollars; other currencies will not be accepted.
- You will shortly receive an email with the gift code. You may then redeem the code by either clicking the link in the email (if you’re on your phone) or manually entering it into the Google Play Store. While you must provide a valid US ZIP code, Google does not verify that you reside in the United States.
- Now, go to the Settings menu on your smartphone and choose Accounts.
- Select Add Account, then Google, then enter the email address associated with the account you established in step 2.
- Return to the Google Play Store and log in using your newly created account.
- Locate and install the Disney+ application, then join up as usual. If an issue occurs during registration, forcibly close the app and then reopen it. You should then be able to continue.
- Finally, choose a payment method from your Google account balance. From now on, you should be able to stream Disney+ from overseas anytime you connect to a US VPN server.