The issue with going internationally is that some of your favorite websites and services may not be accessible. This includes Venmo, which is currently only available in the United States. As a result, you’re likely to experience problems when attempting to use Venmo outside of the United States, regardless of whether you’re using the Venmo web browser or the Venmo app. To safely access your Venmo account while traveling, you’ll need to utilize a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Before we go into how to use Venmo from overseas, it’s worth explaining how a VPN works. These services encrypt all internet traffic to and from your device, providing you with increased online protection. When you connect to a VPN server, a new IP address is assigned to you. This creates the illusion that you’re browsing from a different place. In this scenario, Venmo will believe you are still in the United States.
Thus, how do you choose a VPN? After all, there are a plethora of options available! We’ve reduced the field to only one provider by searching for the best service that meets the following criteria:
- Venmo-compatible servers in the United States.
- Connections that are unrestricted for streaming.
- Secure your data with advanced encryption.
- Zero-logging policy that safeguards your privacy.
- Around-the-clock live chat and email assistance.
- Allows for at least five concurrent connections.
We go into more detail about our testing methodology below the review.
How to use Venmo when traveling overseas with a VPN
The best VPN for using Venmo internationally is fast and simple to use. Indeed, the setup should just take a minute or two! Simply follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- The first step is to choose a VPN that has servers in the United States that are compatible with Venmo. NordVPN is recommended.
- Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be able to download and install the VPN software on your browsing device.
- Log into the VPN app and choose a server in the United States. You’ll be given a US IP address, which enables safe access to Venmo from any location.
- Sign in to Venmo (web or app). You should now be able to use it normally, with no problems.
- Is it ineffective? Venmo may be perplexing. Clear your browser’s cookies first, and if that fails, try connecting to a different server. Alternatively, you may contact your VPN customer service, who may be able to assist you.
Best VPN to use for Venmo from abroad
NordVPN is our top recommendation for international Venmo use. With thousands of servers in the United States, it’s simple to securely access Venmo, as well as a large number of other US-based websites and services. Streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ are included in this category. With the launch of NordLynx, a WireGuard modification, you may anticipate higher speeds than ever before. Indeed, our tests revealed an average download speed of 135 Mbps.
If you’re utilizing a digital wallet, you’re probably looking for maximum security. NordVPN complies with this requirement via the use of 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak prevention, and a kill switch. However, it takes encryption a step further with its specialized Double VPN and Onion Over VPN servers, which provide an additional degree of security. Recent additions to this no-logs service include NordPass, its password manager. Do you still need assistance? Live chat and email assistance are accessible 24 hours a day.
Connect multiple devices at the same time using NordVPN’s Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux applications. Additionally, you’ll find applications for Amazon Fire TV and Android TV, as well as Chrome and Firefox browser extensions. Manual configuration is required to utilize this VPN with routers.
How we discovered the best VPN for Venmo
While there are more than ten VPNs that function well with Venmo, many of them fall short in other aspects, whether it’s sluggish bandwidth or insufficient privacy protection. The following section details our process for identifying the best VPN for using Venmo from abroad:
- Servers in the United States: If you want to use Venmo safely from overseas, you’ll need a VPN with servers in the United States—the only country where Venmo is accessible. We discovered a VPN having servers in as many as two dozen US locations in certain instances. This means you may have a US IP address that is closer to your location than you thought, resulting in a more reliable connection.
- Speed: There is nothing more infuriating than a website that takes an eternity to load. With high-speed connections and no bandwidth restrictions, you can quickly and effortlessly use Venmo. Additionally, high connections are advantageous if you want to use your VPN for streaming and torrenting. Fortunately, we’ve identified the fastest VPN available for this purpose.
- Network size: While having servers in the United States is an excellent starting point for a VPN, its network should cover dozens of countries. Whether you’re at home or abroad, you may find yourself in need of content from other nations, such as Canada or the United Kingdom. Each VPN mentioned in this article has servers in hundreds of locations.
- Security: There are many reasons to utilize a VPN to access Venmo. Apart from the geographical limitations that come with traveling outside the United States, it’s critical to protect your data from hackers. A VPN encrypts your data, making it almost impenetrable to hackers—critical if you’re using public WiFi.
- Privacy: Don’t want your ISP to know what you’re doing online? Utilize a VPN that adheres to a rigorous no-logs policy to safeguard your privacy. However, exercise caution—many VPNs claim to have no-logs policies, but in fact, they do not. To assist you in avoiding these problems, we examined 150+ VPN logging policies. Additionally, several of these VPNs accept Bitcoin payments.
- Ease of use: The VPN mentioned here has user-friendly applications that allow you to connect to a server in the United States and use Venmo in seconds. It shouldn’t be much more difficult than that! Even if you do run into problems, 24/7 live chat and email assistance will be available to assist you.
- Value for money: Some VPNs lack the aforementioned features but are nonetheless more expensive than those listed here. VPNs should be reasonably priced and provide a range of subscription choices, both short- and long-term. Additionally, by using the VPN discount code we’ve given, you’ll save even more money.
Our VPN testing process requires us to have significant hands-on experience with each VPN. By thoroughly evaluating each aspect of a VPN service, we can offer the most complete, accurate, and up-to-date evaluations available.
Is it possible to use a free VPN to access Venmo from a foreign country?
You may have difficulty locating a free VPN that enables you to utilize Venmo when traveling outside the United States. By and large, free VPNs are unreliable and especially insecure when it comes to safely accessing streaming services like Netflix. Additionally, you’ll notice slower speeds—often as a result of bandwidth restriction. Additionally, you may feel constrained by the typical free VPN’s narrow server network, many of which only provide servers in a handful of countries.
Venmo is a digital wallet and payment service, which means it includes personally identifiable financial information that should be kept secure. Certain VPNs fail to encrypt your internet traffic correctly, while others lack critical security features like a kill button. Indeed, it is fairly uncommon for free VPNs to maintain records of your activity. If you want to keep your internet activities and financial transactions secret, your best option is to use the recommended VPN for Venmo.