If you’re a fan of indie movies, you’re probably already a subscriber to Fandor. The issue is that this service is presently only accessible to viewers in the United States and Canada. This implies that if you leave North America, you will be unable to access the content for which you have paid. Regional blocking, on the other hand, may be circumvented by connecting to a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Your network traffic is encrypted when you use a VPN. Only your computer and your VPN provider have access to the decryption key, which means that hackers and even your internet service provider cannot track your online activities. Because you may route your traffic via a server in another nation, it is possible to fool service VPN providers into thinking you are physically situated in another country.
Best VPN for watching Fandor from abroad
With hundreds of VPN companies providing servers suited for a variety of reasons, determining which is the best fit for your requirements may be tough. To identify the best VPN for watching Fandor from abroad, we searched for the following features:
- Numerous American high-speed servers.
- Connections that are secure.
- Encryption that is strong and extra security features.
- There is no logging, or at the very least, no record of personally identifying information.
NordVPN boasts over 1,700 servers in the United States, each of which is designed for streaming HD video. This service can unblock a wide variety of services, including Hulu, Netflix, and the BBC iPlayer. Additionally, it supports multiple simultaneous connections, allowing you to safeguard all of your devices and stream from anywhere you like.
This VPN is suitable for inexperienced users due to its anti-malware and ad-blocking capabilities. Nonetheless, it offers lots of details for advanced users, including a highly adjustable kill switch and Tor over VPN support. Your communication is encrypted using 256-bit AES, and by default, DNS leak prevention is enabled. Best of all, NordVPN adheres to a strict no-logs policy, having no browsing or session data.
There are applications available for Windows, Android, Mac OS X, and iOS. Manual installation of the VPN is possible on Linux-based workstations and some network routers.
Is it possible to utilize a free VPN with Fandor?
While you may be tempted to use a free VPN to access Fandor from overseas, we strongly advise against it for a variety of reasons. To begin with, free VPNs often have a higher user base and fewer servers. As a result, connections become sluggish and video playback becomes choppy. Certain free VPNs even impose bandwidth limitations or delays to keep up with customer demand, resulting in a considerably less satisfactory overall experience.
Every company, even free VPNs, must earn a profit. They may do this by placing advertisements on the sites you view, recording your activity through tracking cookies (thus decreasing your privacy) and selling your browsing habits to third parties without your knowledge. While using a free VPN is free in the short term, you often pay for your personal data.
Additionally, these services may come with major dangers. Recently, it was discovered that many free VPNs include spyware, gather more data than necessary, deceive their customers about the records they store, and sell their users’ bandwidth to botnets. To make your information as secure as possible, we suggest using a well-established and respected VPN with privacy-focused logging practices.
Are you still having difficulty accessing Fandor?
As previously stated, Fandor is presently only accessible in the United States and Canada. While a VPN may help circumvent the site’s geographical restrictions, the site itself tracks your location upon your first visit. As such, if you visit Fandor before connecting to your VPN, you will receive a warning that reads “Streaming Rights Restricted.” Regrettably, we do not presently have the right to release films at your location due to licensing constraints. Fandor films are available for viewing only in places where we have distribution rights.”
This problem may be remedied by removing any fandor.com cookies that are saved locally. The procedure varies somewhat for each browser, but we’ll walk you through it for the three most common options below.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click the menu symbol (three dots).
- Navigate to Settings.
- At the bottom, select the Advanced tab.
- Select the Content settings option under Privacy and security.
- To view all cookies and site data, choose Cookies, then All cookies and site data.
- In the search field, type “Fandor” (without the quotations) and eliminate any listings that mention “Local storage”. Refresh Fandor’s website and everything should be ok.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click the menu symbol (three lines).
- Choose Options.
- On the left, click on the Privacy & Security option.
- Remove specific cookies from the History section.
- Enter “Fandor” (without the quotation marks) in the search box.
- Refresh the Fandor website by clicking the Remove All Shown button.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, click the settings (gear) button.
- Internet choices are available.
- Click Settings in the Browsing history section.
- To view the files, click the View files option.
- Enter “Fandor” (without the quotations) in the upper right-hand corner of the screen’s search bar.
- Delete any appearing entries and then refresh Fandor’s website.
Can I join Fandor from outside the United States and Canada?
Regrettably, Fandor employs increasingly stringent measures to prevent individuals from watching from other nations. When registering, you will be required to input your credit or debit card information. This is not a foolproof method, since some, such as MasterCard, are accessible in other countries.
However, Fandor also requests for the ZIP code associated with your card. Unless you have a friend or family member who resides in the United States or Canada and is willing to sign you up on your behalf, this essentially precludes international citizens from accessing Fandor’s content. You may request a notification from Fandor when their services become accessible in your area, although it is unclear if they will expand very soon.