If you’re not in the United States, whether you’re a resident or on vacation, you’re likely to get the following notification while attempting to access Disney Channel content:
“You appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories.”
Don’t be concerned! This just indicates that the content you are attempting to view is restricted by region. You should be able to stream DisneyNow from overseas if you are using a VPN (Virtual Private Network). Your internet data is encrypted and routed via one of the VPN’s servers (this should be a US-based server). Any website or service you visit will see your new IP address and grant you access.
How to stream DisneyNow when traveling overseas with a VPN
It’s worth mentioning that DisneyNow is only accessible via partnering television providers to Disney Channel members. Aside from using a VPN, you’ll need to be logged into your TV provider’s account to access the content. You may watch DisneyNow from outside the United States by following the instructions below.
- Choose a VPN provider with US-based servers—we suggest NordVPN for streaming DisneyNow from overseas.
- Download the VPN software required for your application. All reputable VPN providers provide desktop and mobile applications. Some even include browser add-ons.
- Clear your browser’s cookies to ensure that the DisneyNow website accepts your VPN’s IP address and location instead of your genuine IP address and location.
- Connect to a US server using your VPN program or browser extension.
- Select your chosen content from the DisneyNow website or app. It should now be unblocked. If not, try another server or contact customer service for your VPN.
While connecting to a VPN server and unblocking DisneyNow is pretty straightforward, selecting a VPN may take a bit more effort. We’ve tried to simplify this for you by limiting the alternatives. Each VPN must fulfill the following criteria to be considered:
- Fast servers located in the United States of America for streaming DisneyNow content.
- Secure features such as encryption and a kill switch.
- Customer service, especially through live chat, should be accessible 24 hours a day.
- A stringent no-logs policy is in place to safeguard your privacy.
- Desktop and mobile applications that are easy to use.
- Ability to utilize the VPN on several devices concurrently.
The best VPN service to view DisneyNow from overseas
NordVPN is another VPN service that enables you to access DisneyNow from outside the United States. What differentiates this VPN from its competitors is its massive network of over 5,000 servers, over 1,700 of which are located in the United States. Naturally, this implies that you can access a variety of geo-restricted content, like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Numerous servers also means less load, which is evident in NordVPN’s fast and stable connections while surfing and streaming.
You’ll discover that NordVPN provides a robust selection of user-friendly applications and browser extensions that streamline the VPN experience. A particularly attractive feature is the ability to connect up to six devices concurrently with a single NordVPN account. NordVPN adheres to a strong no-logs policy, guaranteeing that your data remains private. Apart from that, it employs 256-bit AES encryption, protects against DNS leaks, and has an automated kill switch.
NordVPN offers desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux), mobile (Android and iOS), and Android TV applications. Additionally, browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox are available. Routers, on the other hand, need a human setup.
Can I use a free VPN to access DisneyNow from another country?
Due to Disney Channel’s geo-restricted content and the implementation of anti-VPN measures, it’s quite doubtful that you’ll be able to use a free VPN to watch DisneyNow from another country. Additionally, we normally discourage the usage of free VPNs for a variety of reasons.
Free VPNs, in particular, provide subpar performance. If you manage to unblock DisneyNow using a free VPN, you’re likely to suffer from poor streaming with plenty of buffering and latency. Much of this is because free VPNs have an insufficient number of servers to support their large user bases. As a result, they may limit your bandwidth to control this.
Aside from unblocking geo-restricted content such as DisneyNow, a VPN should offer you online security. Free VPNs often lack critical security features, such as encryption, protection against DNS leaks, and a kill button. Some may even log and sell your data to other parties. A high-quality premium VPN service is the answer to this.
What content is available on DisneyNow with a VPN?
DisneyNow provides live and on-demand access to a range of Disney Channel programming, having supplanted the previously accessible Disney Channel, Junior, and Disney XD applications. The following is a partial list of the television series available on DisneyNow:
- Kim Possible
- That’s So Raven
- Star Wars Resistance
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Little Einsteins
- Gravity Falls