Molotov TV is a French television streaming service that began operations in 2016. It seeks to provide a selection of free and paid television channels through the internet. The service transmits live television and on-demand content from the Molotov stable of television stations. Regrettably, Molotov.tv is only accessible in member nations of the European Union. If you live or travel outside the United States, you will be unable to watch any videos. However, you may circumvent the ban by using a VPN.
By using a VPN (Virtual Private Network), you may mask your true IP address and appear to be in an EU member state, even if you are not. This implies that you may access Molotov.tv’s web channels from any location.
Best VPN for Molotov TV
VPNs enable users to circumvent geographical limitations and are very simple to setup and use. Not every VPN is compatible with Molotov TV. You should seek a VPN service that meets the following criteria:
- Rapid video streaming.
- Servers located in France and other European Union member states.
- Continual accessibility.
- Excellent client service.
- Strong security measures and the absence of identifiable logs.
We suggest the top VPN for Molotov TV using the criteria outlined above. Our suggestion is simple to implement, provides exceptional customer support, and offers the technological skills necessary to circumvent Molotov’s geo-blocks.
NordVPN is an excellent solution for accessing EU-based services. It can bypass geographic restrictions on almost all EU-based online video providers, including Netflix France and Netflix Germany. This VPN is priced competitively, and the firm offers a variety of special promotions throughout the year to further reduce the cost of maintaining the service.
There are NordVPN applications for Windows, Mac OS X, macOS, Android, and iOS. You may manually setup the VPN on Linux, Blackberry, Raspberry Pi, and compatible routers using the website’s extensive guidelines. Additionally, NordVPN provides a browser extension that functions independently of the app. This extension is compatible with Chrome and Firefox web browsers.
NordVPN has over 5,000 servers in several countries, including 170 sites in France for Molotov TV access. The number of servers in one place is critical, since certain servers may get overcrowded during peak hours, resulting in a sluggish connection. The app’s server list displays the round-trip ping time from your location and the server load, allowing you to make an educated choice about which server to connect to. The app’s primary screen displays a globe map with markers in each region where NordVPN operates servers.
Customer care services may be reached through the website’s live chat bubble. The live support desk, however, is not always staffed. Additionally, you may submit a support request using the NordVPN website’s form or send an email to the help desk staff. The techs are quite responsive.
Our selection criteria for Molotov.tv VPNs
Choosing a VPN might be perplexing since there are many options available. Not all VPN services are made equal, and you must choose one that can provide you with both privacy and access to Molotov.tv, or you will wind up with a mediocre service that is a waste of money.
At PrivacyExplore, we periodically analyze VPNs to ensure they meet your requirements using a proprietary testing approach. We look for leaks, dependability, strong encryption, and policies that prioritize your data privacy.
Additionally, we perform performance tests on VPN servers to make sure that they are capable of handling data-intensive operations like streaming on Molotov TV, gaming, torrenting, and video conferencing. Finally, we can verify that the VPN we propose can unblock popular consumer services such as MolotovTV, Netflix, Disney+, iPlayer, Hulu, and HBO Max.
We’ve added all of the factors our experts use to choose which VPN to suggest on our page below:
- Servers located in France. This enables you to get a French IP address for unblocking Molotov.tv and other famous French websites.
- Worldwide server infrastructure. We seek VPNs that have a large server network and can provide you with IP addresses in a variety of places. Excellent for achieving internet independence.
- Apps available on all platforms. We understand that users have a variety of devices, which is why we always offer a VPN that has applications and user instructions for the widest possible variety of devices.
- Encryption that is trustworthy. Encryption secures your data in transit and provides you with data protection and privacy, whether you’re at home, at work, or using public Wi-Fi.
- A policy of no logging. This is the optimal VPN policy since it ensures that the VPN never maintains any logs of your online activity.
- Torrenting is allowed. We inspect VPNs for torrent-optimized servers and confirm that all of our suggestions support P2P connections.
- VPN security features that are advanced. We search for VPNs that have a kill switch, leak prevention, obfuscation, and other sophisticated features that provide value (check the summaries and our VPN reviews for details about these additional features).
- Rapid data transfer rates. To watch Molotov.tv and other services, you’ll need a high-speed internet connection. We do speed tests on VPN servers to verify that they have fast enough servers to transmit your data without creating buffering while streaming HD video.
Why am I unable to access Molotov.tv from countries outside the European Union?
While Molotov TV is available for free viewing, the corporation that operates it must adhere to its contractual obligations. Molotov’s contracts with production businesses require it to restrict its streams to EU member states. This is an industry practice, and all genuine video streaming companies adhere to such limits.
