Are you trying to view Movistar+ from a foreign country? Since the service is region-locked, you’ll need the assistance of a VPN to continue streaming your favorite content when traveling overseas.
If you’ve ever attempted to watch Telefonica’s digital streaming service Movistar Plus from a location other than Spain, you’ve likely received the following error message:
ERROR. No es posible reproducir este contenido
This translates in English as “Error. This content cannot be reproduced.”
Telefonica limits Movistar+ content outside of Spain on purpose. It does this via the use of geo-restrictions that evaluate your IP address automatically. The good news is that you may circumvent these restrictions by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Employers, schools, and Wi-Fi hotspot providers may sometimes restrict access to services like Movistar Plus. They use this to save bandwidth and keep personnel focused.
With a VPN, you can circumvent these restrictions and watch Movistar+ anonymously. A VPN does this by encrypting your traffic and preventing ISPs and websites from monitoring your online activity.
How to watch Movistar Plus in a foreign country using a VPN
Are you new to virtual private networks (VPNs)? We’ve detailed how to use a VPN to watch Movistar outside of Spain in the section below. The whole procedure is quite simple and takes just a few minutes to complete.
How to watch Movistar online from any location:
- Subscribe to a VPN using the link in this instruction. We prefer NordVPN since its servers in Spain are lightning fast and compatible with Movistar+.
- Download and install the VPN application that is appropriate for your device. All of our suggestions provide applications for several platforms and enable simultaneous usage of the VPN on five or more devices.
- Connect to a server in Spain using the VPN app. You will be allocated a Spanish IP address to watch Movistar from abroad.
- Navigate to the Movistar player and choose a live TV stream or a replay to watch. It will now be accessible without limitation, courtesy of your VPN.
- If the content remains region-locked, try deleting the cookies from your browser. Alternatively, contact the customer service of your VPN provider to determine which Spanish server is optimal for watching Movistar.
The best VPN for streaming Movistar Plus in other countries
While on vacation, not all VPNs will unblock Movistar. You must choose a VPN that is effective, which is why our specialists evaluate VPNs to guarantee they are appropriate. We utilized the following factors to make our recommendations:
- Movistar unblocking servers in Spain.
- Rapid download speeds and limitless bandwidth enable you to watch as much stuff as you want.
- Strong encryption and privacy features contribute to the VPN’s versatility and affordability.
- No-logs policy that ensures your privacy is protected at all times.
NordVPN is a Panama-based company that is ideal for unblocking Spanish-language content. Over 5,000 servers are located in several countries, including 50+ superfast servers in Madrid.
These servers are capable of streaming on Movistar Plus, AtresPlayer, Disney+, Prime Video Span, Netflix Spain, and Mitele, among other services. Additionally, its overseas servers provide safe access to BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and Netflix US, among other geo-restricted content.
The VPN offers applications for all common platforms, each of which has a slew of complex capabilities. It features a kill switch, obfuscated servers, security against DNS leaks, and servers designed for double hop connections and torrenting. Additionally, it comes pre-configured with ad-blocking and malware protection for enhanced security.
NordVPN is a breeze to use, despite its extensive feature set. Additionally, it includes guidelines and 24/7 live chat assistance to assist you in utilizing the VPN if you run into any difficulties. Best of all, this VPN provides a totally log-free service, ensuring that your internet activity remains secret.
Additionally, it has both its default NordLynx protocol, which is geared towards speed, and OpenVPN, which ensures the best degree of data protection imaginable. A terrific all-rounder that you can try risk-free for 30 days with its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Methodology for Movistar Plus VPN testing
Our specialists put the world’s major VPN companies to the test to see which ones are the best fit for your requirements. To do this, we use a meticulously established, data-driven VPN testing technique that enables us to distinguish between reputable VPNs with market-leading features and mediocre services that are not worth your time or money.
To begin with, we seek VPNs with strong privacy policies. This guarantees that the VPN does not collect any information about your internet activity when connected to its servers. Following that, we examine the VPN provider’s software to see how it performs encryption and what critical privacy and security features are provided. Additionally, we evaluate VPN speeds to guarantee that they are suitable for streaming, gaming, torrenting, and any other online activity.
Finally, we verify that each VPN’s Spanish servers are compatible with Movistar and that its servers are capable of accessing popular services such as Netflix, Disney+, and others. This enables us to safely suggest a VPN, secure in the knowledge that it is a solid all-rounder. We’ve provided a list of the qualities we considered while suggesting the best Movistar VPN below.
- Global server networks that are reliable and allow for torrenting.
- Apps for all platforms with extensive privacy features such as a kill switch and protection against DNS leaks.
- Excellent dependability and uptime, with a track record of protecting its consumers’ privacy.
