If you attempt to access American Netflix in Singapore, you will either be diverted to Netflix’s Singapore collection or have a streaming issue. Netflix’s programming, like that of any other large streaming service, is subject to copyright and licensing restrictions. The streaming service does not own global rights to every film and television program. As a result, it has chosen to geo-block content to safeguard licensing agreements and prevent infringing on copyright.
Geographical limits might be especially aggravating if you’re only in Singapore for a brief period of time. It’s possible that you went to Singapore from the United States on vacation. In this instance, you may decide to use the services of a Virtual Private Network (VPN). This enables you to connect to a server in the United States, alter your IP address, and seem to be streaming from your house as usual. You should thereafter be able to access the content in Singapore.
How to use a VPN to access American Netflix in Singapore
A virtual private network (VPN) encrypts your internet traffic and masks your IP address. While this may seem a little complicated, VPNs are really rather simple to use.
Using a VPN, here’s how to view American Netflix in Singapore:
- Sign up for an account using the VPN suggested in this article. We suggest NordVPN in particular.
- Download and install the VPN application that is most suited for your streaming device. The VPN we suggest support simultaneous connections on numerous devices.
- Log into the VPN app and choose a server in the United States. You will then have a US IP address that will allow you to access American Netflix from Singapore.
- Sign in to Netflix by visiting the website. Regardless of your location, you should now be able to view American Netflix content.
- If you continue to notice streaming issues or are diverted to Netflix Singapore, be sure to delete your browser’s cookies. Another possibility is to connect to a different server. Otherwise, your VPN support team may be able to help you.
Therefore, how are you supposed to pick a VPN when there are so many options? To save you time, we’ve whittled the list down to just one. This was accomplished by identifying VPN providers that met the following criteria (more on this later):
- Servers in the United States that are compatible with American Netflix.
- Connections that are unrestricted for non-stop streaming.
- Encryption and a kill switch provide a high degree of security.
- No-logs policy to ensure your privacy and identity are protected.
- Customer service representatives are accessible through live chat and email.
- Each account must have a minimum of five concurrent connections.
Best VPN for watching American Netflix in Singapore
NordVPN is our preferred method of accessing American Netflix from Singapore. One reason for this is its inherent compatibility with streaming services (it also works well with Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and others). NordVPN’s network of over 5,000 servers in several countries enables you to view a wide variety of geo-restricted content while traveling. It is one of the fastest VPNs we have tried and comes with unlimited bandwidth.
NordVPN subscriptions feature 24-hour live chat and email support. Specialty servers such as P2P, Double VPN, and Onion Over VPN provide an extra feature that few competing VPNs provide. All data is encrypted using 256-bit AES, and there is also a kill switch, as well as DNS and IPv6 leak prevention. NordVPN has also just released NordPass and NordLocker, its own password manager and encrypted cloud storage, respectively.
NordVPN applications for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV let you secure multiple devices concurrently. Chrome and Firefox browser extensions are available for download. Additionally, you may configure NordVPN manually with your router.
Methodology for testing American Netflix VPNs
We can only propose the best VPN for streaming American Netflix in Singapore after evaluating a range of them. The following sections detail our methodology:
- Servers in the United States: To access American Netflix from overseas, you’ll need a US IP address. This requires connecting to a US-based VPN server. Several of the VPNs mentioned in this article provide access to over 1,000 US servers located in as many as one to two dozen locations. Naturally, they all have networks that span dozens of nations.
- Speed: Only the fastest VPNs are suitable for streaming, high definition and 4K content. Our speed tests indicate that seven VPNs are more than fast enough for Netflix consumption, and all of them feature unlimited bandwidth. As a result, you may anticipate streaming that is free of latency and buffering.
- Access websites: Of course, Netflix US is hardly the only geo-restricted platform. That is why we evaluate VPNs against a diverse set of websites and services to determine which ones work the best. Streaming services such as Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, and HBO Max are included in this category.
- Security: While it’s fantastic if a VPN has fast servers and a plethora of functions, these advantages mean nothing if your internet traffic is not securely secured or if your data is exposed. At the very least, we seek VPNs that provide strong encryption, a kill switch, and security against DNS leaks. Some even provide additional features, such as dual VPN servers.
- Privacy: Apart from encrypting your data, a VPN provider should adhere to a rigorous no-log policy. This guarantees that you are only aware of your internet activities. After analyzing 100+ VPN logging policies, we determined which ones best safeguard your privacy and help you remain anonymous online (as well as which ones do not).
- Ease of use: Beginner-friendly applications enable you to connect to a server or alter your settings fast and effortlessly. Our hands-on expertise with programs for all main operating systems enables us to identify those that provide a stress-free VPN experience. Notably, the VPN we suggest provides 24/7 live chat and email assistance.
- Excellent value for money: Surprisingly, some VPNs fail to provide the majority of the aforementioned features while charging more than the best VPN for viewing American Netflix in Singapore! Naturally, it helps that we provide promotional codes for all of the VPNs we’ve reviewed. Under all circumstances, a minimum 30-day money-back guarantee is offered.
Can I use a free VPN in Singapore to access American Netflix?
Regrettably, the great majority of free VPNs are incompatible with Netflix. Free VPNs often have a limited number of servers. Indeed, Netflix’s restricted number of IP addresses is often blocked, as the company has ramped up its anti-VPN procedures in recent years. This is all before considering the sluggish speeds and data limitations imposed by free VPNs. As a result of these limitations, you’ll be limited to low-resolution streaming, sometimes with significant latency.
Free VPNs have far too many security flaws to be considered a reliable alternative. According to a 2020 survey, roughly 40% of free iOS VPN applications exposed personally identifying information such as the source IP address or even the password. Certain free VPNs have even been known to record and sell your surfing data to other parties. You can prevent all of this by joining up for a premium VPN service from a reliable operator, such as one of the ones mentioned above.
What can I watch on Netflix in the United States?
- Manhunt: Deadly Games
- Stargate SG-1
- The Borgias
- 30 Rock
- The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
- Call the Midwife
- The Bachelorette
- My Dead Ex
- Private Practice
- Ink Master
- Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles
- American Pie: Girls’ Rules
- Bulletproof 2
- Doom: Annihilation
- Observe and Report
- Breaking the Bank
- Woody Woodpecker
- Hail, Caesar!
- Batman: The Killing Joke
- Once Upon a Time in Mexico