May 2020 update: It looks as if Unotelly is no longer supplying a functioning VPN service. If you’re looking for a safe alternative to Unotelly to watch Netflix, we suggest NordVPN.
UnoTelly is a provider of smart DNS and VPN services that place a premium on privacy and security. Previously, members could use UnoTelly’s services to access Netflix libraries in other countries while traveling.
Is UnoTelly compatible with Netflix?
That began to change quickly after Netflix expanded internationally and began clamping down on proxy users. Netflix banned several VPN and DNS proxy services, including UnoTelly, preventing customers from watching when connected to UnoTelly servers.
Today, UnoTelly presents itself exclusively as a privacy service, claiming on its main page, “UnoTelly should be used entirely for privacy protection.” Any other use is prohibited. ” This implies that it cannot be used to access Netflix or a large number of other streaming services that prohibit VPN communication. If you try to access Netflix while connected to UnoTelly, the following error notice will appear:
“Whoops, something went wrong… Proxy detected. You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”
Fortunately, not all VPN companies have succumbed to Netflix’s new regulations. In the United States, at least, only a select few can access Netflix consistently.
The best VPN alternative to UnoTelly
NordVPN is compatible with Netflix in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Italy, India, the Netherlands, and Germany. For American Netflix, you may simply consult the NordVPN knowledge base website to determine which servers to connect to. For other countries, contact them through live chat or file a support request.
With NordVPN, you can watch Netflix on your browser as well as on the Netflix iOS and Android apps. Pre-flashed routers with all of NordVPN’s servers setup through Flashrouters are available for purchase, or if you have the hardware, you may deploy NordVPN on your wifi router for usage with gaming consoles and streaming media boxes.
NordVPN has over 5000 servers in several countries. It employs uncrackable encryption and strictly adheres to a zero-log policy. The speeds are adequate for buffer-free HD streaming. Additionally, NordVPN users may unblock Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Now, and Amazon Prime Video.
Apps for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android are available. It supports up to six devices concurrently, making it an excellent value for families with several users.
I use a virtual private network (VPN). What happens now?
After signing up for and paying for the VPN service mentioned above, you may begin viewing US Netflix by following these steps:
- Install the VPN application on the device of your choosing.
- Log in to the application.
- If required, contact your provider’s customer assistance to see if the server is compatible with Netflix US.
- Locate the list of servers in the VPN software and connect to the one that allows access to Netflix.
- Once you’ve created the connection, go to Netflix and begin streaming!
Is Netflix still down? Consider the following…
Depending on your VPN or device, even if you’re using the suggested VPN above, you may still experience the Netflix proxy issue. This might be for a variety of reasons. To get everything functioning again, go through this troubleshooting checklist:
- Disable GPS and other location-based services on your computer, smartphone, or web browser. If you previously granted Netflix access to see your location, you’ll need to disable this permission in your browser settings.
- Clear the cookies, cache, and temporary files from your browser. Clearing cache and cookies on the majority of devices is easy with our guides.
- Deactivate IPv6. This is especially beneficial for Windows 10 users, who may disable IPv6 in their Network Manager’s Wifi Properties. Following that, your device may need a restart.
- Purging DNS cache is a good idea. Run Command Prompt in Administrator mode on Windows and type: ipconfig/flushdns
- Log out of all Google accounts, including the one you use with the Chrome browser. Google cached IP addresses, which may be used to determine your precise location.
- Change the time zone on your device to that of the country from where you’re attempting to access Netflix. Spain is divided into two time zones: UTC+1 and UTC+0.
- If you have access to the router and are connected to a wifi network, rename the wifi network (SSID). Add the word “nomap” at the end (no quotes). For instance, “privacyexplorenomap.” This disables Google’s geolocation services for your WiFi network. To reestablish internet connectivity, you must reconnect your device to a new network.
Can I watch Netflix with a free VPN?
No, it is quite improbable that you will discover a free VPN that allows you to safely watch Netflix. Bypassing Netflix’s firewall requires a level of overhead and resources that cheap VPNs lack. It’s a continual battle to maintain functioning servers up, and free VPNs lack the resources to do so.
In any case, free VPNs are often dubious, and we constantly advise against them. They often earn money by mining their users’ browsing data, putting advertisements onto websites, and/or infecting users’ web browsers with tracking cookies. Additionally, free VPNs often offer a small number of crowded servers that are too sluggish and unstable to stream video effectively.