While Netflix España (or Netflix Spain) may not have the same selection of TV episodes and movies as other countries, it does not mean there aren’t any hidden treasures in the Spanish-language version of the world’s biggest premium streaming service.
Regrettably for Spanish subscribers, many of these titles are inaccessible in libraries in other countries. On the good side, streaming Netflix Spain is still feasible when traveling to other countries, as long as you utilize the appropriate Virtual Private Network (VPN).
The most effective method of obtaining a Spanish IP address is to connect to a VPN. A VPN, which stands for Virtual Private Network, encrypts all internet data on a device and passes it via an intermediate server in a location of your choice. This substitutes the server’s IP address for your own, enabling you to view content that is only accessible in that country. You would then connect to a server in Spain.
Regrettably, Netflix began restricting connections to well-known VPN servers in 2016. When attempting to stream a television show or movie using a banned VPN, the following error notice appears:
How to access Netflix España (or Netflix Spain) from any location
It’s easy to set up a VPN to access Spanish Netflix from abroad. Simply follow our step-by-step instructions below.
- Join a VPN that has servers in Spain. NordVPN is recommended.
- Install the VPN application or browser extension on your device.
- Connect to a server in Spain using the VPN software or browser extension. This will supply you with a Spanish IP address that will enable you to view Netflix from abroad.
- Go to Netflix and sign in using your username and password.
- You should now be able to watch Netflix España videos! If you continue to notice difficulties, consider deleting the cookies from your browser.
The best VPN for Spanish Netflix
Below is a suggestion for the top VPN for Spain that we determined using the following criteria:
- Maintains servers in Spain that are compatible with Netflix.
- Connections that are both fast and reliable are required for continuous and high-quality video transmissions.
- Customer service that is responsive and competent.
- Security and privacy policies that are robust.
- Compatible with a variety of different devices.
NordVPN is our number one recommendation for Netflix Spain. It’s one of the fastest VPNs we’ve tried, and its servers operate dependably with Netflix Spain, as well as a variety of other libraries. Additionally, this service maintains a global network of over 5,000 servers.
It adheres to a real zero-logging policy, which means that no information about the content or the way the VPN is used is stored. The program has military-grade encryption. Users may connect to multiple devices simultaneously with a single subscription.
Apps for Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android are available.
Are you still seeing the Netflix proxy error? Consider the following:
If you’ve subscribed to the VPN mentioned in this post but continue to get the Netflix proxy error while attempting to view a movie, follow these steps:
- Log out of all Google accounts, including the one associated with the Chrome browser. Google cached IP addresses, which may be used to determine your precise location.
- Disable GPS and any other location-aware applications on your computer, smartphone, or web browser. If you’ve previously granted Netflix access to see your location, you’ll need to disable this in your browser settings.
- Clear the cookies, cache, and temporary files from your browser. Learn how to clear your cache and cookies here.
- Deactivate IPv6. This is especially advantageous for Windows 10 users. You may disable IPv6 on your wireless properties. Following that, your device may need to be restarted.
- Purge the DNS cache. Run Command Prompt in Administrator mode on Windows and type ipconfig/flushdns.
- Change the time zone on your device to that of the country from where you’re attempting to access Netflix. Spain is divided into two time zones: UTC+1 and UTC+0.
- If you have access to the router and are connected to a wifi network, rename the wifi network (SSID). Add the suffix “_nomap” to the end (no quotes). For example, consider “privacyexplore nomap”. This disables Google’s geolocation services for your WiFi network. To reestablish internet connectivity, you must reconnect your device to a new network.
- To receive a new IP address, disconnect and rejoin the desired server location.
The methodology used to identify the best VPN for Netflix Spain is as follows.
You can’t just use any VPN to access Netflix Spain safely. Indeed, only a few applications operate successfully with this content repository. To compound issues, some are just too sluggish to be useful. That is why we have compiled a list of minimum requirements for the service we propose. That way, you’ll know that whatever you pick will be capable of handling almost anything. What we searched for in the best VPN for Netflix Espana were the following:
- Servers in Spain: This is the simple part. Without Spanish servers, you will be unable to get a Spanish IP address and, hence, will be unable to access Spanish services. In an ideal world, there would be several options available in a range of Spanish cities.
- High speeds: Because streaming consumes a significant amount of data, fast speeds are critical. We frequently run speed tests on the main VPNs to determine which one is currently the quickest and to track their performance over time.
- Excellent streaming potential: Clearly, we’ll need VPNs compatible with Netflix Spain. We also seek for a provider who can assist you with streaming platforms like Antena 3, La 1, and Cuatro. This way, you’ll always have something to watch.
- Strong security: Because VPNs are intended to keep you secure, we cannot afford to skimp on security. We demand at least 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, security against DNS and IPv6 leaks, and a no-logging policy.
- Applications that are simple to use: Not everyone is a technology whiz. Fortunately, the service mentioned above was created with beginners in mind. They provide a live chat service (typically 24 hours a day), and some even have dedicated servers for streaming Netflix Spain.
- Fair pricing: We will never suggest a service that costs more than it is worth. Additionally, if we propose a VPN, we will inform you of any discounts or money-back guarantees available, ensuring that you never spend more than necessary.
FAQs for streaming Spanish Netflix
Is it possible to stream Netflix Spain with a free VPN?
It is exceedingly unusual to find a free VPN service that works with Netflix Spain. The few secure and private free VPN providers sometimes impose stringent data quotas or bandwidth restrictions, resulting in low-quality video and significant buffering. Additionally, server selection is far more restricted.
We normally advise our users to avoid free VPNs. Free VPNs are not free to operate, and free VPNs often profit from jeopardizing users’ privacy. They can track your activities, place advertisements on online sites, and/or implant tracking cookies in your browser. Each of these is detrimental to your privacy. Sadly, rogue VPN software is often used to propagate malware as well.
If you want to securely watch Netflix while traveling, you’ll need a premium service.
Is it true that all VPNs function with Netflix Spain?
Most VPN companies attempt to give dependable access to a few Netflix libraries, most notably Netflix US and Netflix UK. As a result, individuals who work for Netflix Espana are the exception rather than the norm. The following VPNs will not be able to assist you in securely streaming Netflix Spain:
- Private Internet Access (PIA)
What content is available on Spanish Netflix?
There are presently over 5,000 titles available on Spanish Netflix, so there is no lack of anything to watch. We’ve included just a few of the films that are available exclusively on Netflix Spain below:
- Si yo fuera rico
- Aqui no hay quien viva
- Un Paso Adelante
- The Dead Mother
- Butterfly Wings
- How to Be a Good Wife