Hulu is a prominent American streaming service that is only accessible in the United States and Japan at the moment. The site has a large library of high-quality videos, including Hulu originals. Due to geo-restrictions, anybody going outside the United States for vacation (or business) must use a Hulu VPN to regain access to their account.
Regrettably, not all VPNs work since Hulu is quite adept at blocking them. Additionally, not all VPNs are fast enough to view Hulu uninterrupted. Fortunately, some VPNs continue to work despite the restrictions.
How to use a VPN to view Hulu—A step-by-step guide
It’s simple to get an IP address in the United States of America using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). You can simply log into your account and watch Hulu from France if you are using the correct VPN.
If you haven’t yet signed up for Hulu but are a US citizen spending an extended term in France, you may want to use your VPN to sign up for a fresh new Hulu membership.
To get a VPN subscription with a service that supports Hulu streaming, follow the instructions below.
- Choose a VPN service for Hulu. We suggest using NordVPN because it boasts lightning-fast servers in the United States of America that are capable of streaming Hulu.
- Use our link to get a VPN subscription at the lowest feasible price by taking advantage of our unique offer.
- A subscription to the VPN and the installation of software on your streaming device are required.
- Install the VPN client and log in using your username and password.
- Select a server location in the United States of America from the list (check with your VPN provider to see which server is optimized for Hulu).
- Log in or subscribe to Hulu using a web browser or the Hulu app.
For Hulu streaming, we suggest NordVPN. It’s quick, simple to use, and comes with a money-back guarantee. Additionally, NordVPN enables you to connect to servers in several countries, allowing you to access a plethora of worldwide services. NordVPN is fast enough to provide buffer-free live streaming of HD TV episodes and movies on Hulu.
VPN for Hulu—Methods of testing
There are hundreds of VPNs available, and not all of them are compatible for watching Hulu in France. Numerous VPNs have sluggish applications and servers, which makes streaming Hulu without buffering difficult. Additionally, Hulu has disabled the majority of VPNs, which means they will not operate at all.
In this post, we’ve picked the best VPN to unblock Hulu in France. Our specialists identified appropriate services based on the following criteria:
- Has servers that allow users outside the United States of America to access Hulu.
- Has servers that are fast enough to broadcast in high definition.
- It uses no-logs US servers to provide total privacy.
- Reliable customer support through live chat 24 hours a day.
- A connection that is both safe and private, thanks to strong encryption and a plethora of privacy protections.
Hulu France VPN FAQs
Can I view Hulu with a free VPN?
Regrettably, we have not been able to locate any free VPNs that work with Hulu. This is because Hulu makes a concerted effort to disable VPNs, with free VPNs nearly always being the first to go.
Hundreds of customers concurrently utilize IP addresses on free VPN servers, indicating to Hulu that those consumers are connected using a VPN. As a result, attempting to access Hulu over a free VPN (or one of the numerous premium VPNs) will result in the following message:
Based on your IP address, we’ve determined that you’re attempting to access Hulu using an anonymous proxy service. Hulu is presently unavailable outside of the United States. If you live in the United States, you must deactivate your anonymizer in order to watch films on Hulu.
Additionally, free VPNs are exceedingly sluggish, which means that even if they did unblock Hulu (which they do not), they would experience continual buffering, rendering streaming impossible. Keeping this in mind, the only option to watch Hulu from France is to use the VPN advised in this tutorial.
The good news is that you can test your Hulu VPN for free since all of our options provide a money-back guarantee. This means that you may compare each of our choices for accessing your Hulu account on your own before committing to a long-term solution.
Why is Hulu geographically restricted?
Hulu is obligated by the terms of the licensing agreements it enters into with third-party content providers and publishers. This precludes it from transmitting its programming outside of the United States.
Hulu would almost certainly wish to expand into other areas in order to increase revenue, and it is feasible that Hulu will do so in the future.
However, Hulu has chosen to license its content in a single area for the time being. As a result, it must continue to use geo-restrictions to prohibit users outside the United States of America from watching on Hulu.
Why am I being restricted as a paid Hulu subscriber?
Regrettably, it makes no difference whether you are a valid Hulu member. When you go outside the United States for vacation or business, your IP address ceases to be registered as a legitimate US resident. This will enable Hulu’s servers to ban you automatically.
The simplest way to regain a legitimate IP address in the United States is to utilize a VPN. When you connect to a VPN server in the United States, your foreign IP address is hidden and you appear to be in the United States. As a result, you may access any geo-restricted online service.
What content is available on Hulu through a VPN?
Hulu is one of the most widely used internet video streaming services in the United States. Hulu was founded by three of America’s largest television networks: Fox, ABC, and NBC. As a result, the streaming platform has a massive amount of programming from all three broadcasters. Additionally, it now features live broadcasts, courtesy of Hulu Live TV.
