If you’re attempting to use Telegram in Russia, Iran, India, or any other country where it is restricted, your best chance is to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
A VPN encrypts all communication to and from your device and tunnels it via a chosen intermediate server. Additionally, the encrypted tunnel makes it very difficult for ISPs, hackers, and government surveillance agencies to track your online activity.
By using a VPN, you may conceal your location, fooling state officials in Russia into believing you are situated there.
In this post, we’ll teach you how to use a VPN to access Telegram in Russia, Iran, India, or anywhere else, as well as the best service for this purpose.
A VPN needs to fulfill a lot of criteria to make our selection. The following are only some of the basic requirements for a VPN to be recommended for usage with Telegram:
- Robust security standards ensure that your location is always monitored.
- Android and iOS applications.
- Numerous server sites across Europe and North America.
- There are no traffic logs.
- Convenience of usage.
- Unblocking restricted content.
Our process for finding the best VPN for Telegram
While there are several VPNs available, not all are suitable for use with Telegram. Our technique enabled us to restrict the field of possibilities. This considers the following:
- Servers worldwide: Telegram is accessible in most nations, except for China and Iran. Having access to a VPN with servers located in hundreds of locations across the globe enables you to easily use the messaging service. Additionally, this means you may locate a server that is quicker and closer to your location!
- Speed: We do speed testing on each VPN. This enables us to identify the fastest VPN for Telegram, streaming, and torrenting. Indeed, most of them are fast enough to stream 4K videos without latency or buffering. Additionally, the VPN mentioned in this article provides unlimited bandwidth.
- Unblocking: Apart from Telegram, many websites and services may be geo-blocked for copyright or censorship reasons. This might be a news website, a streaming service, or another messaging service like Signal or WhatsApp. Whatever the case, the best VPN circumvents such restrictions.
- Security: While Telegram offers end-to-end encryption by default, there are some minor problems. For instance, it encrypts data using its own unique protocol. A VPN encrypts all of your internet traffic and safeguards you against data leakage. Indeed, some VPNs provide dual VPN servers.
- Privacy: We examined over 100 VPN logging policies to determine which ones best safeguard your privacy. This is especially true when using messaging services such as Telegram, which require you to submit your phone number and even save some data about you, such as your IP address.
- Ease of use: A VPN does not have to be complicated to use. Indeed, you should be able to establish a connection to a server within a few seconds (adjusting your settings can usually be done in just a few clicks too). We’re looking for beginner-friendly applications as well as live chat and email assistance (preferably accessible 24 hours a day).
- Value for money: Even some of the most costly VPN companies lack some of the functions listed above. Fortunately, we’ve discovered a VPN that provides all of these while being reasonably priced. It comes with a money-back guarantee, and VPN coupon codes enable you to save even more.
Our VPN testing process details how we evaluate VPNs based on a variety of characteristics, including performance, security, and even customer care.
Should I consider a free VPN for Telegram access?
Users attempting to use Telegram in areas where it is restricted should prioritize making sure that their private data is safeguarded at all costs. That is because you are attempting to avoid official regulations, putting you squarely in the state’s sights. And this is not a trivial problem.
Unfortunately, free VPN services come with the danger of inadequate encryption and slow connections. The fact that they are free should be a dead giveaway—these services are not nonprofit and are unquestionably for profit. Numerous sites have been detected installing tracking cookies to harvest and sell their users’ data to third-party advertising.
If you choose a free VPN, there is a small chance that you will enjoy a premium experience. Anticipate numerous disconnections and the persistent suspicion that your digital presence is being tracked.
To ensure your safety, we recommend that you avoid using a free VPN.
How to use a VPN to unblock Telegram
Although Telegram is restricted in certain areas, regaining access is quite straightforward with the use of a VPN. To set up a VPN for Telegram on any PC, Windows, Android, or iOS device, just follow the easy instructions below.
- Sign up for a VPN that is compatible with Telegram. We suggest NordVPN in particular.
- Install the VPN application or browser extension on your device.
- Connect to a server in your native country using the VPN software or browser extension (or in any country in which Telegram is not blocked). This will generate a new IP address for you.
- Install the Telegram application on your smartphone.
- Now that you’ve logged into Telegram, you should be able to send and receive messages! If you continue to notice difficulties, consider deleting the cookies from your browser.
If you’re experiencing trouble changing your Google Play region (or that of any other app store), you may alternatively simply sideload the Telegram.APK file.
VPNs for Telegram: FAQs
What else may a VPN be used for?
Telegram, a popular encrypted chat and VoIP program, has come under assault in Russia, with the Kremlin demanding that the company give over its encryption keys to state security agencies.
Failure to follow these directions led to an outright ban on Telegram in Russia, with officials blocking 16 million IP addresses in an apparent attempt to obstruct access to the service.
Internet users in Russia are directly targeted as the nation descends towards authoritarianism and the suffocation of free expression. While protesters have turned to the streets to demand online freedom of speech, it is unclear if such actions have resulted in a perceptible shift in the Russian authorities’ attitude.
Telegram’s ban is almost certainly a sign that similar limitations will only worsen in the future.
You may use this tool to determine whether websites are prohibited in Russia.
By using a VPN to access the internet, you may acquire an unrestricted version that is free of all limitations and obstacles. Additionally, it may be used to discreetly blog online and access geo-restricted streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu.
Is Telegram a better texting app than others?
While Telegram is a popular messaging program, it is not necessarily superior to Signal or WhatsApp. Indeed, it is very dependent on the metrics used. Consider security. Signal gathers the least amount of data, while WhatsApp gathers the most. While Signal and WhatsApp come pre-configured with end-to-end encryption, Telegram requires activation in the app’s settings. Each of these messaging apps has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
Is Telegram a secure platform?
Telegram is pretty safe, but whether it protects your privacy more than Signal is arguable. While Telegram does provide end-to-end encryption, it must be enabled in the app’s settings. However, one benefit of Telegram is that messages may be made to self-destruct after a certain time period.