If you want to view TV Now from another country (other than Germany), you will need a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Market-leading VPN providers provide servers in a variety of locations, including Germany, which allows you to get a temporary German IP address. This enables you to watch TV Now from Austria, Switzerland, the United States of America, or anywhere else on the globe.
Additionally, reputable VPNs transport your internet traffic via an encrypted tunnel. This disables online tracking and protects your privacy by preventing your ISP, local network administrators, and government snoops from discovering your online activities.
Additionally, you may use a VPN to access TV Now or any other website that is blocked on your local networks, such as at work or school. Or to surf the internet without fear of surveillance capitalism or hacking at home and on public Wi-Fi.
Not all VPNs work with TV Now and other German providers, but we’ve suggested those that do and explained how to use them in this article!
Choosing the best VPN for watching TV Now while traveling
While several VPN providers offer servers in Germany, not all of them are compatible with TV Now. VPNs differ significantly regarding performance and security. This implies that you must choose wisely to prevent receiving substandard service. To save you time, we’ve whittled the list down to a VPN that matches the following criteria:
- German-based servers capable of unblocking TV Now in other countries.
- Consistently fast and stable speeds for continuous streaming.
- Customer service is available through live chat.
- Provides intuitive desktop and mobile applications.
- With a no-logs policy, it safeguards your privacy.
The best VPN for watching TV Now abroad
NordVPN operates more than 200 servers in Germany (in Berlin and Frankfurt) and more than 5,000 servers globally. This includes servers that are geared for torrenting and internet use in countries with tight online controls.
Along with TV Now servers, NordVPN supports Netflix, BBC iPlayer, German television stations, and Amazon Prime Video. It is quicker than the majority of its competitors and enables uninterrupted streaming at high resolution.
Subscribers get multiple concurrent connections with a single account, which is sufficient for the majority of power users. Additionally, applications are accessible on all main platforms, and Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are offered. Additionally, live chat customer service is available 24 hours a day.
Equally noteworthy are its security measures. There is 256-bit AES encryption, DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak prevention, as well as a kill switch, obfuscation, and a dual VPN. Additionally, NordVPN is based in Panama, which does not have strict data retention rules. You may be risk-free to try it out with its money-back promise.
How to watch TV Now when traveling overseas with a VPN
It’s incredibly simple to watch TV Now outside of Germany. Simply follow the steps outlined below!
- Join the VPN mentioned above—we really suggest NordVPN.
- Download the VPN software that is suitable for your device.
- Connect to a server in Germany using the VPN software or browser extension.
- To ensure that the changes take effect, clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Navigate to TV Now and access the programming that has been unblocked!
The preceding steps should be successful. If you continue to have difficulty unblocking TV Now when traveling, be sure to test a variety of servers (it may be that certain IP addresses are blocked). Alternatively, you may contact customer service to determine which German server is the most suitable for streaming.
VPN for TV Now – Methodology of testing
There are hundreds of VPN providers on the market, and not all of them are made equal. Numerous VPNs feature subpar software, sluggish servers, and security flaws, rendering them unsuitable for achieving online anonymity.
At PrivacyExplore, we realize how simple it is to be duped by subpar VPNs making grandiose claims. That is why we use a rigorous VPN testing approach to fully evaluate each service.
Below are some of the critical factors we employ to evaluate VPNs. To learn more, please click on the link above to view our full methodology breakdown.
- Tests for leaks. We examined each VPN’s mobile applications for IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks. This enables us to reliably suggest a service to disguise your surfing activities from ISPs, local network administrators, and government snoops.
- Implementation of encryption. We examine the inner workings of encryption to see how it is implemented and if Perfect Forward Secrecy is used. This is critical since many dishonest VPN providers exaggerate the degree of security they offer, leaving you exposed.
- Server locations and transfer rates. We examine a VPN’s server network to guarantee it offers excellent value for money and can unblock all popular services. To do this, we test the VPN speed for HD streaming, torrenting, and gaming. Additionally, we test it to ensure compatibility with Netflix, TV Now, and other popular services.
- Features that are advanced. We examine the VPN’s internals to see what extra functions they offer. We check for features such as a kill switch, obfuscation, multi-hop connections, a smart DNS service, HTTPS and SOCKS5 proxies, and Tor over VPN, among other things.
TV Now VPN FAQs
Can I use a free VPN to watch TV Now from a different country?
While it is possible to find a free VPN with a German server, it is quite improbable that it would function to watch TV Now.
This is because streaming sites intentionally block VPNs, and free VPNs lack the resources necessary to circumvent such restrictions. As a result, the majority of free VPNs fail to unblock region-locked services like Netflix, DAZN, and HBO Go.
Additionally, the performance of free VPNs is subpar. Due to the paucity of servers and a disproportionately large user base, free VPNs experience very high levels of congestion. As a result, the streaming quality is degraded and buffering is increased.
Additionally, free VPNs are a dangerous option. Numerous websites keep track of their users’ activity and sell this information to other parties. As a result, free VPNs inundate you with advertisements.
The critical point to remember is that free VPNs must earn money somehow, and they often do it by converting you into a product. Additionally, few free VPNs utilize robust encryption to protect your data or have a kill button to avoid data breaches.
Finally, it has been shown that free VPNs exaggerate their degree of safety and even conceal malware inside their software. As a result, utilizing such VPNs entails a significant danger to your privacy and online security.
What am I able to see on television right now?
TV Now is the German broadcaster RTL’s video-on-demand (VOD) offering. You may get live streaming and on-demand programming from the following RTL channels with TV Now:
- RTL II
- Super RTL
- Toggo Plus
- RTL Crime
- RTL Passion
- RTL Living
- Geo Television
Apart from live television, TV Now provides a diverse selection of German and foreign television shows and films. Here are a few instances of what you could discover:
- The Kardashians
- Love Island
- Princess Charming
- Berlin- Tag & Nacht
- The Good Doctor
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- The Killing
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Deutschland sucht den Superstar
- Top Gear
- Alarm für Cobra
- Schitts Creek
- Die Geissens
- The Handmaid’s Tale
Is it possible to watch TV Now for free using a VPN?
After connecting to a VPN server in Germany, you’ll be able to visit the TV Now website and begin viewing live television and on-demand content.
The good news is that a large portion of the programming is accessible for free, which means you can watch a large number of episodes without paying.
Having said that, it’s worth noting that certain series are now accessible solely via the premium subscription. This contains several original TV Now programs.
Thus, depending on the content you want to watch, you may need to subscribe. TV Now subscriptions begin at €4.99 per month.