Threats to your mobile device that you need to know

When your smartphone’s applications and system start acting oddly or you notice unusual data consumption, your device has been hacked. According to new research, fewer than 40% of the population with smart mobile devices protect their gadgets, while the remaining 60% are a wet dream for cyber attackers. There are four current dangers to your mobile device that you should be aware of.

Mobile botnets

These are some of the most recent advancements in mobile security concerns, and new-generation malware may convert your smartphone into one of the botnet’s numerous bots. Without your awareness, hackers may then take control of the gadget. Since the debut of Viking Horde, a botnet targeting Android smartphones, in 2016, malware researchers have identified over a dozen other botnets.

What is the Internet of Things? (IoT)

Despite the technology’s youth, mobile malware has not been stopped from abusing it. The majority of IoT families utilize variants of the same code, and hackers are taking advantage of this vulnerability to attack a huge number of mobile devices. Because mobile devices are essential to IoT technology, hackers are using them to get access to sensitive data, and IoT is the path of least resistance.


You may have heard of Wannacry and other computer ransomware malware. However, there are ransomware programs that target mobile devices, and you are not secure if you have an online connection. According to Kaspersky Lab, the number of ransomware assaults rose by 11.5 percent between April 2016 and March 2017. Dead applications are one method of downloading ransomware software by clicking on a link provided by hackers claiming to be an app update.

Advertisement and click fraud

Cybercriminals send text messages that include an embedded link. By clicking the link, hackers can access your device remotely, steal your credentials, and gain access to your internal network, such as Wi-Fi. It begins as adware, but hackers may create spyware programs, connect them to the adware application, and distribute them across the botnet.

In conclusion, the only method to safeguard your device from the aforementioned and other dangers is to install and maintain security software. Reduce risk by being conscious of your activity, since it is the primary risk factor for mobile device security risks.

Found this useful? Share with