Geo-restricted content is not prevalent, especially when streaming television episodes and movies. When you go overseas, you may lose access to some of your favorite New Zealand TV programs, for example. Fortunately, by connecting to a VPN, you can effortlessly unblock geo-restricted content from anywhere.
A VPN secures your internet traffic from prying eyes by encrypting it. By masking your genuine IP address, a VPN enables anonymous online browsing. Since all of your traffic is routed via a server in another country, you may also fake your location and access region-locked content from outside the nation. Continue reading to learn how to view New Zealand television from abroad and which New Zealand television content you may unblock.
How to use a VPN to access New Zealand TV from abroad
When you connect to a VPN server in New Zealand, your actual IP address is concealed and replaced with a New Zealand-based one. We’ll describe how this enables you to unlock geo-restricted TV programs and movies in the sections below. Not to worry, it’s fast and simple to do!
- To begin with, you’ll need to sign up for a VPN service that has servers in New Zealand. We suggest NordVPN in particular.
- Following that, download and install one of the VPN’s applications (or browser extensions), ensuring that the version is compatible with your device.
- Connect to a server in New Zealand by logging into the VPN app. This will provide you with a New Zealand IP address for viewing New Zealand TV from abroad.
- Clear the cache and cookies from your browser. This prevents websites from remembering your prior IP address or location.
- Navigate to the New Zealand television platform or streaming provider of your choice. The content should now be unlocked and available for viewing!
Selecting the best VPN for viewing New Zealand TV from abroad
So how did we choose the best VPN for streaming New Zealand television from abroad? After all, there are numerous VPNs available. We developed a selection of VPNs by identifying those that met the following criteria:
- Servers in New Zealand that are fast and dependable for streaming.
- Removes restrictions on major television channels and streaming services.
- Encrypt your data.
- Does not maintain any records that might be used to identify you.
- Customer help through live chat that is knowledgeable.
- Desktop and mobile applications that are easy to use.
The best VPN for New Zealand TV
NordVPN is our preferred method of viewing New Zealand television. It operates a network of thousands of high-speed servers worldwide, including roughly a third in New Zealand. Having many servers accessible helps minimize demand and increases the likelihood that you’ll get the best possible speeds. NordVPN works with TVNZ 1 and TVNZ 2 to unblock New Zealand television abroad. With unlimited bandwidth, you’re unlikely to experience latency or buffering when streaming in 1080p HD.
If you need help, NordVPN offers 24/7 live chat and email support. Additionally, you may use this VPN to connect to multiple devices simultaneously. NordVPN has a strong no-logs policy to safeguard your privacy. 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and protection against DNS and IPv6 leaks are included as security measures. Additionally, you may connect to one of NordVPN’s Double VPN servers, which adds a degree of protection.
To get started with NordVPN, just create an account and download one of the applications available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, or Android TV. Additionally, you may download Chrome and Firefox browser extensions.
FAQs about streaming New Zealand TV abroad
Is it possible to watch New Zealand TV from overseas using a free VPN?
Free VPNs may theoretically enable you to view New Zealand television stations from overseas. This is very improbable, considering very few companies provide servers in New Zealand. Additionally, with restricted networks and a large volume of users, you’re likely to have sluggish streaming rates and significant latency. Indeed, you may even discover that your bandwidth has been throttled. Additionally, it’s worth noting that cheap VPNs have difficulty unblocking streaming services like Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
However, it is not simply the paucity of servers and insufficient connections that make free VPNs unsuitable. Additionally, they lack security, often lacking vital features like encryption or a kill button. It’s critical to evaluate how a free VPN generates revenue. For instance, some may bombard you with obnoxious, unrelated advertisements. Certain free VPNs, on the other hand, record your activity and sell it to other parties. Needless to say, this is detrimental to those who cherish their privacy.
Which New Zealand TV stations can I watch for free online?
If you use a VPN to connect to a server in New Zealand, you may watch a variety of New Zealand television stations for free from abroad:
- TVNZ 1
- TVNZ 2
- Māori Television
What New Zealand content am I able to access with a VPN?
While traveling overseas, you’ll be able to continue viewing all of your favorite New Zealand television programs using a New Zealand IP address. Following are a few examples:
- Shortland Street (TVNZ 2)
- The Brokenwood Mysteries (Prime)
- Westside (Three)
- 800 Words (TVNZ 1)
- What Now (TVNZ 2)
- Newshub (Three)
- Country Calendar (TVNZ 1)
- The Bad Seed (TVNZ 1)
- The Crowd Goes Wild (Prime)
- Police Ten 7 (TVNZ 2)