- Spanish and Latin American servers will be used to broadcast more Hispanic content.
- Protection against hackers while using public Wi-Fi.
Movistar VPN FAQs
Is it possible to watch Movistar Plus from abroad using a free VPN?
Unlikely. While there are several free VPNs available, we have yet to come across any with fast enough servers in Spain to unblock Movistar. Telefonica makes a concerted effort to restrict VPN-associated IP address ranges, and there are very few VPNs that still operate to watch Movistar+.
Even if you come across a free VPN service with servers in Spain, we strongly advise against using it. Operating a VPN is expensive, which is why reputable businesses must charge their members. The bulk of free VPNs will always capture your data in order to generate income.
They were discovered to be operating under exceedingly dubious business methods and worrisome privacy rules. This enables the provider to monitor your internet activity to profile you and sell your data. Additionally, it has been discovered that free VPN applications include harmful tracking libraries, malware, and other undesirable flaws.
As a result, utilizing free VPNs is dangerous. The critical point to understand is that a VPN is a technology that is intended to provide you with privacy. Purchasing a VPN that works as a honeypot for your data is like purchasing an umbrella with holes.
The good news is that there are several reputable VPNs that are reasonably priced and provide a money-back guarantee. This enables you to test a fully-featured premium VPN without jeopardizing your hard-earned money.
Why is Movistar prohibited from operating outside of Spain?
Copyright holders and content creators are required to license their work with tight restrictions. This effectively prohibits broadcasters such as Movistar from replicating their content outside of the contractually defined geographic territory. As a result, Telefonica must impose geo-restrictions on users outside of Spain to prevent them from accessing the Movistar player.
When you leave Spain for vacation or business, your IP address becomes global. This enables Movistar to block you immediately and show you an error message. The good news is that a VPN can simply provide you with a Spanish IP address. Having stated that, not all VPNs with servers function to unblock Movistar; nonetheless, the ones included in this tutorial have been thoroughly tested.
Why is my VPN incompatible with Movistar?
Online platforms must make a concerted effort to adhere to the licensing agreements they enter into. As a result, they have made a concerted effort to ban the IP addresses of well-known VPN providers. If you’ve already signed up for a VPN that isn’t suggested in this post, there’s a good probability that Telefonica has already banned its servers.
Under these conditions, you must cancel your subscription and replace it with a suggested Movistar VPN.
The VPN suggested in this article makes a concerted effort to circumvent VPN limitations imposed by services such as Netflix, Hulu, Movistar, and Mitel. As a result, they are constantly releasing new technologies and features that make it more difficult to discover and block their IPs.
If you have previously subscribed to a suggested VPN but are experiencing difficulties. We suggest doing the following troubleshooting steps:
- Restart your device after disconnecting from the VPN.
- Clear your cookies to ensure that Movistar Plus does not determine your true location.
- Disable location and GPS services.
- Reinstall the VPN client and try once again.
- Alternate a Spanish server or contact your VPN provider to see which Spanish server is ideal for streaming.
- Examine the VPN’s configuration and establish a connection using an alternative protocol.
What content can I watch on Movistar using a VPN?
Movistar is a famous Spanish streaming service that offers both live and catch-up television.
The service features popular films such as Sentimental, Trolls 2: World Tour, and El secreto. Atrévete a soar, Regreso a la guerra de la esperanza, and Capital humano. Additionally, it transmits live sports such as tennis, golf, the NBA, Liga Endesa, soccer, and Formula 1.
There are a variety of series available from a variety of networks, including Fox, AXN, Cosmo, AMC, TNT, and Comedy Central. Below is a list of some of the most popular programs currently available:
- La Fortuna
- Billions T5
- Vigil, Nuclear Conspiracy
- American Rust
- Work in Progress
- Young Sheldon
- The Good Fight
- Better Call Saul
Please keep in mind that some sports and premium television programs are only accessible with a premium Movistar subscription, which costs between 10 and 15 euros per month.
What else can a Movistar VPN be used for?
A VPN provides almost limitless freedom. To give you a sense of what you can accomplish with, we’ve given the following list:
- Use the internet freely at work, school, or university.
- Prevent monitoring and surveillance capitalism from being practiced by Wi-Fi hotspot providers such as hotels, coffee shops, and airports.
- Use public Wi-Fi without worrying about your data being captured by hackers or other eavesdroppers.
- Utilize the internet without being monitored by the authorities.
- Access websites that have been prohibited or filtered.
- Torrent securely and anonymously.
- Access Spanish and Latin American Hispanic content.
- While on vacation, use online banking and other Spanish-language services.
- Bypass worldwide geoblocking to access TV streams and services from all around the globe.