If you’re reading this, you’ve most likely been banned from a Discord server or have been blacklisted from the site completely. While bans are sometimes justified, it is possible that you were unjustly targeted by a “badmin” or that a simple error was made. A Discord ban applies to your username as well as your IP address. You may regain access to a Discord server by registering a new login and using a VPN to change your IP address.
So, what is a virtual private network (VPN) and how does it work? A virtual private network (VPN) is a service that enables you to connect to a server located in another location. When you do this, your device’s internet traffic is sent via an encrypted tunnel, which protects it from attacks. However, it will also assign you a new IP address, giving you the appearance of being in a different location. Many users use this to circumvent regional limitations on content or even to circumvent prohibitions on platforms such as Discord.
How to unban a Discord server using a VPN
You may be amazed at how quickly and easily you can regain access to Discord. The whole procedure should take no more than a few minutes.
How to circumvent a Discord ban using a VPN:
- To begin with, create an account with a trustworthy VPN service. We suggest NordVPN in particular.
- Install the VPN application that is compatible with the device from which you intend to access Discord.
- Ensure that you completely erase Discord from your device, if you haven’t already. Navigate to Local Disc (C:) > Users > admin > AppData > Local on Windows. On a Mac, go to Applications, locate and drag Discord to the Trash before emptying your Trash.
- Restart your device and sign in to the VPN app before connecting to a server in your selected location (the closer the server is to your location, the quicker the connection will likely be).
- You may now restore and run Discord with your new IP address. After that, you’ll need to establish a new account. To avoid drawing suspicion, use a fresh email address and an entirely different login.
- That is all! You should now be able to re-join Discord. Please keep in mind that if you’re using the online version of Discord (rather than the app), you’ll need to erase your browser’s cookies for Discord and forget your prior IP address and location.
There are hundreds of VPNs available, many of which are compatible with Discord. However, we narrowed down the best VPN for Discord by verifying that it met the following criteria:
- Servers located across the globe.
- Rapid response times and limitless bandwidth.
- Encryption provides a high degree of security.
- Privacy is protected by a “no-logs” policy.
- Allows you to connect numerous devices simultaneously.
- Customer service is available through live chat and email.
The best VPN for unbanning yourself from Discord
NordVPN presently operates at over 5,000 locations across several countries. Having access to such a huge server network simplifies the process of obtaining a new IP address and regaining access to a Discord server. NordVPN’s adaptation of WireGuard (NordLynx) ensures lightning-fast speeds and unrestricted bandwidth. Apart from Discord, NordVPN is compatible with a wide variety of popular streaming services, including Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
This VPN has a slew of extras, including dedicated P2P and Onion Over VPN servers. After signing up, you’ll be able to encrypt up to six devices concurrently, and if you run into any problems, 24/7 live chat and email help will be available. NordVPN is a stringent no-log service that utilizes 256-bit AES encryption. Additionally, if you’re secured against DNS and IPv6 leaks, and a kill switch disables internet traffic in case of a VPN connection failure to avoid data exposure.
NordVPN has applications available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. Additionally, browser add-ons are available (Chrome and Firefox). To use NordVPN with your wireless network, you must set it up manually.
How we discovered the best VPN to regain access to a Discord server
Not every VPN will assist you in regaining access to a Discord server. As such, this was the primary criteria we used to evaluate each VPN we suggested. However, there are other more factors to consider while selecting a VPN. You may learn more about our process by reading the following:
- Servers worldwide: Discord is accessible in the majority of nations. Having access to a wide server network, on the other hand, ensures that you may locate a server near your actual location for speedier speeds. Additionally, this will enable you to access additional restricted content. The VPN mentioned provides access to thousands of servers in dozens of countries.
- Speed: With Discord, you’ll want to maintain a specific speed to enjoy uninterrupted video and audio conversations. To ensure that you do so, we conduct performance tests to identify the best VPN that also provides unlimited bandwidth. This enables you to use Discord and even stream 4K content from services such as Netflix.
- Unblocking: Apart from circumventing a Discord ban, you may also desire to access geo-restricted websites and services. Whether it’s a streaming service, a news website, or a social networking platform, the VPN mentioned below are consistently effective at unblocking such content. This makes them a good alternative if you travel internationally often.
- Security: To ensure the security of your Discord chat, you should utilize a VPN that supports 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak prevention. However, the VPNs mentioned above provides considerably more. If desired, you may take advantage of additional features such as ad blockers, dual VPN servers, or automatic wi-fi protection.
- Privacy: Believe it or not, certain VPNs track your web surfing activity. This information may be sold to other parties, therefore jeopardizing your identity. Any reputable VPN service should adhere to a no-logs policy. We examined 140 VPN logging policies to determine which ones enable you to keep your online anonymity. Take note that certain VPNs even accept Bitcoin payments.
- Ease of use: A VPN should make unbanning yourself from Discord as simple as possible. Indeed, you may anticipate beginner-friendly programs that enable rapid connections to a server. Customer help is provided in all circumstances. This is often available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, through live chat and email.
- Value for money: One of the finest features of the best VPN for unbanning from Discord servers is its affordability. You may select from our monthly or yearly services and save even more with our VPN coupon codes. Unlike other VPNs, the VPN we mentioned has a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
VPNs to circumvent Discord bans: FAQs
Can I use a free VPN to regain access to a Discord server after being banned?
The fact is that the majority of free VPNs have difficulty connecting to Discord. This is because they have a lower number of IP addresses but a larger number of users. As a result, numerous IP addresses are blacklisted, rendering them incapable of circumventing Discord restrictions. Additionally, it’s worth noting that free VPNs are notoriously sluggish. Many use bandwidth restrictions, which means that video conversations on Discord may be difficult (and when streaming Netflix etc.).
Additionally, free VPNs should be avoided owing to their lack of security. This exposes you to hackers and snoopers. We propose a VPN that employs military-grade encryption (256-bit AES) and has a kill switch. However, a VPN should preserve your privacy by not retaining any user-identifying information. Certain VPNs fall short in this regard. For example, in 2020, it was discovered that UFO VPN, a “zero log” provider, stored extensive records in plain text without password security.
Is it permissible to use a VPN to circumvent a Discord ban?
Yes, using a VPN with Discord is allowed, as does using one to circumvent a ban. It does, however, violate Discord’s Terms of Service. If you were previously banned from a single Discord server, using a VPN to circumvent the restriction may result in a complete Discord ban. However, if you follow the instructions outlined in this post’s “how to” section, you’re unlikely to run across any problems. Simply start a new account with a different email address and username (and of course use a VPN to get a new IP address).