Vudu is a comparable online media streaming service to Netflix. Unlike Netflix, though, Vudu is not accessible worldwide. VoD services are currently only available in the United States and Mexico. You’ll need an IP address in one of those two countries to watch Vudu while on vacation. We’ll demonstrate how anybody may use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to get a US or Mexican IP address to watch Vudu from outside the United States.
A VPN, which stands for Virtual Private Network, encrypts all traffic to and from your device and tunnels it via a server of your choosing. This creates the illusion that you’re connecting to the web from a faraway place, which might help you regain access to your regular services while traveling. Additionally, a VPN makes it hard for ISPs, hackers, and government surveillance agencies to track your online activity.
Selecting the best VPN for Vudu
Below, we’ll walk you through our pick for the best VPN that functions seamlessly with Vudu. We based it on the following criteria:
- Service reliability and speed.
- Numerous server sites around the United States and Mexico.
- Standards for encryption that are robust.
- Capability of unblocking stuff that has been blocked.
- Android and iOS applications.
- Convenience of usage.
Best VPN to unblock Vudu while traveling
NordVPN has been operating for more than a decade and continues to be a popular option for customers due to its reliable service and fast performance. It’s a VPN service with a real zero-log policy—no information about user sessions, traffic, or timestamps is logged.
NordVPN had previously received requests for information but was unable to provide it according to the company’s policies. Additionally, servers were seized in one case, but there was nothing on them that could be used to identify people.
The firm maintains over 5,000 servers in several countries, including around 1,500+ in the United States and Mexico. These servers are classified according to their intended use—some are optimized for enhanced encryption, secure torrenting, or dual VPN.
Not only does Nord operate with Vudu, but also with Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer. Military-grade AES-256 encryption is used, and DNS leak prevention is enabled by default. Android and iOS applications are available, as well as desktop support for Linux, Windows, and MacOS.
How can I unblock Vudu using a VPN?
The good news is that VPNs are much easier to use than you would believe. Below, we’ll demonstrate how to unlock Vudu in just a few minutes. To access Vudu from any location, just follow the instructions below.
- To begin with, choose an appropriate VPN service (we recommend NordVPN).
- Following that, download and install the app on any device that will be used to stream.
- Log in and choose a server in the United States or Mexico (in general, the server that is closest to you will provide quicker speeds).
- Visit Vudu and see if you can find anything to watch. In most circumstances, the video will begin automatically. However, if it does not, clear your cookies and try again.
- If difficulties continue, contact the support staff for your VPN directly for help.
VPN testing procedures
There are hundreds of consumer-facing VPNs available, and not all of them are acceptable for watching Vudu from overseas. Many VPNs lack fast servers that are necessary for accessing popular streaming platforms, while others lack the fundamental security elements necessary for achieving complete online anonymity.
The following are some of the characteristics we looked for while suggesting the best VPN for Vudu:
- Rapid acceleration. To view Vudu episodes from overseas, you’ll need a VPN that prevents buffering while streaming in high definition. We examine each VPN to guarantee it has both fast servers and efficient and trustworthy VPN protocols.
- Features that are advanced. Not all VPNs provide a comprehensive set of helpful functions. We seek services that are not only fantastic for streaming but also provide everything you need to browse the internet anonymously and without fear of being eavesdropped on. Therefore, we seek a VPN with sophisticated features such as a kill switch, DNS leak prevention, AES encryption, obfuscation, and split-tunneling.
- No logs are kept. Your internet activity while connected to your VPN should never be evaluated for any purpose. We propose a VPN that guarantees they will not have access to records that may be demanded by government agencies.
- Excellent value for money. Our choices give you a dependable service that is feature-rich at an affordable price. Additionally, we selected a VPN that allows for simultaneous usage on several devices to guarantee that you can maintain your online privacy and freedom on all of your gadgets, whether at home or on public wi-fi.
- Worldwide server network. If you’re paying for a VPN, you expect it to be quite adaptable. We seek a VPN that provides everything you need to circumvent geo-restriction and censorship, regardless of your location. Additionally, we are evaluating these servers to ensure that they function properly when attempting to access popular services such as Vudu and Netflix.
Best VPN for Vudu FAQs
Is it necessary to use a free VPN to unblock Vudu?
Free VPNs abound on the web, and users may be tempted to give them a try.
However, streaming video is not one of their strong qualities. Typically, you can connect to just one or two servers—and they may need you to wait in line if the network is congested. Speeds are sluggish due to widespread bandwidth limiting.
Since encryption settings are insufficient, you cannot expect your connection to be optimal for privacy and security. Additionally, there will almost certainly be a data limit, which means that your connection may be terminated if you stream Vudu for an extended period of time.
Our advice is to avoid it. If a service is provided for free, you are much more likely to become the product. It is well-known that free VPNs commercialize their services by aggressively installing tracking cookies, checking your surfing habits, and selling data to third-party advertisers. You face the danger of infection with malware, which may result in irreversible data loss.
What should I do once I’ve signed up for a VPN?
If your goal is to watch Vudu on a desktop PC, laptop, or smartphone, the process is as easy as entering into your VPN software, connecting to a suitable server, and using Vudu as usual. We suggest clearing all cached data to ensure that location markers are removed.
Vudu, on the other hand, is compatible with the following devices:
- Xbox One
Because these devices lack built-in compatibility for VPN applications, there is no native software that will suffice. We suggest using a VPN on a virtual router to configure the app. This is possible because most PCs capable of connecting to wifi can also broadcast their wifi signals—similar to how cellphones establish mobile wifi hotspots.
Learn how to configure a VPN on a virtual router for Windows and Mac devices.
Will a VPN affect the speed of my Vudu streams?
You may notice slower speeds while using a VPN since your data is encrypted and must travel a longer distance (to the VPN server before going on to Vudu). The finest VPNs, on the other hand, provide lightning-fast server speeds and limitless bandwidth. If you’re already experiencing ISP throttling, you may discover that connecting to a VPN improves the quality of your Vudu broadcasts, especially if the VPN server is located near your physical location.
What devices are compatible with Vudu?
Vudu is available on a broad variety of devices. This category comprises desktop (Windows and Mac), mobile (Android and iOS), streaming devices (Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, Tivo, and Xfinity), smart TVs (LG, Samsung, and Vizio), and gaming consoles (PlayStation, Xbox, and Nvidia).
What is Vudu Disc to Digital?
Vudu Disc to Digital is a service that converts physical films (DVDs and Blu-ray discs) to digital versions. Vudu is constantly adding new movies that are suitable for conversion. All you have to do is use the Vudu mobile app to scan the UPC barcode on your Blu-ray or DVD. The physical disc may then be converted to a digital form for a fee of $2 (USD).