NordVPN is the best VPN for Gabon because it enables you to bypass government-imposed internet restrictions and also protects you from third parties intercepting your device’s data transmission.
Gabon was a reasonably calm nation with a high level of internet freedom until August 31st, when the country’s electoral commission certified incumbent President Ali Bongo as the victor of the just-concluded presidential election.
Gabon witnessed a 104-hour internet shutdown after opposition leader Jean Ping’s challenge to the outcome and called for a recount. As a result, Gabon’s internet woes started.
Why would someone in Gabon need a VPN?
Whether you’re visiting Gabon or live there, you’ll want to use a VPN for the following reasons.
- Get access to banned websites and social media networks that have been blocked
During the day, Gabon’s government lifted the internet curfew to allow for normal commercial operations while restricting social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Restricting social media access is possible since all IP addresses in Gabon are routed via Gabon Telecom, the country’s only telecommunications operator. As a result, Gabon Telecom has the ability to restrict or filter many social media services while still offering internet access.
When you connect to a VPN, you get access to all forbidden websites and social media platforms since the VPN routes your data traffic via a server located outside of Gabon to connect to the social media or restricted website’s server. As a result, while using a VPN, your data flow bypasses Gabon Telecom’s filtering and limitations, allowing you to access your preferred social media network.
- To protect your data transmissions from government and hacker intrusion
Apart from censoring some websites and social media networks, the government intercepts and analyzes data flows for prospective risks, infringing on citizens’ right to internet privacy. The good news is that you can safeguard your data flow from government interception and hacking operations by using a high-quality VPN connection.
A decent VPN protects your data flow using the military-grade AES-256 bit encryption standard, making it hard for the government or hackers to intercept and decode it. Thus, whether you’re connected to a public WiFi network or from the comfort of your own home, a reliable VPN protects your data from unauthorized access.
- To safeguard your privacy
Your online privacy is not guaranteed in a nation like Gabon. All internet users do so under the watchful eye of the government. As a result, you’ll need a reliable VPN to safeguard your online privacy from the government’s prying eyes.
By masking your IP address and location, a good VPN protects your privacy and makes you anonymous online.
When you connect to the internet through a VPN server located outside of Gabon (for example, when you connect to a VPN server in Miami), the Miami-based VPN server grants your device a Miami-based IP address and also changes your location to that of the Miami-based VPN server. Thus, the VPN server masks your IP address and physical location, transforming you into an anonymous internet user with an untraceable IP address and an unknown physical location.
- Take advantage of the excellent content available via geo-restricted streaming services
Are you worried about how you’ll live in Gabon without access to your favorite Netflix US TV show?
Along with securing your data, enabling you access to prohibited social media networks, and allowing you to connect anonymously to the internet, you can also watch and listen to your favorite programs and music from Netflix, Hulu, and Spotify, among others.
A decent VPN, such as NordVPN, includes specialized streaming servers that let you bypass geo-restrictions and watch amazing content from your favorite Netflix channels or listen to music from Pandora or Spotify, both of which are geo-restricted inside the United States due to US legislation.
Additionally, you may view high-quality content from torrent websites by connecting to one of NordVPN’s dedicated torrent servers.
Which VPN is the best for Gabon?
There are a plethora of free and commercial VPN services available, many offering fantastic features and advantages. However, not all VPN companies are capable of delivering on their promise of incredible features and advantages.
However, NordVPN stands out as an exception because of its premium features, which include all of the perks outlined above and much more.
The premium features of NordVPN
- AES-256-bit encryption technique for military-grade
- Global network of dedicated servers
- Protection against DNS leaks
- Rapid connection speed, six times quicker than the average
- Connection with unlimited bandwidth
- Up to four devices are supported
- There are no traffic logs.
- Premium ad-blocking functionality
- Technical help available 24 hours a day
- Kill switch that operates automatically
- Subscription plans at an affordable price
- Money-back guarantee of 30 days
A word of caution: you should avoid free VPN services for the following reasons:
- A free VPN provides you with a restricted amount of bandwidth, which is insufficient to secure you online or to view content from Netflix or another streaming service provider.
- They bombard you with intrusive advertisements, some of which may act as entry points for malware infestations.
- Free VPNs gather your data and sell it to interested parties for the purpose of advertising or other nefarious objectives.
- VPN services that are available for free do not have premium features or perks.
How to configure NordVPN for Gabonese use?
To configure and utilize NordVPN in Gabon, follow the instructions given below.
- Visit the official website of NordVPN.
- Create a NordVPN account.
- Consider subscribing to one of NordVPN’s plans.
- Install the NordVPN application on your smartphone.
- Acceso a tu cuenta NordVPN.
- Select any of NordVPN’s servers and click or press the connect button to begin receiving security from NordVPN.