Attempting to connect to Netflix Brazil on an international trip? You may already be aware that when you travel, Netflix will display the nation’s content library from which you signed up, regardless of where you signed up. Fortunately, with the aid of a VPN, you can safely access your home Netflix collection. We’ll teach you precisely how to access all of your favorite Brazilian films and episodes on Netflix (or any other Brazilian streaming provider), regardless of your location.
To access Netflix Brazil, you must first get a Brazilian IP address. An IP address is a unique sequence of numbers and decimals that is used to identify your device and its approximate location. If you are not located in Brazil, the most convenient way to get a Brazilian IP address is through the use of a VPN.
A VPN, which stands for Virtual Private Network, encrypts all internet data on your device and passes it via an intermediate server in a location of your choice. This basically swaps your local IP address with the VPN server’s IP address. In this scenario, you must establish a VPN connection to a Brazil-based VPN server.
However, be aware that Netflix has begun blocking most connections from VPN servers, resulting in an error. If you attempt to access Netflix Brazil over a banned VPN server, the following error notice will appear:
Desculpe, tivemos um problema… Erro de transmissão. Parece que você está usando um proxy ou desbloqueador. Desative esses recursos e tente acessar novamente.
Or, in English:
“Whoops, something went wrong… Streaming error. You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
How to use a VPN to access Netflix Brazil
We’ll go into further depth on the best VPN for Netflix Brazil below, but if you’ve already picked your VPN, you can skip through to our short setup tutorial. Even if this is your first time using a VPN, getting started couldn’t be easier.
- Install, configure, and connect to the VPN mentioned below. NordVPN is recommended.
- Connect to a Brazil-based server to get a Brazilian IP address.
- Navigate to Netflix’s website. You should be routed immediately to the Brazilian version of the website.
- If you haven’t already, sign in to Netflix and choose your content.
- That’s all! You may now access all of your favorite Brazilian items through streaming. Why is my VPN not functioning immediately? Clear your cache and cookies, and then refresh the page.
Best VPN for Netflix Brazil
Only a few VPNs are known to operate properly with Netflix. We’ve done the legwork for you and suggested the top Brazilian Netflix VPN using the following criteria:
- Provides safe access to Netflix through servers located in Brazil.
- Rapid and steady speed for uninterrupted HD streaming.
- Customer service that is prompt and competent.
- Supports a variety of device types.
Our best recommendation for safely streaming Netflix Brazil is NordVPN. The firm has a global network of over 5,000 servers. Since the speeds are strong, you should have no difficulty streaming high-quality videos. Additionally, NordVPN is compatible with a variety of additional Brazilian providers, including Globo, Record, and Rede TV.
The firm adheres to a real zero-logging policy, which has been put to the test in the past when authorities raided its computers and slapped it with court orders requiring access to data. By default, all connections employ military-grade encryption to protect the OpenVPN tunnel. A single membership enables you to connect to multiple devices concurrently.
Apps are available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire TV.
Is Netflix still down? Consider the following…
If you’re using the VPN mentioned above and still get the proxy error, take the following steps to guarantee you’re not leaking your location:
- Google cached IP addresses, which may be used to determine your precise location. Log out of all Google accounts on the device, including those that you use with Chrome.
- Disable all location-based services on your browser and device (GPS, etc). If you’ve previously been granted Netflix access to see your location, you’ll need to disable this in your browser settings.
- Clear the cookies, cache, and temporary files from your browser. Learn how to clear your cache and cookies here.
- Ensure that IPv6 is disabled on your device. On Windows, you may disable this in the WiFi Properties window. Following that, your device may need to be restarted.
- Purge the DNS cache. This may be accomplished on Windows by starting the Command Prompt and entering ipconfig/flushdns.
- Adjust the time zone on your device to the provider’s service region and the time to local time. Brazil is divided into three time zones, namely UTC-2, UTC-3, and UTC-4.
