Lost Ark is a popular free-to-play, massively multiplayer online action role-playing game (MMOARPG). Regrettably, the producers of the game, SmilegateRPG and Tripod Studios, have limited the game to three nations. This implies that you must use a Lost Ark VPN while on vacation to play it.
A VPN is an online privacy tool that encrypts your internet connection and routes your traffic to a distant server. You may get an IP address in a nation where Lost Ark is accessible (Japan, South Korea, and Russia) by connecting to a server located in that country.
The benefits of a VPN enable anybody to play Lost Ark from anywhere in the world. However, not all VPNs provide servers that are fast enough for an action-packed multiplayer game like Lost Ark. This implies that you must choose an appropriate VPN.
Later in this tutorial, we will discuss how we test and pick a VPN in more detail. The following are some of the factors our experts analyzed to determine the best VPN for Lost Ark:
- Superfast speeds are ideal for online multiplayer games such as Lost Ark.
- Servers in Japan, South Korea, and, ideally, Russia are required to play Lost Ark internationally.
- Windows applications for playing Lost Ark on desktop PCs and laptops.
- Excellent customer service and excellent value for money.
VPN for Lost Ark testing methodology
There are over a hundred consumer-facing VPNs on the market, all of which boast the fastest and most secure websites. This might make selecting a VPN perplexing since a large number of providers are completely worthless. We at PrivacyExplore are well aware of how simple it is to be duped, which is why we put prominent VPN companies to the test.
To learn more about how we evaluate and suggest VPNs for certain purposes, you can read our whole methodology guide. Below is a list of the critical qualities that we considered while suggesting a VPN for Lost Ark.
- Apps available on all platforms. To play Lost Ark online, you’ll need a reputable Windows VPN client. To be really value for money, a VPN should, however, support numerous simultaneous connections and provide applications or setup directions for mobile devices, tablets, laptops, desktops, firesticks, smart TVs, and routers.
- Encryption that is robust. A VPN is first and foremost a privacy service, and if you invest in one, it should have strong encryption to ensure your data privacy and security. We inspect the VPN protocol’s implementation of VPN encryption and only propose providers that safeguard your data at home and on public wi-fi.
- Servers located in Japan, South Korea, and Russia. If you’ve arrived at this website, you’re interested in playing Lost Ark. The only way to do so is to get an IP address in a country where login and play on Tripod Studio’s game servers are permitted. In this article, we propose only VPNs that offer fast servers in the locations where you need them.
- There are no logs. When you pay for a VPN, you want to be certain that it is reliable. PrivacyExplore verifies VPN privacy policies and recommends only providers that do not retain use records (and preferably no connection logs either)
- Excellent client service. The majority of VPNs are simple to set up and operate, and you should have no problems. Regardless, our suggestions include live chat and email support to guarantee that you can get assistance if an issue arises. This means that when you pay for a VPN, you can be certain that you will never be left in the dark.
- Numerous sophisticated features. A VPN is useful for a number of purposes, and the top VPNs provide a broader range of additional capabilities that assist with online operations such as torrenting. To maximize your adaptability, we seek for VPNs that are world-class and have as many sophisticated features as possible.
- Servers that integrate with well-known services. Numerous VPNs have been banned by services such as Netflix, iPlayer, Hulu, and Disney+ in recent years. When we evaluate VPNs, we run tests to see which services they support. This guarantees that your VPN is both helpful and cost effective.
How to use a VPN for Lost Ark
To play Lost Ark from another country, just follow the instructions below.
- Choose a VPN using the information in this article. We suggest NordVPN because of its speedy servers in Japan and South Korea, as well as its excellent Windows client.
- Subscribe to the VPN by visiting their website.
- Install the VPN client for Windows on your gaming PC or laptop.
- Connect to a VPN server in the country where you often play Lost Ark.
- Start Lost Ark and continue playing as if you were at home.
If you do not yet have a Lost Ark account, please read the section below for vital information.
