Since its introduction in 2012, Tinder has swiftly ascended to a position of dominance in the online dating sector. In 2015, there were more than 1.6 billion Tinder profiles, with the service connecting 26 million individuals daily.
But other networks have banned access to the app. If you’re trying to download and use Tinder in locations where it’s banned, such as your school, business, or university, then your best choice is to connect to a Virtual Private Network (VPN) first.
A VPN encrypts all traffic traveling to and from your device and routes it through an intermediate server in the location of your choice. By picking a location outside your current region, host websites and apps will automatically believe you’re physically present someplace else. A VPN also makes it exceedingly difficult for ISPs, hackers, and spy organizations to track your online usage.
In this section, we’ll walk you through a selection of what we believe are the best-suited VPN for Tinder. They’re rated on the following factors:
- Offers a speedy and dependable service.
- Has a wide number of server sites around the globe.
- Uses robust encryption standards.
- Can unlock restricted content.
- Provides applications for Android and iOS.
- Allows many simultaneous connections.
- Is simple to use.
What is the best VPN for Tinder?
NordVPN is our #1 recommendation for a Tinder VPN. Its fundamental product has been in operation for well over a decade, and this expertise has enabled it to put together a complete solution. The firm maintains over 5,000 servers in several countries and includes top-notch customer support, so there’s always a helping hand when you need one.
As for encryption methods, it employs the 256-bit AES protocol by default, paired with 2,048-bit SSL keys. DNS leak prevention is enabled. These are regarded as top-tier. NordVPN provides a 100% logless service, meaning it won’t record any of your data.
Apps are available for both Android and iOS, while desktop clients may be downloaded for Windows, Linux, and MacOS. A single account is enabled for multiple devices to connect at any one time, so you may share your password with friends and family if need be.
How to unblock Tinder with a VPN
As noted, if your current IP address is restricted from using Tinder, then using a VPN solves this. Here, we’ll guide you through the steps you need to take.
- Decide on a service provider.
In this post, we’ve tried to shed some light on the best VPN for accessing Tinder in countries where it’s restricted. Of course, at the end of the day, the decision is entirely yours. Before making a definitive choice, consider the cost, whether you can test the service out before committing to a longer-term plan, and whether you can get your money back if you’re dissatisfied.
Once you’ve decided, just click on one of the links at the bottom of each mini-review to create an account and enter your payment information.
- Install the applications.
Registration will be completed upon successful authentication of your payment card details. Following that, you should get a confirmation email from the VPN company with which you signed up.
The same email should provide links to pertinent mobile applications for your device. Install them immediately from the website.
Once the downloads are complete, erase your web browser’s cookies and restart your device.
- Launch the VPN application.
Once your device has been completed, click on your VPN provider’s app. Enter your login credentials and choose a server that is not in your current location. This should be quite simple.
- Log into Tinder and continue using it normally.
Allow the app or desktop program a few seconds to establish a steady connection. When the connection is successful, a VPN symbol should appear at the top of your smartphone’s screen.
Once the connection is established, launch the Tinder app and log in as usual.
Methodology: Choosing the best Tinder VPN
There are several VPN services available, but not all of them are suited for everyday use, particularly if you want to stream, video chat, or browse Tinder from overseas. Keeping this in mind, we have established a stringent set of standards that our top provider must adhere to. This is included below, along with a brief explanation of why each is critical:
- Server selection: Generally, the closer the server is, the more reliable the connection. As such, we seek VPNs that have servers in at least 50 countries and a track record of offering lightning-fast connectivity.
- Unblocking ability: Tinder is not accessible in all countries, but if your VPN has anti-censorship protocols, a stealth mode, or obfuscated servers, you should be able to access it when traveling. Additionally, we also check for VPNs that are compatible with geo-restricted content such as Disney Plus, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and ESPN+.
- Security and privacy: You should be able to use Tinder anonymously. That is why we demand 256-bit encryption, a no-log policy, leak prevention, and a kill switch for the VPNs listed above. In an ideal world, more sophisticated techniques would be available, such as split-tunneling, automated wifi protection, or some type of cloaking.
- Usability: Nobody wants to spend their holiday resolving technical issues. For a VPN to be suggested in our article, it must provide user-friendly applications for a range of devices, as well as live chat assistance (which should ideally be accessible 24/7).
- Price: Given the sheer volume of VPNs we see daily, it’s painfully clear when one charges more than is really warranted. Needless to say, we will only propose reasonably priced services and will always tell you of any available reductions to ensure that you pay the lowest possible price.
Using a VPN with Tinder: FAQs
Can I use a VPN to alter my Tinder location?
Previously, you could fake your location on Tinder via a VPN, allowing you to match individuals in locations other than your current one. This was advantageous, for example, if you traveled often yet wanted merely to communicate with family and friends. Tinder, on the other hand, took a stand against this practice by introducing Tinder Passport, a premium tool that duplicates this functionality. As a result, changing your Tinder location with just a VPN is quite tough.
Is it necessary to utilize a free VPN?
It’s very possible that you’ll come across several free VPNs while investigating. Such choices are appealing since they often do not require using a credit card or any other type of financial information.
However, free VPNs use insecure encryption standards, perform at a snail’s pace, and pose a danger of privacy invasion. Not only are the items substandard, they also put you in grave danger. To earn money, several free VPN providers have voluntarily sold user data to third-party providers. This indicates that they’re trying to commoditize your transactions by forcibly putting tracking cookies into your browser.
At all costs, we think you should avoid free VPNs. Nobody enjoys paying a few additional bucks each month, but privacy cannot be quantified. As an alternative, you may check out our suggested top VPN that provides a free trial to test out a few services and choose which one is the best fit for you.