You are not alone if you have faced streaming difficulties when attempting to watch Eir Sport online from a foreign country. Regrettably, this service is geo-blocked and hence unavailable to anyone outside of Ireland. However, there is a workaround for this. By using a VPN, you may establish an Irish IP address and fool Eir Sport into believing you are connected from Ireland, even if you are not.
A VPN secures your internet connection by passing it via an encrypted tunnel to one of its servers. This has two advantages: To begin with, encryption safeguards your data, safeguarding your privacy and anonymity in the process. Second, by changing your IP address, you may access geo-restricted content from any location on Earth, including Eir Sport.
How to watch Eir Sport online from a foreign country (outside Ireland)
Are you unsure where to begin? You may watch Eir Sport online from any country in the world by following the easy steps outlined below.
- To begin with, if you are not currently an Eir client, you must sign up for either Eir Broadband or Eir TV to access Eir Sport. Alternatively, Sky subscribers may supplement their Sky TV subscription with Eir Sport.
- Following that, sign up for a VPN service that unblocks Eir Sport. We suggest NordVPN.
- Install the VPN program or browser extension that is suitable for your device (the device from which you will be viewing Eir Sport online).
- Open the newly installed app and establish a connection to an Irish server. This will provide you with an Irish IP address to unblock Eir Sport while traveling (outside Ireland).
- Log into Eir Sport and choose a live stream. This should play continuously. If the content remains restricted, try deleting the cookies from your browser.
If you’re unfamiliar with VPNs, you may find the sheer number of available alternatives daunting. There are several free and premium VPNs available. Additionally, features differ per provider. To make things simpler, we’ve limited our selection to a VPN that matches the following criteria:
- Ireland-based servers for unblocking Eir Sport from overseas.
- Connections that are both fast and dependable for live streaming.
- Encryption and a “no-logs” policy provide strong security.
- User-friendly desktop and mobile applications.
- Money-back guarantee allows you to experiment risk-free.
The best VPN for viewing Eir Sport online while traveling
With well over 5,000 servers, NordVPN boasts one of the biggest server networks of any VPN. It now operates 40+ servers in Ireland, some of which are geared towards peer-to-peer file sharing. As such, NordVPN is an excellent option for viewing Eir Sport online from a foreign location. It’s also excellent for unblocking Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, thanks to a large number of US servers. Additionally, it’s worth noting that this service supports simultaneous connections of multiple devices.
NordVPN’s many security features set it apart from most of the competition. Specialty Double VPN and Onion Over VPN servers, in particular, provide an additional degree of safety. A stringent no-logs VPN, this VPN protects you online with 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak prevention, and a kill switch. NordVPN has a very skilled customer support team that is available 24/7 through live chat and email.
NordVPN offers applications for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Android TV. Additionally, you may download browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox. For usage with routers, manual installation is necessary.
Can I watch Eir Sport with a free VPN?
Numerous free VPNs are unable to unblock Eir Sport in countries other than Ireland. Even if you come across a working free VPN, we do not suggest it for a variety of reasons. To begin with, free VPNs are notorious for their inability to unblock content. Therefore, although it may be compatible with Eir Sport, it may not be compatible with Netflix or DAZN, for example.
Since free VPNs have a limited number of servers, they will be unable to unblock websites and services in many countries. When this is combined with many users, the result is a high server load and poor performance. This is especially troublesome while live streaming, since latency and buffering may cause you to miss most of the action.
Unfortunately, free VPNs suffer from a variety of concerns beyond poor performance. Certain free VPNs are deficient in even the most fundamental security features, such as encryption. This exposes your data to hackers, snoopers, and others. Worse, you may discover that the free VPN you’re using collects and sells your data (even your surfing history!).
What sporting events am I able to watch on Eir Sport?
Eir Sport provides a diverse selection of sports content. Virgin Media Sport was introduced to the Eir Sport bundle in August 2019. This contains live coverage of all UEFA Champions League and Europa League matches. The following is a list of some of the sporting events that may be seen on Eir Sport:
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League
- Rugby World Cup
- Guinness PRO14
- FA Cup
- GAA Allianz Leagues Hurling and Football
- SSE Airtricity League games
- Ireland UEFA U21 qualifiers
- Masters Golf
- Wimbledon and Roland Garros
- UEFA Nations League
- UEFA Euro