As is the case with most major streaming services, Hotstar is region-locked, which means that its content varies according to the user’s location. This might pose issues when going to another nation and wanting to continue watching your favorite programs. Having said that, this kind of regional limitation is easily circumvented with the correct VPN.
Not only do these services encrypt your communication, concealing your activity from prying eyes, but they also alter your IP address. As this is how the majority of geo-blocked services determine your location, connecting to a VPN enables you to quickly and simply fake your location. In other words, by connecting to an Indian server, you may access websites such as Hotstar, YuppTV, and Jio TV that are blocked in other countries.
How to use a VPN to stream Disney+ Hotstar from overseas
So, how exactly can you get started viewing Hotstar outside of the United States? It’s fairly easy; just follow the instructions below to quickly set up a Hotstar VPN.
- To start, you’ll need to choose a VPN provider—we suggest NordVPN.
- Install your provider’s app on any device where you often stream.
- Log in and establish a connection to an Indian server. While the city in which you pick is irrelevant, you will often notice quicker speeds the closer your chosen server is to your location.
- Log in to Hotstar (or create an account if you haven’t already). Take note that this may require you to have a payment method associated with a physical address in the country.
- Finally, try playing a video. Generally, it should work flawlessly. However, if you are unable to do so, you may resolve the most frequent issues by deleting your cookies and reloading the page.
We understand how challenging it may be to choose your first VPN. Rather than obsessing over the minute intricacies of each service, it’s frequently best to choose one that does everything well enough for your requirements. Otherwise, you risk paying for a VPN that excels in just one aspect, such as speed or unblocking capability. Keeping this in mind, we have determined that any services we suggest must adhere to the following criteria:
- Offers at the very least, one Indian server; ideally more.
- Is sufficiently fast to stream video live without stuttering.
- Can safely access Hotstar and comparable services from outside the United States.
- Advanced security features and a privacy-first logging policy keep you secure.
- Provides applications for the majority of popular operating systems and mobile devices.
Best VPN for Hotstar
Our top choice is NordVPN. It provides access to over 30 servers in India and over 5,000 in several other countries. This alone makes NordVPN an appealing option for watching Hotstar online, but when you include its fast speeds and above-average streaming capability, the value of NordVPN becomes evident. There are very few large streaming sites that this VPN is unable to unblock, and with a six-connection limit, you may watch from anywhere.
Naturally, there are no slackers regarding security. There is 256-bit encryption and security against IPv6 and WebRTC leaks, a customized kill switch, and automated ad filtering and virus scanning. Indeed, users may connect to specially disguised servers for an additional degree of security. NordVPN maintains no records and accepts payments from three different cryptocurrencies. Support personnel are available 24 hours a day through live chat.
NordVPN offers clients for MacOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android. Additionally, it may be enabled manually for wireless routers if you want to safeguard every device on a network.
FAQs about watching Hotstar online
Is it possible to watch Hotstar with a free VPN?
It is quite improbable that you will be able to view Hotstar with a free VPN. To begin with, this service has very rigorous VPN identification tools that will quickly exclude the majority of free providers. Additionally, free VPNs often lack a sufficient number of Indian servers, making it doubtful that you’ll locate one capable of HD streaming.
Is Hotstar a free service?
While Hotstar offers a good deal of free content, the bulk of its catalog is only available to subscribers. On the positive side, if you live in India, your membership includes Disney+, which is a steal at Rs. 899 a month. In comparison, subscribers in the United States must spend $80 per year or $7.99 per month, while Hotstar users in the United Kingdom must pay £5.99 per month or £49.99 per year.
What television series and films are available on Hotstar?
This is very dependent on your location around the globe. For example, Hotstar India (formally rebranded as Disney+ Hotstar) has a distinct content collection compared to Hotstar UK. For the most part, Hotstar supports eight distinct languages: English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Malayalam, and Kannada.
Having said that, regardless of your location, you’ll have access to a diverse selection of entertainment, ranging from dramas to comedy. Several of the most popular titles on Hotstar India include the following:
- Ghum Hai Kisikey
- Bigg Boss
- Yeh Rishta
- The Empire