If you’ve attempted to view Cinemax content from another country, you’re likely to have seen the following message:
Not in service area. MAX GO is only supported in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories.
Online content is often geo-restricted, especially for streaming services like MAX GO. As a result, many individuals opt for a VPN. A VPN, short for “Virtual Private Network,” protects your online privacy. This can be accomplished by encrypting your data and routing it via a different server, thus concealing your real IP address and location. By browsing as if you were in a different place, you may access geo-restricted content such as MAX GO.
Several VPNs are accessible, but not all of them are created equal. Different VPNs differ not only in price, but also in the number of servers, the speed they provide, and the amount of protection they provide. To save you time while searching for the best VPN to view Cinemax videos while traveling, we’ve narrowed our search to a VPN that fulfills the following rigorous criteria:
- A large network of servers located in the United States of America and around the globe.
- High-speed servers provide a stress-free streaming experience.
- Encryption and a kill switch provide strong security.
- A no-log policy ensures the privacy of your data.
- Customer service that is prompt in responding.
- There is a risk-free money-back guarantee included.
Best VPN for Cinemax
NordVPN has over 1,500 servers in the United States and over 5,000 globally. This implies you’re unlikely to see geo-restricted content in the future. Generally, the servers to which we connected were quick, and we could watch MAX GO, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video without experiencing any buffering or latency. It’s worth noting that a single NordVPN account may be used on up to six devices simultaneously.
Using NordVPN is a straightforward process. The app’s UI includes a country list and a map of server locations. Additionally, specialty servers (Double VPN, P2P, Onion Over VPN, and Dedicated IP) give additional versatility. NordVPN is a safe VPN service that adheres to a strict no-logging policy. Indeed, NordVPN is headquartered in Panama, a country that does not have mandated data retention regulations. Additionally, it has 256-bit AES encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak prevention, and a kill button. This should give you some reassurance while you browse the web.
NordVPN offers client software for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Android TV. NordVPN also provides Chrome and Firefox browser extensions. However, routers need human configuration.
How to watch Cinemax GO from abroad using a VPN
Outside of the United States, you may watch Cinemax GO by utilizing a high-quality premium VPN. What you need to do to stream MAX GO from overseas is as follows:
- To begin with, you must subscribe to Cinemax. You may do so if you have an account with a MAX GO-supported television provider (there are several hundred).
- Join one of the best VPNs for MAX GO—we suggest NordVPN.
- Download and install the VPN client software that is suitable for your operating system.
- Choose one of the US-based servers to get a US IP address (this is the only country in which MAX GO is available).
- Access MAX GO and test out the newly unblocked content. To ensure that the changes take effect, you may need to delete your browser’s cache and cookies.
Is it possible to stream Cinemax GO with a free VPN?
With MAX GO, we discovered that free VPNs were hit or miss. While some free VPNs may be able to unblock it, we do not suggest them for many reasons:
- Free VPNs are inefficient. With so many users and insufficient infrastructure to handle demand, streaming video content may be a stressful experience. In comparison, premium VPNs often have a higher server-to-user ratio, which results in superior performance with little to no buffering or latency.
- Free VPNs do not provide the same level of security. As we have seen with free services like Facebook, there is virtually always a trade-off. Free services must generate revenue in some way. Often, this takes the form of advertisements, which may be rather bothersome if not handled properly. Worse still, when free VPNs track and sell user data to other parties.
- Frequently, free VPNs do not function. A growing number of websites are using anti-VPN software to prevent users from using VPNs. While the best-paid VPNs have been able to circumvent restrictions implemented by companies such as Netflix, free VPNs sometimes lack the ability to do so. After all, operating a VPN service is costly.
What is available on MAX GO?
On MAX GO, you may view both movies and television shows. However, the film area is somewhat larger, with around 270 films accessible at the time of writing. At the time of writing, MAX GO offered the following titles:
- The Hangover
- Kong: Skull Island
- Alien: Covenant
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
- Me, Myself & Irene
- Red Sparrow
- Big Fish