In this article, we’ll demonstrate how to use NordVPN to unblock Viber.
Certain nations have special restrictions and regulations regarding their residents’ use of various applications and software. Not because these applications are potentially dangerous to consumers or detrimental to the nation; rather, some governments prefer their people to use the localized versions of these apps to ensure adequate surveillance and internet control.
Viber is one of several applications available that are regulated by governments in various countries.
What is Viber?
Viber is a completely free mobile messaging service that enables users to make free phone calls and text messages to other Viber users. In 2010, Tel Aviv launched this texting app in Israel. This software allows users to make virtual calls and, for an additional price, to dial actual numbers.
This free mobile software that allows direct texting and VoIP is built in such a manner that it is compatible with and functional on a variety of mobile operating systems. Users of Viber are not limited to texting and phone conversations; they can also send audio files, files, photos, and videos to their loved ones using this platform, which can be installed in a matter of seconds.
Certain states have enacted legislation prohibiting the use of Viber for a variety of reasons. If you live in specific nations, such as:
- The UAE and Qatar
- The Gambia
- Saudi Arabia
- And of course, China.
Bear in mind that some countries have imposed a Viber limitation. In some of these nations, the prohibition is temporary, while in others it is permanent. Russia and South Korea have also threatened to ban Viber in the past if the software is not altered.
One key reason for the prohibition on Viber usage in these places is that Viber uses end-to-end encryption, which means that a third party cannot access data such as images, messages, files, or videos until they reach the intended recipient.
Without a doubt, most governments despise what they cannot control, and this is for the country’s security. Another compelling reason is to promote their indigenously developed service comparable to Viber; an outstanding example of this is WeChat.
How can you use Viber in a country that prohibits its usage?
If you live in one of the countries mentioned above or are a Viber user visiting those countries, there are particular methods for unblocking Viber on your smartphone. One common and suggested method is to utilize a VPN, or Virtual Private Network.
What a VPN does is mask your IP address or location, allowing you to easily cross any country’s government firewall. Additionally, it encrypts your internet connection and all information transmitted and received; as a result, no government or its agency can monitor or even use your actions against you.
There are several VPN services available today that offer to safeguard your online presence and provide you with protection. However, some do not live up to their promises, which is why we suggest NordVPN.
With NordVPN, you can be certain to unblock and have full access to Viber regardless of your location. You may take advantage of many locations with high-speed connections, the ability to swap between servers, outstanding technical support, and, most importantly, an inexpensive charge.
This leads us to the subject of how to use NordVPN to unblock Viber.
How to use NordVPN to unblock Viber?
The technique for unblocking Viber using NordVPN is as easy as you might think. The advantage of this VPN is that it can be installed on a variety of platforms, including Android, Windows, iPhone, and even MacOS.
To get started, follow this procedure:
- Visit the NordVPN website; you can either pay or take advantage of the free trial to see what it’s all about.
- Create an account on the website.
- To choose a right payment plan that is right for you, go to “pricing” or “NordVPN website” on the website. You may choose to make monthly or annual payments. Unsatisfied consumers may seek a refund 30 days after purchase and use it when an annual fee is paid. With this paid version, you’ll have access to premium features such as unlimited use, no pop-up advertising, support for whatever device you choose to install it on, 24/7 general technical support, and a quicker connection with no logs.
- Following payment, you may choose the device on which you’d want to download and install your VPN. You should also be aware that Viber is compatible with a wide variety of devices and operating systems; installation may be performed on a mobile device, a computer, or a tablet.
- Ascertain that the device on which you are downloading and installing your VPN is identical to the device on which you are running Viber.
- Connect to a location or nation on NordVPN that is not banned from using Viber.
- While connected to NordVPN, go to https://www.viber.com/ (or https://www.viber.com/download/ if using a PC or laptop version) and click on ‘download’ or https://www.viber.com/download/ to download the program.
- On mobile, ensure that you are connected to NordVPN’s mobile version, which is also available through the Google Play store. To open the app, search for “Viber” in the Google Play Store’s search box. After that, install.
- Sign up for Viber while still connected to the VPN and enjoy.
While we encourage you to use a VPN to circumvent government restrictions on Viber, it is still prudent to familiarize yourself with your local laws and regulations since VPN usage is forbidden in certain countries.