Additionally, a Hulu subscription grants access to content from other networks such as Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, FX, SyFy, PBS, Style, and Cartoon Network. This provides an infinite amount of content to watch, and Hulu constantly updates its streaming platform with new content as soon as it airs on television.
We’ve included a list of some of Hulu’s most popular series below:
- Solar Opposites
- Normal People
- Killing Eve
- Veronica Mars
- 30 Rock
- Bob’s Burgers
Is it possible to subscribe to Hulu in France?
If you are a US citizen traveling or working in France for an extended length of time, you may purchase a Hulu membership via the use of a VPN. To create a Hulu account, you must pay using a valid US payment method. This may make signing up from overseas more difficult, however we have given some possibilities below. As a US citizen, signing up is simple with your usual credit card.
Hulu does not require you to have a US-based IP address. Additionally, payment for an account must originate in America. If you reside outside the nation and do not have a local credit card or PayPal account, you must overcome this barrier.
Numerous clients believe that a few remedies work. It is worth mentioning, however, that we have not personally tried them. From the alternatives below, it seems that a pre-paid gift card given by email is the best option.
- A prepaid gift card purchased from this website is around $30. Please keep in mind that we have not used the linked service and that you may like to use another company that offers Hulu gift cards through email—so do your homework.
- StatesPay is a $3.95/month virtual credit card issuer. In principle, you should be able to pay for the first month to establish an account and then make the following payments using Hulu gift cards.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover prepaid cards that are linked to a US address.
- Change the country of your PayPal account or open a new PayPal account located in the United States.
How can I download the Hulu app if I’m not in the United States?
Hulu is only accessible in United States of America app stores, so if your device is registered in a shop outside of the United States, you must either
- Modify the location of your App Store account.
- Create an account with the US app store.
- Hulu APK may be downloaded through a third-party app repository (Android only).
We’ll demonstrate how to download the Hulu app for iOS and Android from outside the United States:
On iOS (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV)
- Connect to a server in the United States of America using your VPN.
- We recommend creating a new account rather than modifying an existing one, as this will have no effect on your existing apps or purchases. In the United States, log out of your Apple ID and create a new one.
- Alternatively, if you insist on transferring an existing account to the United States: Select Settings > iTunes & App Store > View Apple ID > Country/Region > Change Country or Region on your smartphone.
- Select the United States of America as your nation.
- Select None as the payment method (you will still need a US payment method to pay for Hulu).
- Acknowledge and accept the terms and conditions.
On Google Android
- Connect to a server in the United States of America using your VPN.
- To start, go to payments.google.com.
- Select Settings > Edit.
- Change your mailing address to one in the United States. Ascertain that the zip code is the same.
- Accept modifications.
- Close the Play Store application on your smartphone.
- Locate the Google Play Store under Apps.
- Select Force Stop and Delete All Data from the menu.
- Reopen the Google Play Store and you should be able to download and install Hulu this time.
Lastly, you may get the Hulu APK file from a third-party software source. This will require you to provide access to applications from unknown sources, which may expose you to malware attacks. As a result, it is critical that you stick to third-party APK sources with a strong reputation and a track record of properly curating their programs.
Is it legal to use a VPN with Hulu?
Yes, you are allowed to use a VPN with Hulu in France. One exception is if you are located in a country where VPNs are prohibited. Fortunately, just a few nations outright prohibit VPNs, and France is not one of them).
Using a VPN or another proxy to circumvent Hulu’s location limitations, on the other hand, may theoretically violate the service’s terms of service. As such, you should review the ToS to ensure that you understand what you’re doing.
Hulu might technically suspend or cancel a VPN user’s account, although this has never occurred to our knowledge. Instead, Hulu attempts to ban VPNs directly, which is why it might be difficult to locate a provider that works (like the one recommended in this guide).
Is it possible to view Hulu Japan in France?
To stream Hulu Japan in France, you must first connect your device to a VPN server located in Japan. Due to Hulu’s acquisition in Japan, it is probable that you will require a Japanese account to access the Japanese version of Hulu. While the VPNs we suggest offer servers in Japan, keep in mind that we only test VPNs with Hulu in the United States.
Troubleshooting Hulu VPN
If you’ve subscribed to a suggested VPN for Hulu and are still having problems, this section is for you.
If you’re connected to your VPN but continue to get an error message, you may need to adjust certain device settings. Due to the prevalence of IPv6 leaks, we’ve added instructions below on how to deactivate IPv6 on Mac and Windows.
Additionally, you should try removing your browser’s cookies and cache, since this may enable Hulu to determine your true location. Finally, verify with your VPN provider that you are connected to a US server suited for Hulu viewing (not all US servers necessarily work, so be sure to use the right one).
Why am I unable to log into Hulu?
If you’ve subscribed to Hulu but are unable to log in while connected to your VPN, do the following checks:
- Your email address and password are both valid.
- Your subscription has not expired.