Can I register to play Lost Ark from outside the United States?
If you do not already have a valid Lost Ark account, you will need to exercise caution while selecting a VPN service. Although Lost Ark is produced in South Korea, it is impossible to sign up for a South Korean account from outside the country without a VPN. This is because registration requires receiving an SMS message to a valid South Korean mobile phone number.
Connecting to a VPN server in Russia is the simplest method to create a completely new Lost Ark account from overseas. This is because the Russian version has fewer loops. Best of all, the Russian edition includes an English patch, which ensures that you may play the game without being constantly confused.
If you do not already have a Lost Ark account on which to play while on vacation, you will need to use the VPN recommended in this article that has servers in Russia. We prefer NordVPN because of its lightning-fast speed.
How to install and play the Russian version of Lost Ark from abroad:
- Connect to a Russian VPN server.
- Navigate to the Russian Lost Ark website using Chrome. Chrome is preferred since it has a built-in translation option that simplifies the process of joining up.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click Register Now.
- Following that, indicate that you are over the age of 13. If you are not 13 years old, you should not proceed. Sign up for Lost Ark.
- Enter an email address and a password on the next page. Additionally, you must check the box to acknowledge the End User License Agreement. This is made simpler if you utilize the top-left drop-down option to switch to your native language menu for Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Finally, click Proceed on the following page to accept the conditions and join using your email address.
- The page for The Lost Ark will now refresh. At this point, you may simplify things by using the Google Translate button in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser. Now, click Register Now and agree to the licensing agreement (you do not have to agree to receive news). The Lost Ark translated using Google.
- You will now see a popup congratulating you. To continue, click the red X button. Congratulations, Lost Ark.
- Now, you must download the My.Games. GameCenter from the My.Games website. As this is on a separate web page, we have given a link for your convenience. To begin the download, click the large yellow button. (To read the website, use Google Translate.) Download The Ark of the Covenant.
- At this point, it is critical to connect to your VPN. Therefore, verify that you are connecting to a Russian server and that your IP address is Russian.
- While signed into the Lost Ark website, install and activate the GamesCenter app (it should still be open in your browser).
- Install Lost Ark from the game catalog. Select Catalog and scroll down to the Lost Ark. Now click the yellow Install button to pick it up. The Yellow Button for the Lost Ark.
- The game is currently being downloaded. Due to the file’s size, it may take up to an hour to download. When it is complete, remember to maintain a VPN connection when installing, opening, and login into the game using the credentials you created during the sign up process.
- Now, click Play in the Game Center to begin the game.
- Finally, download the English patch (zip), unzip it, and launch the LaoTranslation application.
- Accept any prompts from the patcher to download an update. Now, choose the desired language from the list and apply it to the game. The patcher will now take care of the hard lifting!
- Finally, open GameCenter and click the Play button to begin your journey with Lost Ark!
When you’re through playing, shut down the game first, then the patcher, and then disconnect your VPN. If you wish to play the game in English, you must load the patcher before clicking Play in the GameCenter.
FAQs about the Lost Ark VPN
Is it possible to utilize a free VPN with Lost Ark?
No. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate any free VPNs with sufficiently fast servers in Japan, South Korea, or Russia. This implies that in order to play Lost Ark, you will need to pay for a VPN.
Additionally, we would like to remind you that the great majority of free VPNs have been shown to fabricate their degree of security, gather user data for the purpose of selling it to other parties, and include program flaws, leaks, and even viruses.
This makes using free VPNs incredibly dangerous, so please think hard before using a free tool meant to steal your data and spy on you without offering the critical security features that a genuine provider provides.
Can I play Lost Ark in Japan or South Korea?
If you already have a Lost Ark account in Japan or South Korea, you may simply log in from overseas using a VPN. However, you’ll need a genuine South Korean or Japanese phone number to register from abroad, which complicates matters if you’re traveling. As such, we propose that you register for the Russian version of Lost Ark, which is simple to do by following the instructions in this tutorial!