Snapchat, which was founded in 2011 by Stanford students Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown, enables users to communicate photographs and videos to friends and family. This includes sending brief messages and setting a timer for how long the recipient may see them before they disappear.
Additionally, it has other beautiful elements, such as elegant dog ears, an exquisite flower crown, a puppy nose and tongue, adorable eye alterations, and full-face transformations.
Snapchat, on the other hand, is not for everyone. Some of you may choose to abstain.
Why should you permanently erase your Snapchat account?
Typically, individuals discontinue using the service by deleting the app from their devices. However, it is critical that you completely erase your account before departing. Because any information you provide on a social networking site might be used to breach your privacy, which is dangerous.
And it will take you no time at all to erase your Snapchat account, since it is rather simple to do so. Continue reading to get the entire guide.
If you use a Snapchat alternative or another sort of social media site, it is always prudent to avoid disclosing your birthday, phone number, address, and other sensitive information.
To add a degree of protection, you’d be wise to conceal your IP address and encrypt your traffic data using a virtual private network. Using a VPN is also beneficial in other ways, since it unblocks websites and prevents internet monitoring.
However, you should choose a trusted VPN provider. To preserve your security and privacy when using different social networking networks, we highly suggest that you install NordVPN on your device. It is the best VPN for protecting you from hackers, snoopers, and terrorists, among others.
How can I deactivate my Snapchat account?
As previously stated, canceling a Snapchat account is a simple process that can be completed in a matter of minutes. However, the disadvantage is that you may not be able to remove your Snapchat account only via the Accounts Portal. That is, there is no delete option inside the Snapchat program that allows you to completely remove your Snapchat account.
To remove your Snapchat account, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Snapchat Accounts Portal.
- Navigate to www.Snapchat.com.
- At the bottom of the page, scroll down to the “Community” area.
- Select “Support.”
- On the left side of the page, you’ll see a variety of alternatives.
- “My Account & Security” should be selected.
- “Account information” will appear.
- “Delete my account” will appear.
- Then, it will direct you to the website to delete my account.
- To access the Accounts Portal, tap “accounts portal.”
- Open the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device.
- To log in, enter your Snapchat username and password.
- At the top-left corner, click on your avatar.
- To access the settings, click the gear symbol in the top-right corner.
- Select “Help Center.”
- To begin with, go to My Account & Security->Account details.
- Delete my profile.
- Click “Account Portal” on the Remove My Account page.
Alternatively, you may go straight to https://support.snapchat.com/delete-account.
- Enter your Snapchat username and password.
- Select “LOG IN”.
- “DELETE MY ACCOUNT” should be selected.
- If you’ve decided to quit Snapchat, re-enter your Snapchat username and password to proceed.
- “DELETE ACCOUNT” should be selected.
- Your Snapchat account has been disabled and will be completely erased in 30 days.
What happens if your Snapchat account is deleted?
Take a peek at what Snapchat predicts will happen.
Once you remove your account, it will first be disabled for 30 days. Your friend will be unable to connect with you via Snapchat while your account is disabled. Your account will be permanently terminated after 30 days. This implies that your account, settings, friends, Snaps, Chats, Stories, device data, and location data will be erased from our primary user database.
You cannot quickly erase your Snapchat account. Snapchat gives you the option of reactivating your account. To reactivate your Snapchat account after it has been deactivated, simply reinstall Snapchat on your smartphone and log into your account. When a pop-up box prompts you to reactivate your account, selecting “yes” returns you to Snapchat.
This concludes our discussion on how to permanently erase your Snapchat account. Additionally, you may choose to deactivate additional social media accounts for whatever reason. We also provide instructions for permanently deactivating other social networking accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Telegram.
To increase your security when using social media networks, you should make full use of a reputable VPN provider. NordVPN should be your first option.