While Netflix has over 5 million members in India, the nation receives only a fraction of the episodes and movies available in the United States. This discrepancy is due to licensing agreements. However, there is a way around these constraints. To access Netflix from the United States of America in India, you must first establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection.
A VPN encrypts all traffic to and from your device and routes it via a server of your choosing as an intermediary. If you choose a server located in the United States, your Indian IP address will be replaced with a US-based one.
While this seems to be a simple technique, it is worth noting that Netflix employs sophisticated filters and VPN detection algorithms. As a result, not every VPN can unblock Netflix USA in India.
How to unblock Netflix USA from India using a VPN
To set up a VPN to view US Netflix in India, follow these steps:
- Register with and subscribe to the provider mentioned in this article (our top choice is NordVPN).
- After completing the purchase process, continue to download and install the VPN program on your desired device.
- Once the software is installed, restart your smartphone.
- Launch the VPN application and connect to a Netflix server. Take note that not all US servers will be able to unblock Netflix with certain VPNs. If you are having difficulties, contact customer service or visit the website of your selected provider.
- Allow time for the connection to develop.
- Congratulations! Simply go to Netflix and begin viewing.
Not every VPN can properly unblock Netflix when traveling. We suggest the best VPN for streaming on US Netflix after conducting a thorough analysis using the following criteria:
- Capable of unblocking Netflix and other streaming services in the United States.
- Consistent streaming speeds (no buffering).
- Utilizes advanced encryption technologies to ensure that your location is never revealed.
- Provides courteous and efficient client service.
- Allows for a refund.
- Includes support for concurrent connections.
The best VPN for watching Netflix USA from India
NordVPN is our top recommendation for streaming Netflix in the United States from India. It boasts a massive worldwide network of over 5,000 servers, including several Netflix-optimized servers in the United States. NordVPN boasts lightning-fast speeds and outperformed all rivals in our most recent speed testing. The website includes a list of servers for safely watching Netflix, as well as further troubleshooting measures in the event of difficulty. Additionally, its live customer care is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Apart from Netflix, NordVPN has been shown to unblock Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer, ensuring that you’re protected by a variety of other streaming services as well.
The company has the necessary tools to safeguard your digital footprint. It has 256-bit AES encryption, a kill button for the internet, and automatic wifi protection. It does not keep any personally identifiable logs or user data of any kind to supplement privacy settings.
Multiple devices may be connected concurrently to a single account, and programs are available for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android.
Can I use a free VPN in India to access Netflix USA?
We do not advocate using a free VPN to access Netflix in the United States. The following are a few reasons why:
Standards of security and privacy are deficient
Free VPNs are not in the business of delivering superior encryption techniques and hence are ill-equipped to circumvent Netflix’s advanced detection filters. You may be able to find a free VPN that offers US server choices, but this does not guarantee that you will be able to view Netflix.
To make matters worse, many free VPNs collect user data to sell it to third-party advertisers. This is contrary to the objective of VPNs in the first place. According to a 2016 analysis of free VPN applications available on the Android app store, 38% of them had malware of some kind, and an astounding 87 percent didn’t establish the encrypted tunnel they promised to establish.
Inadequate customer assistance
As stated in our suggested VPN, customer assistance may make all the difference in terms of assisting you in selecting the best server for Netflix and fixing any issues that arise. Free VPNs lack specialized customer care websites and will thus be unable to respond to urgent inquiries. As a result, your entire experience will be diluted.
Inadequate bandwidth and server networks
There is no such thing as a complimentary meal. If you’re going to use a VPN for free, anticipate low speeds, a limited selection of servers, and lengthy wait periods to connect during peak hours. This is in striking contrast to what premium VPNs provide for uninterrupted Netflix watching.
To summarize, it is not in your best interest to jeopardize your online privacy and security by using a free VPN.
Are you unable to access Netflix with a VPN? Consider the following options:
If that is the case, try the following steps:
- To begin with, contact your VPN’s customer service staff and verify that the server to which you’re connected is Netflix-optimized.
- Exit from all Google accounts, including the one associated with your Chrome browser. Google caches IP addresses, which might be why you’re being refused access to Netflix.
- Disable GPS and any other location-based services on your smartphone. Delete all cookies, caches, and temporary files from your browser.
- Deactivate IPv6. This is mostly for users of Windows 10, although it may create difficulties on other operating systems.
- Eliminate your DNS cache. To perform this action on Windows, launch the Command Prompt in administrator mode and type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
- Change the time zone on your device to that of the US server to which you are connected.
- Disconnect and close the VPN application. To get an alternative IP address, restart your device and rejoin the Netflix-optimized server.
Why does Netflix have several libraries of content?
Netflix does not create all the content that appears in its libraries. The overwhelming bulk of it comes from third-party production companies such as Paramount and Fox. As such, it is limited to negotiating rights for individual governments. This is because production firms may often sell rights to several hosting providers in distinct locations. While Netflix has said that it wishes to offer the same collection of content in each area in which it operates, this will not be possible until the company has more control over all the series and films on the site.
For instance, its original products such as Stranger Things and Sacred Games are not subject to the same limitations and are accessible for global streaming.
Netflix uses your device’s IP address to identify the location from where you’re seeing it. An IP address is a unique string of digits that your internet service provider assigns to you. It enables web servers and mobile applications to estimate your location. As a result, if you access the internet from India, you will be allocated a local IP address. Netflix utilizes this information to present content that is appropriate for each region.
That is why it is critical to utilize a VPN to mask your true location. If you connect to a VPN server located in the United States, it will look as if you are physically in the country, and the local library will be accessible. It makes no difference whether your account was first registered in India.
If Netflix does identify VPN use, you will almost certainly get the following error message:
“Whoops, something went wrong. Streaming error. You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
Do not fear, VPNs are completely legal in India and the majority of the rest of the globe. Netflix will not ban you from trying to log in with one.