- You’re either viewing Hulu from the United States or using the VPN mentioned before to connect to a US server.
- Your payment method is still valid, e.g., your credit card does not have an expiration date.
- If you’re using another streaming service or package to access Hulu, you may need to take additional steps to complete the activation process.
- If you have live TV service, you must configure your home network on the devices in your living room and check in at least once every 30 days. You can only stream to devices in your living room through your home network. Hulu allows you to switch to your home network just four times a year.
- Your Hulu app has been updated.
- Your device and/or browser have location services enabled.
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache.
Which VPNs are incompatible with Hulu?
At the time of writing, the following VPNs do not function with Hulu. If you already have a subscription to one of these VPNs, you will need to cancel it and replace it with one of our alternative options.
- Hotspot Shield
- Private Internet Access (PIA)
Can I use a VPN to access Hulu from my Smart TV?
The majority of smart TVs do not natively support VPN applications. This means you’ll either need to stream from a device that supports VPN applications (such as a laptop, tablet, or Amazon Fire TV Stick) or configure your VPN on your router so that the TV is automatically secured.
Alternatively, you may configure a Windows or Mac computer as a VPN-enabled WiFi hotspot and link your Smart TV to this shared VPN connection.
Will using Hulu with a VPN cause my internet to slow down?
All VPNs will reduce the speed of your connection to a certain extent. This is because the VPN adds overhead to your connection by encrypting and routing your data via a proxy VPN server location.
The good news is that the VPN we’ve suggested offers lightning-fast connections and sufficient capacity to watch Hulu in high definition. As a result, the vast majority of internet users should have no concerns.
Bear in mind that unreliable, low-quality, and free VPNs will not provide you with the necessary throughput and speeds for HD streaming. This is why you must use a high-quality Hulu VPN.
How to resolve the Hulu issue with the home location
Hulu requires customers to configure their home network within 30 days of joining up to prevent account sharing and to enable access to local channels. Additionally, it restricts the devices that will operate with your account if you use it outside of your home network.
For instance, a Firestick or gaming console may be limited to streaming Hulu solely over your home network. If you share your password with a family member or friend on a different home network, they will be unable to stream content on specific devices (such as a game console or Firestick).
Rather, they may see an error message similar to this:
“With your Hulu membership, you are only permitted to use this kind of device on your home network. If you’ve relocated or changed your internet service provider, please adjust your Home Location in your Hulu Account settings on a computer.”
> This site does not have video.
These failures may occur for a variety of reasons, including Hulu’s inability to recognize your current network, your use of a shared wi-fi network, your failure to check in on your smartphone, or your use of an incompatible VPN.
You should upgrade your home network to resolve this problem. This may be hard if you’re using a VPN, since your IP address will almost certainly change each time you connect to the VPN. If your VPN supports the usage of a dedicated or static IP address, this might be an advantageous solution.
Once connected to a network or VPN server from which you want to view Hulu:
- Exit Hulu.
- Re-enter your username and password on a streaming device such as a Firestick, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, smart TV, or gaming console.
- Open the Hulu app or desktop browser and go to your Hulu account page.
- Select Privacy and Configuration.
- Set or Change Home to configure your new network.
You may also notice an issue if you attempt to stream Hulu on the move. If this happens, you may be required to check in to demonstrate to Hulu that you reside in the area where your home network is registered. You may login to Hulu by logging in using your Facebook credentials while connected to your home network.
Note, you may change your home network just four times per year, and Hulu + Live TV is a single-home subscription, which means you cannot use it outside of your house.
How to turn off IPv6
If your ISP provides you with an IPv6 address, you may still have difficulties while utilizing the VPNs on this list. Since the majority of VPNs do not actively defend against IPv6 leaks, you must block this kind of connection manually.
While a VPN may route your traffic via its own DNS servers and disguise your IPv4 address, IPv6 addresses may remain traceable. We’ve included instructions below to manually revert to IPv4 to prevent this problem.
How to turn off IPv6 on a Windows 10 computer:
- Disconnect and exit the VPN application.
- To launch the Run prompt, press Windows Key+R.
- To open your Network Connections, type ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
- Locate the connection you’re using and right-click it to bring up the Properties menu.
- Uncheck the box next to “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” on the Networking or General tab.
- To save your changes and dismiss the Window, click OK.
- Select the Command Prompt (Admin) using Windows Key+R, and then Yes when prompted to allow the application to make modifications to your computer.
- Type ipconfig/flushdns and press Enter on the command prompt (black window).
- Reconnect to the VPN and refresh the Hulu page to watch the video!
Disabling IPv6 on Mac OS X:
- Disconnect and exit the VPN application.
- Activate the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences > Network > AirPort > Advanced from the menu bar.
- TCP/IP is selected.
- Select Off from the Configure IPv6 pop-up menu.
- Select OK and then Apply (to apply the change).
- Reconnect to the VPN and refresh the Hulu page to watch the video!