- If you are connected to a wireless network and have access to the router, you may change the wireless network’s name (SSID). At the end, append “”nomap”” (without quotes). Consider the term “privacyexplorenomap”. This disables Google’s geolocation services on your network. To reestablish internet connectivity, you must reconnect your device to a new network.
- To receive a new IP address, disconnect and rejoin the desired server location.
Is it possible to stream Netflix Brazil with a free VPN?
It’s quite improbable that you’ll come across a free one that works properly with Netflix. Free VPN providers just lack the resources necessary to resist Netflix’s proxy prohibition, which blocks the IP addresses of recognized VPN servers every month.
In general, we advise against the use of free VPN services. They provide a very limited variety of servers, limit your data usage, restrict your maximum bandwidth, and are often insecure.
Additionally, free VPNs are notorious for questionable anti-privacy activities like recording, putting tracking cookies into users’ browsers, and embedding advertisements into web sites. Too often, free VPN programs are exploited to install malware on the devices of naïve users.
How we discovered the best VPN for Netflix Brazil
There are several VPNs available, and it seems as if more are being added daily. Netflix, on the other hand, prohibits the majority of them outright, which providers sometimes neglect to disclose. Needless to say, this complicates the process of selecting a VPN. The following are the most critical factors we evaluated while evaluating the best VPN for Netflix Brazil:
- Servers in Brazil: Netflix displays content differently depending on the location to which your IP address refers. This implies that you will need Brazilian servers to view Netflix Brazil from overseas. The more, the better.
- Performance: Streaming 4K videos requires a minimum of 25 Mbps. This isn’t very fast, but it’s a feature that shockingly few VPNs reliably supply. PrivacyExplore conducts VPN performance testing regularly; therefore, we can confidently state that all of the services listed above are fast enough.
- Streaming potential: We just don’t ensure that our best VPN works with Netflix Brazil. To guarantee that we only choose the most flexible, we check to see whether they support other libraries (such as Netflix Italy and France) as well as secure access to platforms such as fuboTV, Disney Plus, and Amazon Prime Video.
- Security: We believe that your online actions should remain anonymous at all times, which is why we demand that our suggestion have robust security measures. This must contain 256-bit encryption, a kill button, and leak prevention, as well as a policy prohibiting data recording.
- Usability: Anything that makes the VPN more user-friendly is a great plus. This may include 24/7 live chat assistance, a complete absence of connection constraints, or even Netflix-optimized servers. However, we do expect providers to support the most popular devices.
Netflix Brazil FAQs
Can I stream Netflix in the United States from Brazil?
If you’re an American visiting Brazil, there’s no need to fret; the majority of VPNs that work with the Brazilian version of Netflix also work with the American version. Simply connect to a VPN server in the United States of America and run Netflix normally.
What is the price of Netflix in Brazil?
Netflix’s pricing in Brazil at the time of writing is as follows:
- Basic: BRL 25.90 (US $4.68)
- Standard: BRL 39.90 (US $7.21)
- Premium: BRL 55.90 (US $10.10)
If you’re looking at pricing per title alone, Brazil is one of the most cost-effective locations to get Netflix. While Brazil’s collection is smaller than usual, its low cost across all three plans means that its cost per title is the lowest in the world for basic and standard Netflix subscriptions and equal second for premium ones.
Is the Netflix library in Brazil different from the one in the United States?
Netflix Brazil’s catalog of titles is far lower than that of most other countries, accounting for less than half of what US customers get. According to Finder, Brazil has 562 television series and 1,672 films, compared to the USA’s 1,157 television shows and 4,593 films.
Having said that, Netflix Brazil offers a few titles that are not accessible in the United States, as well as the option to watch with Portuguese subtitles.
Is it true that all VPNs function with Netflix Brazil?
No! The following is a list of VPNs that, by our own admission or based on our testing, do not function with Brazilian Netflix. Notably, the great majority of VPNs are incapable of securely accessing Netflix. These are just a few of the possible names that you may come across throughout your search.
- Hotspot Shield
- Private Internet Access (PIA)