Are you experiencing difficulty watching Acorn TV from a foreign country? If you attempt to watch Acorn TV while traveling, you will run into geographical restrictions. Regrettably, it is only accessible to viewers in the United States and Canada. The simplest way to circumvent this and continue using your streaming services while traveling is to use a VPN.
It makes no difference whether you are enrolled in Acorn TV in the United States or Canada and are now attempting to watch content from another country. The policy is the same. If you attempt to visit the site from a country other than those listed above, you will be unable to register, and current customers will be unable to log in.
VPN, which stands for Virtual Private Network, encrypts all communication to and from your device and tunnels it via an intermediate server of your choice. It creates the illusion that you are accessing the internet from a place other than your current city or nation. Additionally, the program makes it very difficult for ISPs, hackers, and government spying organizations to track your online activity.
Subscribing to and utilizing a VPN is entirely legal. Millions of individuals across the globe use VPNs to access the internet without violating any restrictions.
How to use a VPN to unblock Acorn TV
Acorn TV is an excellent streaming service that is jam-packed with content that you will almost certainly want to watch. Are you seeing geographical limitations and error messages? Not to fear, a VPN will resolve these issues. Take a look at our step-by-step instructions below.
- Subscribe to the VPN service mentioned below; NordVPN is our top recommendation.
- Download VPN client software for each of your devices.
- Clear your device’s cookies and cache and restart it.
- Log into the VPN software and choose a server to get a US or Canadian IP address.
- Allow for the establishment of a connection—this is often signaled by a green light in your taskbar or at the top of your smartphone’s screen.
- Visit the Acorn TV website or download the Acorn TV app to access unrestricted content!
Which VPN service is best for unblocking Acorn TV?
We’ll walk you through a top VPN that works with Acorn TV in this section. It is rated according to the following criteria:
- Service reliability and speed.
- Numerous server sites in the United States.
- Standards of encryption that are robust.
- Capability of unblocking stuff that has been blocked.
- Android and iOS applications.
- Convenience of usage.
This adheres to a zero-log policy, which means that no information about user sessions, traffic, or timestamps is maintained.
The firm maintains a network of over 5,000 servers in several countries. There are around 2,000+ of these in the United States and Canada. Several servers are dedicated to video streaming. Nord is one of the few VPN providers that organizes servers geographically and according to their specializations.
The program circumvents Netflix’s VPN prohibition and allows users to access content on Hulu and BBC iPlayer.
Standards for encryption will not let you down. By default, the firm uses the 256-bit AES protocol in conjunction with 2,048-bit SSL keys. Additionally, DNS leak prevention is enabled.
Android and iOS applications are available, as well as desktop support for Windows and macOS.
Our process for finding the best Acorn TV VPN
The following summarizes our VPN evaluation criteria and how we chose the best VPN for Acorn TV:
- US and Canadian servers: Because Acorn TV is only available in the United States and Canada, you will need a server in one of these countries as well as a local IP address. We make sure that there are several servers available, as well as backups for peak times.
- Speed of connection: Streaming will be difficult with a sluggish VPN. We conduct speed testing to guarantee that only the quickest VPN is recommended.
- Security: VPNs should have security and privacy features aimed at ensuring user safety. AES encryption, a network kill switch, IP leak prevention, and a no-logs policy are just a few of the features we look for.
- Value for money: Value for money is determined by elements such as subscription fees, the length of the money-back guarantee, and the quality of customer service.
Is it necessary to utilize a free VPN to unlock Acorn TV?
Free VPNs are extremely prevalent, and they might sometimes seem to be an enticing alternative due to the absence of any payment information. However, hazards lurk. There is a distinct chance of insufficient encryption and subsequent data loss. Simultaneously, data limitations, bandwidth limits, and a very restricted number of servers will be implemented.
VPNs to evade
When you subscribe to a VPN service, you want to be certain that your privacy will be protected from prying ISPs and other organizations. Services that are unwilling to honor this agreement are best left alone. Here are two illustrations:
Hola is Israel-based. As opposed to most VPN services, Hola is designed to be a peer-to-peer service that leverages idle user bandwidth on connected devices. At one time, the corporation boasted a nearly 50 million-strong user base. Rather than capitalizing on it, the corporation opted to use this critical mass unethically to develop a big botnet and then launch Distributed Denial-of-Service attacks against other websites.
SuperVPN is another VPN that we advise against using. This service not only spams its subscribers with advertisements, but also tracks their surfing activities and IP addresses. Additionally, you will incur a speed drop of up to 25% while using SuperVPN.
FAQs about Acorn TV VPN
What devices are compatible with Acorn TV?
Acorn TV is available to stream on your PC, Mac, or smartphone. Additionally, Acorn TV is compatible with the following devices:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
These devices lack built-in support for VPN applications, which means there is no native software that would suffice. To configure it, we propose using a VPN on a virtual router. This is feasible because most PCs capable of connecting to wifi can also broadcast their own wifi signals—similar to how cell phones establish mobile wifi hotspots.
Additionally, if the firmware is enabled, you may configure a VPN on a physical router. DD-WRT is one such firmware, which is available for free and is compatible with a broad variety of router types. Here’s additional information about DD-WRT and the best VPN for it.
Which streaming service is best for you: BritBox or Acorn TV?
BritBox and Acorn TV are both popular streaming services, each with its own unique set of advantages. If you’re just interested in subscribing to one, we suggest that you peruse the available content and choose which one is most suited to your tastes. Acorn TV has been around longer than BritBox and costs $2 less each month, which is reason enough for some to choose it over the more expensive BritBox subscription.
How much does an Acorn television set cost?
Acorn TV subscriptions are available on a monthly or yearly basis. A monthly plan costs $5.99 with no obligations, while an annual plan costs $59.99 with no commitments. By paying for a complete year in advance, you just pay for ten months.
Is Acorn TV an Amazon Prime member?
While you may subscribe to Acorn TV through Amazon Prime, the two services provide distinct programming. To access the whole collection, you must subscribe to both Amazon Prime and Acorn TV.