While access limitations on sites like Molotov are inconvenient, the obligation to restrict access to users in EU member states is mandated by content licensing requirements and enforceable by law. All media contracts are worded in terms of the location of the video’s viewer, not the location of the video’s sender.
Molotov’s primary market is France, and so the majority of accessible channels are in that language. Nonetheless, you’ll discover content from around the EU, as well as foreign stuff in several languages if you upgrade to the premium edition.
How does Molotov.tv determine my location?
Without an IP address, you cannot access any data on the internet. Each internet address must be unique. Otherwise, routers that connect to the internet’s connections will be unable to determine where to transmit an addressed packet. IP address ranges are assigned to certain nations, which enables websites to establish a user’s location based on their IP address. Molotov.tv’s server simply checks your IP address against one of those databases and instantaneously determines your location.
All media servers undertake this check as a matter of legal compliance. Once a content delivery server determines your location, blocking access is simple to accomplish.
If you attempt to visit Molotov TV from outside the European Union without using a VPN, you will receive the notice “Désolé, se contenu n’est pas disponible dans votre zone géographique,” which translates as “Sorry, this content is not available in your geographic area.”
VPN circumvents this issue.
How to install and use Molotov TV on an Amazon Firestick
Although an app for Molotov TV is available for the Amazon Fire TV Stick, it is not always accessible via the Amazon store, and many users say that the software is buggy. While it is possible to subscribe to Molotov TV while traveling outside France, the Firestick implementation restricts access to Molotov TV, stating that it is intended for usage exclusively in France. Take this in stride—many people who are genuinely in France report receiving identical banning notices.
The basic conclusion is that there is a significant continuing issue with Molotov TV’s Firestick implementation. However, there is a workaround. The Android app for Molotov TV works well, and the Amazon Firestick’s operating system, dubbed Fire OS, is a variation of Android. Thus, all that remains is for you to download the Android app on your Firestick. Follow the instructions here to install a functional Molotov TV app on your Amazon Firestick.
- Connect your Firestick to your television and go to the menu.
- Navigate to System/Developer Options from Settings/System/Developer Options.
- Enable ADB debugging and Unknown Sources apps.
- Navigate to the following locations: Settings/System/About/Network.
- Take note of the IP address shown. Continue to leave the Firestick connected and both it and the television turned on.
- Navigate to an Android-based mobile device.
- Install the Molotov TV app from Google Play.
- Install the Apps2Fire tool from Google Play.
- Start Apps2Fire.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, tap the menu sign.
- Choose Setup.
- In the IP address section of your Fire TV, enter the IP address that you took down and click Save.
- Select Upload Apps from the top-left menu icon.
- Scroll down to the screen app list and press on the Molotov TV item. This will install the application on your Firestick.
- Return to the TV’s main menu and the Firestick’s main menu.
- Navigate to Settings/Applications/Manage Installed Applications from the Start Menu.
- To access Molotov TV, scroll through the following applications: On your remote control, press the large OK button.
- Select Launch application from the option that opens.
This will correctly configure Molotov TV on your Firestick.
Why should I use a VPN?
Apart from unblocking Molotov.tv, VPNs provide a host of other advantages. If you reside in a country that restricts access to international websites or entertainment, you may circumvent these restrictions using a VPN. In some countries, even seemingly innocent apps such as WhatsApp or Facebook are prohibited.
When you go overseas for business or vacation, you may discover that many of the websites you frequent are no longer accessible. If you install a VPN on your computer before leaving, you will just need to pick a VPN server in your home country to regain access to all of your familiar websites.
Your actions cannot be observed due to the secrecy provided by the VPN tunnel.
Therefore, if you just want access to everything on the internet and do not want the government to monitor your every move, it is a smart idea to buy a VPN.
The VPN we suggest, provides a money-back guarantee. This means that you may sign up for one and try it out to see whether it can gain access to all of the websites that you want.
FAQs for Molotov TV
Is it legal to use a VPN to stream Molotov outside France?
Yes, watching Molotov TV outside of France is legal. Indeed, it is accessible across the European Union, not only in France. At worst, accessing Molotov TV from another location may violate its terms of service. Molotov TV has the right to terminate your subscription if it suspects you are using a VPN (this is so it can protect copyright). However, Molotov TV, like the majority of streaming companies, is very unlikely to take any action.
When I watch Molotov TV, my ISP throttles my connection; can a VPN help?
It is fairly commonplace for internet service providers to use bandwidth throttling. This entails purposefully degrading your internet connection. While they often claim that this is done to alleviate network congestion. The truth is that they do it to save money! Using a VPN may undoubtedly benefit. This is because a VPN encrypts your internet traffic, allowing you to remain anonymous on the internet. As a result, you may watch Molotov TV anonymously.